Region 5

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 5

Postby bluedevils_4 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:31 pm

alright its getting to be tournament time as of right now who is playin the best ball in region 5 who are the ligit contenders. i know tl-m is on fire and probally the favorite but, lets get some talk goin bout the other teams in the region!
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby oneshot » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:54 pm

As far as dist. 10...should be a good shootout for the 3-4 spots...just based on records, gotta go with tl-m & wilton 1-2...washburn should have the edge over the other 4 teams, pretty close between max, sher. cty., and garrison...underwood will have to play their best ball of the year to advance.

dist. 9...gonna go with shiloh, rock, center, grant cty...shiloh playing the best as of late.
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndhoopscoach » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:45 pm

In district 9, it will be a toss-up. Shiloh has an injury to a key player and that may cost them down the road. New Salem has played well as of late, Grant Co. is just HUGE and you can never count out the Rock, b/c you never know when they are going to light it up. When it comes to the Regional, it will be up to whomever can put three together. On any given night, anyone can get knocked off.
ndhoopscoach

Postby aggiesfan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:32 pm

ndhoopscoach wrote:In district 9, it will be a toss-up. Shiloh has an injury to a key player and that may cost them down the road. New Salem has played well as of late, Grant Co. is just HUGE and you can never count out the Rock, b/c you never know when they are going to light it up. When it comes to the Regional, it will be up to whomever can put three together. On any given night, anyone can get knocked off.

Do you know who is hurt and is he out for the season?
aggiesfan

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:53 pm

I would say TLM is the favorite..with center being a close second...Washburn and Wilton are not very good...shiloh down through new salem is a toss up as they have all beaten each other..or are capable of being each other.....
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:01 pm

New Salem beats Elgin by one in double overtime...Kautzman makes free throw with .8 of a second left after being iced with 3 timeouts in a row by elgin...
bigpoppakdog

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:52 pm

district 10 semi final night Underwood beat Sheridan in a low scoring game 29-38 Washburn just about knocked off TLM Lost by 4. TLM is going to have to start stepping it up to make it through the regions. Washburn has played a heck of a tourney so far. Garrison lost to Wilton. Wilton looked better tonight. Loser out games Monday Underwood and Washburn Garrison and Max Max had the bye tonight. Championship game TLM and Wilton Should be a good night of BB on Monday.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bluedevils_4 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:25 pm

didn't get to make it to the tl-m washburn game, but i am guessing washburn put on a stall. with key tlm players not 100 percent they need to be extra carful to make sure they get out of the district in the position they want. i would expect to see a better and more healthy team come regionals
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:08 am

bluedevils_4 wrote:didn't get to make it to the tl-m washburn game, but i am guessing washburn put on a stall. with key tlm players not 100 percent they need to be extra carful to make sure they get out of the district in the position they want. i would expect to see a better and more healthy team come regionals

Who from TLM isn's 100 percent? What is up?
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old lineman » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:07 pm

Washburn is the cinderellaa story of the year, young kids that listen to Coach Sinclair, who should be district coach of the year, they played hard and never gave up. TLM Malzer 16,Nelson 14, Lopez 10, Stradinger 8, Singer 8. TLM shot poor in comparison to most nights, didn't play an up tempo game and didn't press alot. All of which were surprising. All of the TLM starter's were there, maybe they looked past the Cards.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:23 pm

bluedevils_4 wrote:didn't get to make it to the tl-m washburn game, but i am guessing washburn put on a stall. with key tlm players not 100 percent they need to be extra carful to make sure they get out of the district in the position they want. i would expect to see a better and more healthy team come regionals

Blue Devils You need to let us all in on who was not 100% for the Trojans.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggest ticket » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:35 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:

Blue Devils You need to let us all in on who was not 100% for the Trojans.

Nelson has been sick. He missed Tuesday thru Friday afternoon. Just a bug going around that the whole team has been complaining about, but Nelson has been the sickest missing school and practice all week. Should be healthy by regionals when it counts.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:52 am

Tonight is about as good as a time to play TL-M. Wilton this time does have an excellent chance of knocking the Trojans off in the District finals. The Trojans might need less practice and more airborne going into regionals.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:30 am

biggest ticket wrote:Tonight is about as good as a time to play TL-M. Wilton this time does have an excellent chance of knocking the Trojans off in the District finals. The Trojans might need less practice and more airborne going into regionals.

I agree, If coach Brekke can figure out a defense to hold back TL-M's guards and then the Miners play like they did Saturday it could be very interresting. I have to give props to Washburn. They're very scrappy and don't hang their heads when it doesn't go their way. They keep fighting.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby bluedevils_4 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:59 am

tlm over wilton brekke is a good coach but couldn't find a way to stop them.

i heard from a team member of tl-m that they were most scared of washburn in the district. they are a quick team that can put good pressure on the ball and it showed. congrats to all district 10 teams and good luck in regionals
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:11 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the pairings and order of games for 2008 Region 5 tournament go:

1)Shiloh vs
4) Garrison

2)Wilton
3)New Salem

1)TLM
4)Grant County

2)Standing Rock
3)Washburn

20 straight wins for TL-M make them the favorite. Tournament time anything can happen and all 8 have a great shot of getting out of this one.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:07 am

biggest ticket wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the pairings and order of games for 2008 Region 5 tournament go:

1)Shiloh vs
4) Garrison

2)Wilton
3)New Salem

1)TLM
4)Grant County

2)Standing Rock
3)Washburn

20 straight wins for TL-M make them the favorite. Tournament time anything can happen and all 8 have a great shot of getting out of this one.

Here are my predictions;

Shiloh beats Garrison
Wilton beats New Salem
TL-M beats Grant Cty.
Washburn upsets Standing Rock

Wilton gets revenge and beats Shiloh
TLM beats Washburn

TL-M beats Wilton
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:08 am

jtdc492 wrote:
biggest ticket wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the pairings and order of games for 2008 Region 5 tournament go:

1)Shiloh vs
4) Garrison

2)Wilton
3)New Salem

1)TLM
4)Grant County

2)Standing Rock
3)Washburn

Here are my predictions;

Shiloh beats Garrison
Wilton beats New Salem
TL-M beats Grant Cty.

TLM beats Washburn

TL-M beats Wilton

Hey, with that post I bust into yhe starting lineup!! Whoohoo!!
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby bluedevils_4 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:59 pm

jtdc492 wrote:

1)Shiloh vs
4) Garrison

2)Wilton
3)New Salem

1)TLM
4)Grant County

2)Standing Rock
3)Washburn

Here are my predictions;

Shiloh beats Garrison
Wilton beats New Salem
TL-M beats Grant Cty.

TLM beats Washburn

TL-M beats Wilton

agreed.... how did center not make regionals??????? they were probally the number 2 team in the region
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:11 pm

bluedevils_4 wrote:
jtdc492 wrote:

1)Shiloh vs
4) Garrison

2)Wilton
3)New Salem

1)TLM
4)Grant County

2)Standing Rock
3)Washburn

Here are my predictions;

Shiloh beats Garrison
Wilton beats New Salem
TL-M beats Grant Cty.

TLM beats Washburn

TL-M beats Wilton

agreed.... how did center not make regionals??????? they were probally the number 2 team in the region

I believe Grant County beat them. Don't know the score or conditions of the game.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby oneshot » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:46 pm

according to the trib., center had a tough shooting nite.
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:05 pm

wilton won't get revenge because New Salem will beat them...New Salem already beat them on Wilton's court..so I would say don't put the cart in front of the horse....New Salem has a very respectable record this year..and some very good athletes..that really want to do well....they are young and finally got over the district hump for once....a good sign when a young team can get through those tough games...
bigpoppakdog

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:15 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:wilton won't get revenge because New Salem will beat them...New Salem already beat them on Wilton's court..so I would say don't put the cart in front of the horse....New Salem has a very respectable record this year..and some very good athletes..that really want to do well....they are young and finally got over the district hump for once....a good sign when a young team can get through those tough games...

Were you at the game when NS beat Wilton? Wilton shot very poor, not their usual game. NS shot well and Wolf was very hot. I don't think Wilton will play the same as they did that nite. I could be wrong, but I will stay with those predictions.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby bluedevils_4 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:46 pm

jtdc492 wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:wilton won't get revenge because New Salem will beat them...New Salem already beat them on Wilton's court..so I would say don't put the cart in front of the horse....New Salem has a very respectable record this year..and some very good athletes..that really want to do well....they are young and finally got over the district hump for once....a good sign when a young team can get through those tough games...

Were you at the game when NS beat Wilton? Wilton shot very poor, not their usual game. NS shot well and Wolf was very hot. I don't think Wilton will play the same as they did that nite. I could be wrong, but I will stay with those predictions.

agreed... NS caught wilton on and off night and NS themselves played very well. judging by how tuff wilton played TL-M in the District championship i think that TL-M will have a rematch with Wilton in the finals
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Wilton is a very solid team. I think jc492 predictions could easily happen. I hope that Washburn can get Standing Rock because the Rock is again dangerous because you never know what team will show up. They could win the Region if that one that played Wilton this year shows up.

My predictions would be TL-M SHiloh in the finals and TL-m beating Shiloh by 15ish to get to state.

I seriously feel that 6 teams have a chance of winning this region, but its TL-Ms to lose because if their best team shows up its over. Washburn and Garrison are the only ones Im pretty positive wont be able to string 3 wins in a row here to advance but the remaining 6 can.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys