Hoopster Pre-season Top 40

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Hoopster Pre-season Top 40

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:18 pm

1) Enderlin
2) FWM
3) Rugby
4) Grafton
5) Dickinson Trinity
6) Beulah
7) Oakes
8 ) Shiloh Christian
9) Langdon Area/Edmore/Munich
10) Kindred
11) Hatton-Northwood
12) White Shield
13) Linton-HMB
14) HCV
15) EKM
16) Central Cass
17) New Rockford/Sheyenne
18) Bowman County
19)Strasburg/Zeeland
20) Powers Lake
21) New Salem-Almont
22) Oak Grove
23) Drake Anamoose
24) North Border
25) Our Reedemers
26) Garrison
27) North Star
28) Northern Cass
29) Minot Ryan
30) Hazen
31) Ellendale
32) Standing Rock
33) Thompson
34) Velva
35) Lamoure-LM
36) Glen Ullin/Hebron
37) Dunseith
38) Kidder County
39) Divide County
40) Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood

THOUGHTS?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Re: Hoopster Pre-season Top 40

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:34 pm

So therefore, here is the region breakdown of the Top 40

Region 1
1. Enderlin (1)
2. Kindred (10)
3. Central Cass (16)
4. Oak Grove (22)
5. Northern Cass (28)

Region 2
1. Grafton (4)
2. Hatton-Northwood (11)
3. Hillsboro-Central Valley (14)
4. North Border (24)
5. Thompson (33)

Region 3
1. Oakes (7)
2. Linton-HMB (13)
3. Edgeley-Kulm-Montpelier (15)
4. Strasburg/Zeeland (19)
5. Ellendale (31)
6. LaMoure-LM (35)
7. Kidder County (38)

Region 4
1. Four Winds-Minnewuakan (2)
2. Langdon/Edmore/Munich (9)
3. New Rockford-Sheyenne (17)
4. North Star (27)
5. Dunseith (37)

Region 5
1. Shiloh Christian (8)
2. New Salem-Almont (21)
3. Garrison (26)
4. Standing Rock (32)

Region 6
1. Rugby (3)
2. Drake-Anamoose (23)
3. Our Redeemer's (25)
4. Bishop Ryan (29)
5. Velva (34)
6. Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood (40)

Region 7
1. Dickinson Trinity (5)
2. Beulah (6)
3. Bowman County (18)
4. Hazen (30)
5. Glen Ullin-Hebron (36)

Region 8
1. White Shield (12)
2. Powers Lake (20)
3. Divide County (39)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:15 pm

Hard for me to think that Region 3 is the deepest this year when last years Region winner lost to Regions 1s 11 seed. Making a list of 40 is tough tho. Couple teams that seemed ranked high to me are:
Central Cass
Hatton Northwood
New Rockford
North Star
White Shield
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:54 pm

If North Border's core plays well together and they find enough offense to replace Matt Greendahl, they could beat HCV or HN in the region tournament and get to their first Region championship game since they last won it in 2007. This could be a payoff year for the Eagles, who not too long ago had an 0-22 season. They are now back in the mix in Region 2 to be competitive on a night-in, night-out basis.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:57 am

BasketballMind wrote:If North Border's core plays well together and they find enough offense to replace Matt Greendahl, they could beat HCV or HN in the region tournament and get to their first Region championship game since they last won it in 2007. This could be a payoff year for the Eagles, who not too long ago had an 0-22 season. They are now back in the mix in Region 2 to be competitive on a night-in, night-out basis.

I would move them to two with their off-season acquisition, they were top 4 before.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:43 am

packers21 wrote:
BasketballMind wrote:If North Border's core plays well together and they find enough offense to replace Matt Greendahl, they could beat HCV or HN in the region tournament and get to their first Region championship game since they last won it in 2007. This could be a payoff year for the Eagles, who not too long ago had an 0-22 season. They are now back in the mix in Region 2 to be competitive on a night-in, night-out basis.

I would move them to two with their off-season acquisition, they were top 4 before.

Who did NB gain?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:56 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Who did NB gain?

Ayden Stainbrook. EGF
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:02 pm

packers21 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Who did NB gain?

Ayden Stainbrook. EGF

Size/age/experience/ability?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:09 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
packers21 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Who did NB gain?

Ayden Stainbrook. EGF

6'5, Soph, averaged 10 ppg on a good EGF team last season. Google his name and watch his HUDL tape, hes a very good player.
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:24 pm

I would assume that this move would move NB up the region 2 ranks and maybe even into the top 10 for the state. He looks good on film. I know EGF was really solid last year and looks like he played a major role for them as a freshman.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:48 pm

packers21 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
packers21 wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Who did NB gain?

Ayden Stainbrook. EGF

6'5, Soph, averaged 10 ppg on a good EGF team last season. Google his name and watch his HUDL tape, hes a very good player.

I just watched his highlight tape. Wow, he can do a little bit of everything. NB will need time to get him acclimated with his new teammates, but with his versatility I don't think they'll have an issue come tournament time to be a team nobody wants to play. Question is how will handle becoming one of the favorites to win the Region seemingly overnight? When I posted my original comment I was thinking if they put everything together, a possibility was to make noise at the R2 tournament. Now, many are putting them in the 1/2 spot in the region as a favorite almost every night. Aside from Grafton, HN and HCV, they should be the easy favorite to win against any other R2 opponent.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys