FOUR WINDS!!!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:41 pm

wildboy wrote:
dominationSCS wrote:[user=2002]fruit snack[/user] wrote:
dominationSCS wrote:[user=1304]The Schwab[/user] wrote:
tadam6 wrote::cool:i thought 4 winds was supposed to win state...wasn't everybody sayin that?...nobody can run w/ the indians....
well....four winds had a pretty good showing at the state tournament.....and as for the "nobody can run w/ the indians" comment.......umm.....didnt parshall win state?

I thought we were talking about a mascot??

FW and parshalls mascots were one of the best parts of watching the state tournament

?

ha yea they were but don't natives find it a bit contradrictory that they can have those mascots and no one else plus I though the headdress was sacred doesn't seem that BB is a sacred event maybe on the rez it is....anyways watching FW and the DT, DT is the better team only because they play defense FW was more talented but DT has the better coach

I didn't see that must D from Trinity, it was that FW boyz had a bad game shoot weren't going in and Trinity little bunny shoot were going in.

I would take a made bunny over a missed three anyday. Maybe FW should've spent a little less time jacking up NBA 3's and a little more time working the ball around and finding a good mid range jumper.
project-pat

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:01 pm

project-pat wrote:
wildboy wrote:I didn't see that must D from Trinity, it was that FW boyz had a bad game shoot weren't going in and Trinity little bunny shoot were going in.

I would take a made bunny over a missed three anyday. Maybe FW should've spent a little less time jacking up NBA 3's and a little more time working the ball around and finding a good mid range jumper.

haha no kidding. I think they took about 4 NBA balls that game.

What are you talking about wildboy?? The reason FW had a bad shooting game is because they played a team that actually plays defense. Are you saying that taking a bunny shot isn't part of the game?
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:12 pm

grizz wrote:
project-pat wrote:
wildboy wrote:I didn't see that must D from Trinity, it was that FW boyz had a bad game shoot weren't going in and Trinity little bunny shoot were going in.

haha no kidding. I think they took about 4 NBA balls that game.

What are you talking about wildboy?? The reason FW had a bad shooting game is because they played a team that actually plays defense. Are you saying that taking a bunny shot isn't part of the game?

I don't think he knew exactly what he was thinking haha. Yeah, it's a little hard to execute your run and gun game when a team can actually D you up and get in your face. FW actually had quite a few plays that could've turned into easy layups but C.J. decided to pull up from NBA. But, I guess 4 winds doesn't believe in "bunnies" which is why they lost.
project-pat

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:44 pm

All the FW fans wanna do is blame in on bad shooting, shooting a ton of 3 pointers obviously your going to have a bad shooting night but they don't want to say that trinity's defense is what did it it carried them to the championship while FW offense took them to the top of the consolation they were better than the 5th team in the state but thats what they ended up being get over it
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_Fan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:58 pm

wildboy wrote:
tadam6 wrote::cool:i thought 4 winds was supposed to win state...wasn't everybody sayin that?...nobody can run w/ the indians....
well....four winds had a pretty good showing at the state tournament.....and as for the "nobody can run w/ the indians" comment.......umm.....didnt parshall win state?

FW and parshalls mascots were one of the best parts of watching the state tournament

?

ha yea they were but don't natives find it a bit contradrictory that they can have those mascots and no one else plus I though the headdress was sacred doesn't seem that BB is a sacred event maybe on the rez it is....anyways watching FW and the DT, DT is the better team only because they play defense FW was more talented but DT has the better coach

I didn't see that must D from Trinity, it was that FW boyz had a bad game shoot weren't going in and Trinity little bunny shoot were going in.

Is this guy serious???? What does that even mean???? I call for a rule that you have to be over 7 yrs old to register on this site! Any seconds?????? Or at least sober in this guys case!!!
ND_Fan

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:16 pm

[user=2387]ND_Fan[/user] wrote:
wildboy wrote:

?

Is this guy serious???? What does that even mean???? I call for a rule that you have to be over 7 yrs old to register on this site! Any seconds?????? Or at least sober in this guys case!!!

no FW fans won't give it up their team lost and any excuse is better than what really happened they got outplayed finally they played a good defense that forced them into bad shots OR they just aren't disciplined enough to run an offense and all they do is take bad shots its one or the other
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:04 am

dominationSCS wrote:[user=2387]ND_Fan[/user] wrote:
wildboy wrote:

?

no FW fans won't give it up their team lost and any excuse is better than what really happened they got outplayed finally they played a good defense that forced them into bad shots OR they just aren't disciplined enough to run an offense and all they do is take bad shots its one or the other

You know darn near every post since the FW-DT game has been by non FW fans.  OK, we lost!  DT came to play we didn't.  I was over the loss about 2 minutes after the game.  The season's over, get back to your lives if you have one.  We'll see you in Bis next your with the 08 version of the FW Indians!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:18 am

nativegolfer wrote:
wildboy wrote:

?

You know darn near every post since the FW-DT game has been by non FW fans.  OK, we lost!  DT came to play we didn't.  I was over the loss about 2 minutes after the game.  The season's over, get back to your lives if you have one.  We'll see you in Bis next your with the 08 version of the FW Indians!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:05 am

nativegolfer wrote:
wildboy wrote:

?

thats a pretty bold statement, i think they will be a decent team....but whose gonna be the point guard and handle the ball, cj ironheart haha
fruit snack

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:10 am

nativegolfer wrote:
wildboy wrote:

?

Um... the state tourney isn't in Bismarck next year. However, I will say that I know they have some young kids coming up that could possibly contend for the region in a couple years.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:04 am

bballfan_05 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
wildboy wrote:

?

Um... the state tourney isn't in Bismarck next year. However, I will say that I know they have some young kids coming up that could possibly contend for the region in a couple years.

where is it then if it aint in bismarck
fruit snack

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:10 am

fruit snack wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
wildboy wrote:

?

where is it then if it aint in bismarck
Fargo next year...minot the 2 years after that
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:15 am

I don't see how Fargo gets to hold the tourney, by far it is the absolute worst place to watch basketball.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:30 am

Ok, y'all know me, still the same OG, just wanted to chime in about Four Winds fans being sore losers.  Trinity showed up when it counted, the boys chose the worst game of their collective careers to lay an egg, meaning to have nothing to offer, partially because of DT's great man to man full court pressure and partially because they played like they thought something good was just magically gonna happen, like TI, CJ or Chanze were just gonna carry us through the battle...... a lesson for all of you aspiring state champions..... never, ever assume that the little things that it takes to win a state tournament game will somehow just happen... they don't.. you have to make it happen, you have to force your team's will upon the other team as Trinity did so well against us and as we did against Barnes County and Hankinson.  You can't veer from what got you to that point..... being cool and trying to throw no-look passes when you are in a dogfight with the defending state champions and quite frankly a class 'B' dynasty, is not going to get it done.  You need to be sharp crisp, economical with your shot selection.... not 4/23 from 23 ft out, you need to be more patient than ever because the athleticism that we rely on most of the time was matched by Trinities athleticism.

The one thing that Parshall did, to their credit was being willing to do any and everything in their power to take down the Giant.  Their will exceeded their skill, which was very high to begin with.  The Rudy, Nathaniel, Neil and even young Jalen Finley had their 'Eyes on the Prize' the whole tournament, they were not satisfied with just making it their and they sure weren't taking anything for granted once they were given the opportunity to shine.  Unbelievable Champion performance by Parshall, they executed, slashed, hung, blasted, hustled, dove, scrapped, banged and did many other things that champions do to stamp their performance into the history books...... forever!!!!

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:44 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Ok, y'all know me, still the same OG, just wanted to chime in about Four Winds fans being sore losers.  Trinity showed up when it counted, the boys chose the worst game of their collective careers to lay an egg, meaning to have nothing to offer, partially because of DT's great man to man full court pressure and partially because they played like they thought something good was just magically gonna happen, like TI, CJ or Chanze were just gonna carry us through the battle...... a lesson for all of you aspiring state champions..... never, ever assume that the little things that it takes to win a state tournament game will somehow just happen... they don't.. you have to make it happen, you have to force your team's will upon the other team as Trinity did so well against us and as we did against Barnes County and Hankinson.  You can't veer from what got you to that point..... being cool and trying to throw no-look passes when you are in a dogfight with the defending state champions and quite frankly a class 'B' dynasty, is not going to get it done.  You need to be sharp crisp, economical with your shot selection.... not 4/23 from 23 ft out, you need to be more patient than ever because the athleticism that we rely on most of the time was matched by Trinities athleticism.

The one thing that Parshall did, to their credit was being willing to do any and everything in their power to take down the Giant.  Their will exceeded their skill, which was very high to begin with.  The Rudy, Nathaniel, Neil and even young Jalen Finley had their 'Eyes on the Prize' the whole tournament, they were not satisfied with just making it their and they sure weren't taking anything for granted once they were given the opportunity to shine.  Unbelievable Champion performance by Parshall, they executed, slashed, hung, blasted, hustled, dove, scrapped, banged and did many other things that champions do to stamp their performance into the history books...... forever!!!!

Geez, Jermaine get me a tissue!  You make it sound like Villanova defeating Georgetown.  In my eyes Parshall was the better team and won.  As far as FW, those are shots they have made all year they just didn't fall that day same for the passing.  Combo of DT's defense and FW's off game.  Your post sounds like a Brent Musberger commentary...... and I hate Brent Musberger.
Last edited by nativegolfer on Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Edward III » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:46 am

Thank you Indian Alumni for your wisdom! You made more sense than most of these posts combined. Sometimes patience can over come nerves like in the opening game of a state tourny.  
Last edited by Edward III on Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:23 am

bballfan_05 wrote:I don't see how Fargo gets to hold the tourney, by far it is the absolute worst place to watch basketball.

Why is Fargo a bad spot for the class B state? The only reason that I can think of is that it is not a neurtral site like Bismarck is. Its either you drive a long way or its really short. When its in Bismarck it is almost the same no matter where you live.

DISTANCE DOESNT MATTER WHEN YOUR A CRAZY CLASS B FAN!!!
Last edited by grizz on Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:03 am

[user=2289]grizz[/user] wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:I don't see how Fargo gets to hold the tourney, by far it is the absolute worst place to watch basketball.

Why is Fargo a bad spot for the class B state? The only reason that I can think of is that it is not a neurtral site like Bismarck is. Its either you drive a long way or its really short. When its in Bismarck it is almost the same no matter where you live.

DISTANCE DOESNT MATTER WHEN YOUR A CRAZY CLASS B FAN!!!

I've played in the fargo dome for state it sucked the civic center was so much better no the drive didn't really matter it just felt weird playing there and stands are set up weird
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:05 am

Hmm I guess I wouldnt really know what its like to be playing there, but I was a fan there and I didnt mind it. I wouldnt pick any of the two over the other because its always kind of the same when you're a fan.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:07 am

grizz wrote:Hmm I guess I wouldnt really know what its like to be playing there, but I was a fan there and I didnt mind it. I wouldnt pick any of the two over the other because its always kind of the same when you're a fan.

bismarcks way better
fruit snack

Postby finfam06 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:36 pm

fruit snack wrote:
grizz wrote:Hmm I guess I wouldnt really know what its like to be playing there, but I was a fan there and I didnt mind it. I wouldnt pick any of the two over the other because its always kind of the same when you're a fan.

bismarcks way better

Fruit Cakes, I actually have to agree with you! The B should stay in Bis!
finfam06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:16 pm

finfam06 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

bismarcks way better

i think 90% of class B fans would like it to stay in Bis. or if it had to move maybe MInot for a year. There was a topic about best venue for state earlier so if you are interested you should read it.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Aaronih » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:24 am

Good Morning Fellas, (Congrats to Tony for 1st-team all state) that was a nice finish to end the senior's stellar career at FW, just some lil info on TI, he now holds the schools scoring record, most pts in a season, only player to be seleted to back to back all state teams, ( Only FW player to get on 1st-team).. and its been very fun these last couple of yrs for the FW fans..now yes fellas i will be quite about my nephew TI now..lol.. thankx for all the info fellas..and let me know wat u think..
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

Postby fruit snack » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:26 pm

finfam06 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

bismarcks way better

you must be blind....or dumber than a rock, its fruit snack
fruit snack

Postby rumbles » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:58 pm

fruit snack wrote:
finfam06 wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

bismarcks way better

you must be blind....or dumber than a rock, its fruit snack
take it easy man some people have problems reading
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys