Overhyped Teams

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Overhyped Teams

Postby Broncos811 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:05 am

Want to know your guys' thoughts on teams in the polls or RV teams that you just don't think deserve it. Or a team higher in the polls than another that deserves the high spot more.

I've got my opinions on teams like Berthold or Central Cass but I want to hear other's opinions
Broncos811
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Overhyped Teams

Postby fandb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:29 am

I dont think Berthold is overhyped at all. They still have Austin Lee and a good supporting cast. Have not seen them play this year, but they play extremely hard and smart.
fandb
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Broncos811 wrote:Want to know your guys' thoughts on teams in the polls or RV teams that you just don't think deserve it. Or a team higher in the polls than another that deserves the high spot more.

I've got my opinions on teams like Berthold or Central Cass but I want to hear other's opinions

You posted the topic. Please share your thoughts.......
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:01 pm

Remember we are talking about 15-18 year old kids in most cases. Calling them over-hyped might be a little drastic.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Broncos811 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:54 pm

The Schwab wrote:Remember we are talking about 15-18 year old kids in most cases. Calling them over-hyped might be a little drastic.

You may be right there. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I personally wouldn't say overhyped is too drastic. Considering these are the same 15 to 18 year old we vote on and judge all the time, I personally wouldn't say it's too much.

As to people talking about Berthold, there is no doubt they are a competitive team. They're MAYBE the best in their district, though it's really tough to say. Berthold has, with the exception of Dickinson Trinity and maybe Surrey, not played anyone super impressive, so it's hard to make a fair assessment. No doubt Lee can shoot though, fun kid to watch. And boy does that team run.

Thankfully they'll be playing Rugby and Our Redeemer's in the not so distant future. If they can get through with two wins or split them with two close games or whatever I'll sit down. But until then I don't think they deserve the "hype," or to put it nicer, have not proven themselves enough for them to be receiving the poll votes they have.
Broncos811
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NotTheCoach » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:28 am

Regarding Berthold, I think the post above is correct. We will have a much clearer picture a week from now. Berthold has a very tough stretch coming up. They are playing Ryan the 30th, Rugby the 31st and Our Redeemer's Feb.3rd. After the first week in February, we will know a lot more about the competitiveness of the Berthold team. It will be fun to watch.
NotTheCoach
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:49 am

when it comes to the term "overhyped" I would ask who is Hyping them?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Just an observation: Some of these schools have rosters with many bb players who played football. They probably play some bb during football season, but not a lot and/or not organized. It takes time to get their bodies back in bb condition as well as gelling. The teams I have watched with fewer or no football players seemed to take off much faster in the beginning of the season. Guessing the teams with fewer football players were playing quite a bit of bb during football season. Will be interesting to see if these other teams "catch up" as the year goes on.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys