District 3 picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 3 picks

Postby ddeshields2002 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:28 am

I also think that karl hager and broc trosen, will help take off some weight for jake. Karl can drive thru the lane. Someone will have to commit to him on the drive and he'll dish it off. Broc is a hard nose player. He'll work hard on the boards and will score some points this year with putbacks. I will admit he needs to work on more moves. If Prosser can contribute, which I'm almost possitive he will, they will be a tough team to beat when i comes to playoffs.
ddeshields2002

Postby Hinsa » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:06 pm

So, anyone surprised by any results so far?

Larimore got it handed to 'em by Cavalier and I thought Cavalier was at least a year away yet from respectability. Although I assume Hager isn't playing yet.

Thompson's got 2 wins, one by a bunch. Are they Better than we thought?

Hillsboro got thumped by Richland by 17. The loss didn't surprise me, the margin did. Richland has a very solid ballplayer - Thompson - 6'2" senior. Look for his name as the season progresses.

Griggs almost got a win - so close they could taste it. They are better this year.

DP - pretty much as expected so far - pretty easy wins.

Any way we can get all of the teams to get their info into the NDHSAA site and into MaxPreps.com? MaxPreps is especially helpful as it is a place to go to see up to the day standings in the district, but the coaches or someone has to send in the schedule and/or results. Any help out there?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:45 pm

I'm not too suprised by anything so far just because no one knew what to expect. Larimore lost last night to New Rockford as well by fifteen. I knew that they would be a little down without hager but I still expected them to compete. Thompson has talent, but so far they have played limited competition. Hillsboro will be fine they just need a way to slow down the tempo like in year's past. Grigg's lost last night pretty bad to FSHP. Griggs will be hoping to be in the middle of the pack. Dp has been dominant, so far I am suprised by how much Kueber has scored. He is the real deal. Central Valley lost by forty or more in their first two games. This is a totally new team from last year. They will struggle this year but they have two upperclassmen so the future could look bright. Hatton-Northwood struggled to beat drayton st thomas on Saturday. They'll be fine they just need a couple guys to step up and score other than strand and wallace. Mpcg has not played a game as they don't start until friday.
PA42

Postby District_Guru » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:12 pm

How much is Dakota Praire winning by? How much is Kueber and Nichols scoring together? How is Lukens doing? Does he have any offense yet? I saw today that H-N is recieving votes in the state, and so is Dakota Praire, how is that going?
I'm out of the District Three area, what are things looking like out east?
District_Guru

Postby Hinsa » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:27 pm

Kueber has had 20+ in both games, Nichols was in the teens, I believe. Lukens is getting minutes off the bench, not much scoring but I don't think that's his role.

HN won their first by 8 over Drayton-St. Thomas - surprisingly low margin, but it's early. I think HN will have good chemistry this year - not as many guys needing playing time so they may mesh better.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Oh by the way, HN plays DP in McVille Thursday night. Great early game that will tell a lot about how those two teams compare. Could have a little edge to that game because of the 2 kids that jumped ship.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:32 pm

horne98 wrote:I'm not too suprised by anything so far just because no one knew what to expect. Larimore lost last night to New Rockford as well by fifteen. I knew that they would be a little down without hager but I still expected them to compete. Thompson has talent, but so far they have played limited competition. Hillsboro will be fine they just need a way to slow down the tempo like in year's past. Grigg's lost last night pretty bad to FSHP. Griggs will be hoping to be in the middle of the pack. Dp has been dominant, so far I am suprised by how much Kueber has scored. He is the real deal. Central Valley lost by forty or more in their first two games. This is a totally new team from last year. They will struggle this year but they have two upperclassmen so the future could look bright. Hatton-Northwood struggled to beat drayton st thomas on Saturday. They'll be fine they just need a couple guys to step up and score other than strand and wallace. Mpcg has not played a game as they don't start until friday.

I think they need Wallace to score. He only had six points against a team the was not very good defensively.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:21 pm

Hinsa wrote:Kueber has had 20+ in both games, Nichols was in the teens, I believe. Lukens is getting minutes off the bench, not much scoring but I don't think that's his role.

HN won their first by 8 over Drayton-St. Thomas - surprisingly low margin, but it's early. I think HN will have good chemistry this year - not as many guys needing playing time so they may mesh better.

The first game they both had 26 points, and against Midkota Nichols was in the teens and Kueber in the high 20's.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby lightsout » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:27 pm

Hinsa wrote:So, anyone surprised by any results so far?

Larimore got it handed to 'em by Cavalier and I thought Cavalier was at least a year away yet from respectability. Although I assume Hager isn't playing yet.

Hillsboro got thumped by Richland by 17. The loss didn't surprise me, the margin did. Richland has a very solid ballplayer - Thompson - 6'2" senior. Look for his name as the season progresses.

Griggs almost got a win - so close they could taste it. They are better this year.

Any way we can get all of the teams to get their info into the NDHSAA site and into MaxPreps.com? MaxPreps is especially helpful as it is a place to go to see up to the day standings in the district, but the coaches or someone has to send in the schedule and/or results. Any help out there?

I'm surprised Larimore has struggled as much as they have. It seems like they have enough athletic ability and talent to do some damage, but their 1st two games have proved otherwise... Granted, Hager isn't playing. Is Hager good enough to take them out of this slump when he comes back, or will it be a long year for Larimore?
lightsout

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:38 pm

anyone got any stats/scores for larimore this year so far? has prosser lived up to his hype? does he look like he can match up with Ak so he says?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:48 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:anyone got any stats/scores for larimore this year so far? has prosser lived up to his hype? does he look like he can match up with Ak so he says?

I believe he put up at least 14 against Cavalier and put up 9 last night against New Rockford-Sheyenne.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:49 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:anyone got any stats/scores for larimore this year so far? has prosser lived up to his hype? does he look like he can match up with Ak so he says?

I seen he had 15 points against Cavalier in the paper, but I don't know anything other then that. I never seen the box score agaisnt New Rockford.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby aggie football » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:52 pm

Hinsa wrote:So, anyone surprised by any results so far?

Oh the season is underway and i love it! Just goin from what i've heard and i believe all this is true Dakota Prairie is the real deal. The first game Nichols and Kueber each had 26 points. Reading the paper today, They beat midkota easily with Kueber scoring 28, Nichols 8, Severson 11. So that means Kueber is averaging 27 ppg through 2 games and Nichols is averaging 17 ppg through 2 games if any of you didnt want to do that math. I'm very surprised by the Larimore team. They got smoked by a Cavalier team who isn't suppose to be all that good and also by a New Rockford team that I know nothing about. I have seen the box score and Prosser is putting up 15 pts. the first game and 9 last night...so 12 ppg not exactly what i was expecting from reading on here about him. I was really surprised seeing Hillsboro getting it handed to them by Richland. I definatley have Thompson as my sleeper right now. Got 2 early wins to start off the season and seeming to be playing some good ball. HN barely snuck by DraytonSt Thomas whos not suppose to be all that good as it showed last night in their display vs. Grafton, losing 74-33. CV is looking terrible as they lost to Park River by over 60 and then to North Border by a little smaller margin. GCC isn't lookin all too bad this year compared to past years. Fun to see once district games come around so we can actually compare these teams to one another
aggie football

Postby Thunder66 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:56 am

Drayton-St. Thomas gave HN troubles last year and actually beat them. I think it was just some first game jitters with only Wallace and Strand having varsity experience
Thunder66

Postby PA42 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:27 pm

cubsfan I don't agree about drayton st.thomas' defense. They really clogged up the middle and made it tough for anyone to drive or score down low. Once they saw they had open outside shots they didn't even try to go down low.
PA42

Postby prosser5 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:25 pm

We got totally worked by Cavalier and NR-S. We are playing terrible defense right now and shots aren't falling offensively. But it's early in the season and we got Karl for the Park River game next thursday so hopefully that will help us a lot. Give us a couple weeks and we will be playin some good ball.
prosser5

Postby prosser5 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:29 pm

Gus Kueber has been lighting it up for DP. The other night he had 22 points and 3 dunks in the first half against Midkota.
prosser5

Postby PA42 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:55 pm

Aggie2 when you say cv is looking terrible you have to realize what they bring back. They lost all five starters to graduation and their top three bench players decided not to come out this season. On their roster they have a senior and a junior, neither of whom played much varsity at all and five sophomores. The tallest kid on the team is 5'10" so they don't matchup that well with anyone. Plus add a new coach and a new system how could you expect them to compete? Give them credit, they play hard and smart. I think that Vonesh is doing really well with this team and I think they'll compete in a year or two.
PA42

Postby adriana » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:51 pm

horne98 wrote:Aggie2 when you say cv is looking terrible you have to realize what they bring back. They lost all five starters to graduation and their top three bench players decided not to come out this season. On their roster they have a senior and a junior, neither of whom played much varsity at all and five sophomores. The tallest kid on the team is 5'10" so they don't matchup that well with anyone. Plus add a new coach and a new system how could you expect them to compete? Give them credit, they play hard and smart. I think that Vonesh is doing really well with this team and I think they'll compete in a year or two.

Who are the three that didnt come out? I havent seen them play yet this year but i've seen the scores to their games...rough.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:22 pm

Spencer Hillenbrand, Adam Delvo, Jake Johnson, and Tyler Kuster (injury i think?) all did not come out this season. For such a young team they don't turn the ball over that often and Chase Luchinger is going to be a nice player.
PA42

Postby adriana » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:57 pm

horne98 wrote:Spencer Hillenbrand, Adam Delvo, Jake Johnson, and Tyler Kuster (injury i think?) all did not come out this season. For such a young team they don't turn the ball over that often and Chase Luchinger is going to be a nice player.

Thats right...Kuster got hurt early in football season and Delvo can't play due to a neck injury he got during football. Johnson isnt in school anymore so the only one i dont have a reason for is Hillebrand. I guess i shoulda thought about that longer before i asked haha...since i knew all that.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:16 pm

Whats with the old school score of 33-31 hillsboro over mpcg wow i bet that was a dandy to watch :lol:
toughregion2

Postby adriana » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:16 am

scc wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:Whats with the old school score of 33-31 hillsboro over mpcg wow i bet that was a dandy to watch :lol:

I listened to some of the game, and it just sounded like neither team could hit their shots. Add the FW blowout over DP, and you've got an unpredictable district.

It wasn't that exciting until the last couple minutes. Shots weren't falling...passes were bein thrown away...not the best game. But Zach Grothmann's freethrows with 1.6 seconds left were pretty exciting. And Josh Mayo hit a few crucial threes....not bad for being the first game of his season.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:33 pm

scc wrote:Several district 3 and other area teams will be participating in the Comet Christmas Classic this week. Story from mayvillestate.edu follows:

The Mayville State University Comet Athletic Club will sponsor the Comet Christmas Classic high school boys basketball tournament on December 27 and 28, 2007. (December 29 will be used as a storm day, if needed.) Games will be played at the Lewy Lee Fieldhouse on the campus of Mayville State University, Mayville, N.D.

High school boys basketball varsity teams playing in the tournament will be Griggs County Central (N.D.) High School, Hillsboro (N.D.) High School, Hatton-Northwood (N.D.) High Schools, Norman County West (Minn.) High School, May-Port CG (N.D.) High School, Maple Valley (N.D.) High School, Central Cass (N.D.), Grafton, (N.D.) High School, and Stephen-Argyle (Minn.) High School. The Wahpeton (N.D.) High School junior varsity boys basketball team will also play.

High School girls basketball varsity teams playing in the tournament will be Hillsboro (N.D.) High School, Norman County West (Minn.) High School, and Northern Cass (N.D.) High School.

The game schedule for Thursday, December 27, is as follows: Hatton-Northwood vs. Stephen-Argyle (boys) at 1:00 p.m.; Norman County West vs. Griggs County Central (boys) at 3:00 p.m.; Hillsboro vs. Norman County West (girls) at 5:00 p.m.; and Hillsboro vs. Maple Valley (boys) at 7:00 p.m.

The game schedule for Friday, December 28, is as follows: Griggs County Central vs. Wahpeton JV (boys) at 1:00 p.m.; Norman County West vs. Northern Cass (girls) at 3:00 p.m.; Central Cass vs. Norman County West (boys) at 5:00 p.m.; and May-Port CG vs. Grafton (boys) at 7:00 p.m.

For more information about the 2007 Comet Christmas Classic, call 701-788-4706.

District 3 is 3-0 after day one. The only game I saw was the Stephen-Argyle vs. Hatton-Northwood game in which H-N won 74-68. GCC picked up their first in 2 years. Congrats!
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:38 pm

I am really happy for GCC getting that win. It was a long time coming and that team has worked hard to keep going through a long drought.

Hillsboro had a break-out game offensively. Ran with the ball well and finally hit their outside shots. Beat Maple Valley by about 25.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys