Region 7

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 7

Postby project-pat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:19 pm

Who's everyone's top 4 teams (in order) and who will be some obvious picks for all district/region and senior athlete of the year?
I'm just a soul who's intentions are good..oh lord..please don't let me be missunderstood! What's understood ain't gotta be explained..but you don't understand me so let me explain..
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Region 7

Postby eastwood99 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:39 am

I'm thinking Hazen should finally make it to state,but will Mott-Regent be good again or did they lose a lot of Seniors? Dickinson Trinity again will be a contender? Actually....I have no idea so I guess I'll shut up. :lol: (Serious about Hazen though)
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Trinity, Bowman, Hazen and Beach should be the top dogs but in which order is anyones guess..
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:41 pm

I think Bowman's main problem last year was their strength..they seemed to get bullied around late in games..they always started out hot but then lost their swagger in the 4th quarter. But after a year under the philosophy of Coach Ballard and an offseason in the weight room..look for them to contend for the region title..They have only lost one player from last year's roster
I'm just a soul who's intentions are good..oh lord..please don't let me be missunderstood! What's understood ain't gotta be explained..but you don't understand me so let me explain..
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:45 pm

I'm not so sure about Joe Westman though..doesn't anyone else think that he has scored so many points and led the team because they had absolutely nobody else..i think it will take more than just his talent for things to connect in Hazen..who knows..maybe he'll come in and him and Marshall won't get along and they will fail..it's a toss up right now..Trinity will be good once again but they really lack post presence which will hurt them against a big team like Bowman..should be an exciting year!!
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 54321 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:54 am

even if Westman doesnt score a ton like he did in Max, Hazen was going to be good anyway and he just makes them better. With Marshall drawing double teams and box-and-ones Westman should have lots of open looks to knock down shots. Brinkman also does a good job inside, and Carr controls the tempo of the game nicely, but he will have to avoid his cold shooting streak that happened last year.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eastwood99 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:22 pm

Wait a second.....Joe Westman goes to school in Hazen now? Where the heck have I been.? :lol:
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HeisAlive » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:46 pm

You don't have to worry about Joe Westman getting his points even with Hazen having a good team. Joe will get his points and be a great player for Hazen.
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fire hazerd » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:01 pm

i do not think bowman will go anywere they are not that good
fire hazerd

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:04 pm

fire hazerd wrote:i do not think bowman will go anywere they are not that good

Bowman is good, but they will get out coached come tournament time.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:16 am

tellmeaboutit wrote:

they will get out coached? how do you figure that? Do you know what kind of experience Coach Ballard has? It's not like this is his first head coaching job..he has lead many teams to state..so what makes you think he can't do it again this year?
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 07ndgolfer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:42 am

project-pat wrote:
tellmeaboutit wrote:

they will get out coached? how do you figure that? Do you know what kind of experience Coach Ballard has? It's not like this is his first head coaching job..he has lead many teams to state..so what makes you think he can't do it again this year?
He's been to state once.... maybe twice.... but anyway, if there was going to be a team to out coach them it would be Trinity, but i'm not sure how good they'll be this year. Hazen will be good again this year, but i don't think you have to worry about Johnson out coaching anyone...
07ndgolfer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:45 am

Just never count Trinity out thats all I really have to say. No one thought they were going to be that great last year either but look at how things turned out. I don't think that they really lost anyone from last year (where they gained essential experience), so they should be pretty good and be taking a good shot at some of the "better" teams in the Region.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lambboy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:21 pm

ya Trinity will be good this year and so will hazen......but idk why anybody isnt talking about richardton-taylor? i think r-t is better than both trinity and hazen
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:24 pm

lambboy wrote:ya Trinity will be good this year and so will hazen......but idk why anybody isnt talking about richardton-taylor? i think r-t is better than both trinity and hazen

agreed...R/T lost nobody from last season and they return a good nucleus of players..but don't they ahve a new coach this year? So that could end up hurting them..it's never good to transition to a new coach..especially in your senior season..
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:25 pm

I thought that they lost Garret Zent?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby no2much » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Yea RT lost Garrett Zent and they dont have a new coach. I think they will have a very reasonable team this year and have a chance at state if the stay out of injury trouble.
no2much

Postby project-pat » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:12 pm

oh wow how could I ever forget Zent...my favorite person to heckle..lol
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lambboy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:19 pm

they did lose Zent but they return jadon messer who is one of the best players in the region....dylan messer who gained alot of experience last year and will be solid.....lane transtrom and kasey naumann are also very good players
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bleacherfan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:05 am

I predict Hazen will come out on top of region 7 this year, followed by Trinity. After that it will be a huge guess.

Regarding the Richardton comments, I don't see them doing a whole lot this year, but I've been proven wrong before.

Good luck to all the teams of Region 7!
bleacherfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby firegate » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:12 am

RT should be pretty good, but the coaching is a ?
firegate

Postby Wildcat » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:03 am

District 13
Bowman County - a very good team in a rather weak region
Heart River - Jimmy Smith, James Duletski...should be good
Beach - definitely have athletes
Hettinger -
Mott-Regent - lost large senior class...return minimal experience
Scranton
New England

District 14
Dickinson Trinity - Robbie Morey, Jordan Selinger, Tommy Peters, Aaron Grinsteinner..don't underestimate this group or their coach.
Hazen - Westman and Marshall should be hard to stop
Richardton-Taylor - Starters will probably be Jadon Messer, Dylan Messer, Kasey Naumann, Lane Transtrom and not sure who the fifth one is, but this team is talented.
Beulah - New coach Jeremy Brandt should help this team, with some great athletes like Josh Schank and Andrew Just.
Glen Ullin-Hebron - Has some kids returning to a team that wasn't too bad at the end of the year.
Killdeer - brings back Gabe Fettig and Ethan Harris...both decent shooters, but not a lot of help elsewhere. Also, I'm not sure they have a coach yet.

Region 6
Dickinson Trinity - I know not a lot of people are pickin' them, but with those kids, I guarantee you this is a team that comes out surprising people.
Hazen - Marshall will win Senior Athlete of Year
Bowman County - He'll beat out BC post Alex Wolf for the award
R-T
Beulah
Heart River
Beach
Hettinger
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 54321 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:17 am

I heard that Peters tore his MCL in football so I'm pretty sure he is done. That will allow Just form Beulah, Brinkman and Marshall from Hazen, and all of Bowman County's big players to put up big numbers against DT.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:13 am

With Peters out..Trinity has basically 0 posts...it has been proven that you can not win without a dominant post (eg. Los Angeles Lakers) and you forgot about Heart River's best player Devon Schmeling..and it's also Region 7 and not 6..Trinity is going to get pounded down low by teams like Bowman who have 4 players at at least 6'4"..I don't see them coming out of the region at all..it'll come down to Hazen or BC..RT close behind..
project-pat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:44 am

You don't see them at all?

That's Titan motivation. I do agree that if Peters is out, it's going to be a problem. But you never know with this team and I could still see them coming out. I think little Grinny is primed for a big year.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys