RT

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: RT

Postby macone » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:27 pm

OK CHEVYMAN11, YOU CAUGHT ME. BUT JUST TO BE A GOOD SPORT, I'LL BET YOU A BEVERAGE OF YOUR CHOICE AGAINST A TEAM YOU PICK FROM REGION # 7. WHEN I SAY OK. YOU SAY OK. OK?
macone

Postby Flyer » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:12 pm

macone wrote:OK, I WAS KIND OF STRINGING YOU GUYS ALONG. I'VE SEEN EVERY GAME "RT" PLAYED THIS YEAR AND I WILL BET ANYONE, THEY WILL NOT LOSE MORE THAN 2 GAMES THE REST OF THE YEAR.

They can't lose more than 1 game without there season ending so u are right they will not lost more than 2 it is impossible. Lose 2 in districts you don't advance, season over lose once in districts and once in regionals done also..Nobody in the state can lose two games and be in the state tourney.
Flyer

Postby Hinsa » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:03 pm

letsgosox wrote:
macone wrote:OK, I WAS KIND OF STRINGING YOU GUYS ALONG. I'VE SEEN EVERY GAME "RT" PLAYED THIS YEAR AND I WILL BET ANYONE, THEY WILL NOT LOSE MORE THAN 2 GAMES THE REST OF THE YEAR.

how much you want to make this bet for?

Umm.......Hello......they can't possibly lose more than two games any more. It's tournament time. You lose 2 games and you're out.

Quick mac one - make the bet!!!!!!!!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby just_here2say_1thing » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:16 pm

RT has a better chance of going to state than anyone else in there district...because last time i checked, THEY ARE NUMBER 1 IN THEIR DISTRICT. And if your saying that someone else is going to go to state from the other district then your wrong, District 14 dominates the region 7 tourney every year. Mott can't get by Trinity or hazen or Killdeer, so RT won't have to worry about them, and Bowman has gone down hill since they beat RT in the Roughrider.
just_here2say_1thing

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:33 pm

just_here2say_1thing wrote:RT has a better chance of going to state than anyone else in there district...because last time i checked, THEY ARE NUMBER 1 IN THEIR DISTRICT. And if your saying that someone else is going to go to state from the other district then your wrong, District 14 dominates the region 7 tourney every year. Mott can't get by Trinity or hazen or Killdeer, so RT won't have to worry about them, and Bowman has gone down hill since they beat RT in the Roughrider.

i hope you've noticed who richardton has lost to...bowman (from dist. 13), mott/regent (from dis. 13), heart river (dist. 13 again)...and beach (also of dist. 13)....

ok..so the rich/bowman and rich/mott game was pretty early in the season..but mott/regent can make the same argument. Mott/Killdeer was one of the first games of the year...and mott/hazen was early too (and went to 2OT's).

of course...its a new season now...who knows what things will happen...i just know that richardton going to state wont be one of those things.
Playa_Hata10

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:48 pm

As Project-Pat said earlier...RT is the most overrated team in the state. M/R vs. Hazen would be one great game. 2 OT the first time they met. Of what I think M/R would have the biggest challenge against Trinity. If M/R would happen to meet up with RT, M/R would be the clear winner. And for what Playa_Hata10 said...I gotta agree-they wont be going to state.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby region 2 opinion » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:50 pm

Hinsa wrote:
letsgosox wrote:

how much you want to make this bet for?

Umm.......Hello......they can't possibly lose more than two games any more. It's tournament time. You lose 2 games and you're out.

Quick mac one - make the bet!!!!!!!!

Depending on your district format you could lose 2 games in district play and still finish 4th and go on to regions and win 3 and be in state.
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:03 am

not in this district
letsgosox

Postby Sioux » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:14 am

letsgosox wrote:not in this district

Not in any other district I know of either..If that is the case then it would be a single elimination tourney or a tourney played exactly like the state tourney and I don't think any district plays it that way. As far as I know if a team loses in the semi's they go to the losers bracket and play a team that had lost their first game (quarterfinals) but won their next game. Does any other district do this differently?
Sioux

Postby Hinsa » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:46 am

OK, I'll back off my earlier statement. I forgot about districts where you have a challenge game format. You could finish fourth, which means you have lost 2 games, win a challenge game, and still advance to the regional.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:56 am

Sioux wrote:
letsgosox wrote:not in this district

Not in any other district I know of either..If that is the case then it would be a single elimination tourney or a tourney played exactly like the state tourney and I don't think any district plays it that way. As far as I know if a team loses in the semi's they go to the losers bracket and play a team that had lost their first game (quarterfinals) but won their next game. Does any other district do this differently?

In District 4 you can and District 3 also had that. The four winners would play in Semis, 4 losers of the first day would play in elimination games on day 2, then semis would occur, winner of semis would play in district championship game which would be on a Tuesday, and the two winners of the loser out games would play the losers of the semis on Monday night, the winner of the 2 loser out games would play for third and fourth, with fourth place having two losses.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:32 am

I think all of the districts that follow the double elimination format have cut out that 3rd/4th place game. They just have the regional qualifier games where the winners in the consolation round play the losers of the semifinals with the winners of those games making it to regional. Then they jsut base the 3 and 4 seed from records or which ever was the higher seed in the district.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby just_here2say_1thing » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:02 pm

Lets just wait and see what happens in districts this weekend.
just_here2say_1thing

Previous

Return to Boys