District 3 district tourney

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 3 district tourney

Postby Prime Time » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Who do you guys have taking home the title----also who would you put for senior player of the year for the district
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Re: District 3 district tourney

Postby Luke_J32 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:46 pm

Obviously with Dakota Prairie beating Thompson that makes them the favorite thats the only team i would put my money on. I would say for senior player of the year it would have to be Wallace or Nichols. If Nichols hadn't been playing sick for the last month I think he would be the clear favorite It's defintely one of them but I will go with Nichols, he is on the better team and to average what he averages on his team is way harder than what Wallace averages at H-N.
Luke_J32

Postby nc » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:17 pm

Im going to go with dp for the district title. The way they are playing right now and with everybody healthy they will be able to win the district title. I agree with luke_32 with nichols or wallace getting senior player of the year, it should be close but since nichols was sick they might go with wallace but also dp does have the better record and if they win the district maybe they will give it to nichols. what are nichols and wallaces stats for the year does anybody know?

Championship Game: Dp over H-N (60-51) Thats if H-N can even make to the semi-finals, they will beat mayport, but they will have to beat thompson to get into the ship. If H-N wants to make it to the championship wallace is going have to score 20+ every game, strand is going to have to score at least 15+ and every other starter is going to have step up big or H-N has to play some really tough defense. But I dont know if h-n has enough players to beat dp or even beat thompson.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:17 pm

Who starts for Hatton-Northwood now that Huus is injured? Will he be back anytime soon?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby halibut » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Little red head Workin starts in Huss's absence. I saw Huss and his cast was off so maybe he will be coming back.

I will also take DP for winning the tourney. They will cruise to the Championship where I believe they will see their only competition which will be the winner of the HN/Thompson game, which i'll give Thompson. Thompson played them tough the first time last Saturday.

The only game which will be close on day 1 i think will be Larimore/Hillsboro. Any guesses on outcome of that game? and who is going to be All-District do you think?
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MT_20 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:57 am

Is district 3 double elimination??? because that would determine my picks
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:03 pm

MT_20 wrote:Is district 3 double elimination??? because that would determine my picks

when i played it was, i think it is still the same.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flyer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:06 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
MT_20 wrote:Is district 3 double elimination??? because that would determine my picks

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a district tournament that is not double elimination or that doesn't have a challenge game.
Flyer

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:27 pm

Flyer wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a district tournament that is not double elimination or that doesn't have a challenge game.

i agree, except its weird, cause district 2 volleyball is setup where if you win the first day your in regions and if you lose you are done, not a big fan of that.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketball » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:28 pm

It is double elimination. But there is no challenge game. I know a few years back, about 5 or 6, this tourny was single elimination. If you won your first game you were into regionals. I think that was only for 1 year though.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:35 pm

Yep, I remember that, too. It would have been 2003...I was coaching at Thompson and we beat Hatton in the first round to make it to regions.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:49 pm

I like single elimination.

Think of March Madness - you lose and you're out. Think of the huge upsets in recent years. If you are really interested in excitement and not just the best teams advancing, then you can't beat single elim. Everyone likes an uderdog and likes to jump on Cinderella's bandwagon. You don't get that in double elim tournaments.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby MT_20 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:45 pm

basketball wrote:It is double elimination. But there is no challenge game. I know a few years back, about 5 or 6, this tourny was single elimination. If you won your first game you were into regionals. I think that was only for 1 year though.

Thanks.
i have
1. DP
2.Thompson
3.Hillsboro
4. Larimore
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby nc » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:40 pm

These are my picks for all-district teams.

DP- Nichols, Severson, Frederick, Kueber
H-N- Wallace and Strand
Thompson- Morgan, maybe demoe
Larimore- Delorme, maybe hager
Hillsboro- Horne
GCC- Jesse Ott

MVP- Nichols or Wallace

Coach of the year will probably go to Thompson coach or DP's coaches.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:03 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Yep, I remember that, too. It would have been 2003...I was coaching at Thompson and we beat Hatton in the first round to make it to regions.

That was a good game. Didn't it go into overtime?
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:22 pm

I don't think so, but I think the final score was 55-54.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:36 pm

nc wrote:These are my picks for all-district teams.

DP- Nichols, Severson, Frederick, Kueber
H-N- Wallace and Strand
Thompson- Morgan, maybe demoe
Larimore- Delorme, maybe hager
Hillsboro- Horne
GCC- Jesse Ott

MVP- Nichols or Wallace

Coach of the year will probably go to Thompson coach or DP's coaches.

I agree with all of those and I don't think anyone from MPCG and CV deserves to be on the all-district team because no one on any of those teams has played with any consistency. I don't think every team needs to have someone on the all district team if they don't earn it.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby magic715 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Can
nc wrote:Im going to go with dp for the district title. The way they are playing right now and with everybody healthy they will be able to win the district title. I agree with luke_32 with nichols or wallace getting senior player of the year, it should be close but since nichols was sick they might go with wallace but also dp does have the better record and if they win the district maybe they will give it to nichols. what are nichols and wallaces stats for the year does anybody know?

Championship Game: Dp over H-N (60-51) Thats if H-N can even make to the semi-finals, they will beat mayport, but they will have to beat thompson to get into the ship. If H-N wants to make it to the championship wallace is going have to score 20+ every game, strand is going to have to score at least 15+ and every other starter is going to have step up big or H-N has to play some really tough defense. But I dont know if h-n has enough players to beat dp or even beat thompson.

Can u give me the seedings?
magic715

Postby cubsfan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:56 am

magic715 wrote:Can
nc wrote:Im going to go with dp for the district title. The way they are playing right now and with everybody healthy they will be able to win the district title. I agree with luke_32 with nichols or wallace getting senior player of the year, it should be close but since nichols was sick they might go with wallace but also dp does have the better record and if they win the district maybe they will give it to nichols. what are nichols and wallaces stats for the year does anybody know?

Can u give me the seedings?

DP #1 vs. #8 CV
Hillsboro #4 vs. #5 Larimore
Thompson #2 vs. #7 GCC
H-N #3 vs. #6 MPCG
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:46 pm

I cannot wait to watch each game today. Every game will be interesting (even the first one). Best of luck to all the teams. I hope that each team shows up with something to prove.
PA42

Postby nc » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:48 pm

I dont know if every game is going to be good. Dp will beat central valley, H-N shouldnt have any trouble with mayport, thompson will beat GCC. So the only game that I think will be good is the larimore vs Hillsboro game, but the way larimore is playing i think hillsboro will win.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:36 pm

I in no way said every game would be good or close. I just thought it would interesting how DP would come in and play. I just wanted to see their effort. How both Hatton-Northwood and Mayport plays will have a huge effect on the tournament, i think both of those teams are potential scares.
PA42

Postby Hinsa » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Hillsboro 50, Larimore 33

Thompson 61, Griggs CC 40
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:10 pm

Hatton-Northwood 59, MPCG 43

Sets up these games:

CV vs Larimore (loser out)
GCC vs MPCG (loser out)
DP vs Hillsboro (semis)
Thompson vs HN (semis)

Larimore beat CV in regular season
MPCG beat GCC by 11 in regular season
DP beat Hillsboro by 9 in regular season
Thompson and HN split in regular season

Should be a good round of games on Saturday.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby halibut » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:40 pm

Can anyone tell me what happened in the Hillsboro/Larimore game. What is wrong with Larimore lately? Losing by 17 to a team they should def. compete if not beat is terrible.
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys