region 5

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: region 5

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:36 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:you were in the locker room after shiloh played their final region game which was the same locker of new salems?

Nope, I was in their the next morning at 6:00.

Are you going to continue avoiding these questions? If so, you obviously have realized that you were making outlandish statements, so my agenda is accomplished.

What makes Kautzman the second best guard in the region? What makes Wolf the best post? Who is more athletic than Jared Miller? Are you avoiding these questions because you now realize how foolish your statements were?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bestinthewest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:04 pm

kautzman is the second best point guard in the region because of his basketball IQ and court awareness. having basketball smarts is just as important as being athletic in basketball. he has been the starting point guard since he was a freshman. experience counts for something too does it not?

wolf is ARGUABLY the best post in the same conversation as the Singers. can either singer handle the ball or shoot 3s as well as Wolf? doubt it. just because he doesnt score 85 points a game and make it to state doesnt mean he doesnt deserve to be in the "arguably best in the region" conversations.0

as for someone more athletic than jared miller, i think i'll take about a quarter of the standing rock team.
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:17 pm

bestinthewest wrote:kautzman is the second best point guard in the region because of his basketball IQ and court awareness. having basketball smarts is just as important as being athletic in basketball. he has been the starting point guard since he was a freshman. experience counts for something too does it not?

wolf is ARGUABLY the best post in the same conversation as the Singers. can either singer handle the ball or shoot 3s as well as Wolf? doubt it. just because he doesnt score 85 points a game and make it to state doesnt mean he doesnt deserve to be in the "arguably best in the region" conversations.0

as for someone more athletic than jared miller, i think i'll take about a quarter of the standing rock team.

Kautzman is not better than Bohl, Friesen, or Christian Iron Shield. No, it really isn't. Experience does count, however, Bohl, Iron Shield, Dwyer, and others were all starting during Kautzman's freshman year, so he really doesn't have any more experience than any of them.

How is Wolf in conversation with the Singers? I don't understand this at all. I haven't seen Grant play enough to tell you, however, I'm looking at Trevor Singer's stats from his P.I.G. 48.5% from 2, 40.2% from 3, 65.7% from the line. So, yes, I would say he can shoot threes as good as Wolf can. You are correct, just because he doesn't score 85 points a game and make it to state doesn't mean he shouldn't be mentioned as arguably the best post in Region 5, he shouldn't be mentioned, simply because he isn't arguably the best post in Region 5.

Name 1. I want to see someone find another player with a 40ish inch vertical who is quick and fast. It doesn't happen much in North Dakota.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:28 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:nope, because you will continue to state things and then respond with "i did not say that." My arguments are simple. I'll try to dumb it down to your level.

You make comments that are suppose to be taken as FACT, when they are opinions(as well as my statements). You talk up these players as being the gods of region five when in FACT they lost to new salem 2 out of 3 times. Let me repeat myself TLM has NEVER been a part of my conversation other than given them the early nod as favorites and the FACT Malzer is the man. You brought up things that shiloh did 2 or 3 years ago that makes them the gods of basketball and that jumping ability makes you the most athletic bb player. I brought up things that new salem did last year against shiloh and you then say that doesn't matter(or basically completely ignore that fact). I comment on how silly your statement about jumping is, and you change it to being quick? Then you tell me the players I named were not guards. You can blab all you want about the gods of shiloh, but the fact remains the same, they did not go to state last year(did they even win the district?) and they did not play for the region title. The fact that you want to disregard these players and team who beat these gods of basketball two out of three times, and then say these players wouldn't play for that team they already beat 67% of the time last year, is quite frankly classless. Last thing you will see me do is trash a team who were the victors. Do you see how dumb you are now? Why don't you just go and say Mandan Braves girls bb has nobody good enough to start for any other team in n.d.? Or is it that they can't jump as high? Oh no wait a minute, they're not quick enough. No wait, see 3 years ago now, err...no wait......I have to refrain somewhat...I rechecked and noticed you quoted someone else's comment about most athletic.....dang..the arguments were getting pretty fun. I believe the "big ticket" needs to now jump into this.

You are trying to "dumb it down to my level?" Funny and ironic. Chance of your I.Q. being higher than mine is almost 0%.

I will go one bolded statement at a time. I have never said Shiloh is the best team in this region, I actually have maintained that TL-M will win it the entire time.

I said, jumping is usually what people look at when viewing athleticism. That and quickness. You can look at my original post if you would like to.

I do ignore that fact, I don't really care what New Salem did against Shiloh. Shiloh is a very beatable team when their two tallest players don't play more than 5 minutes in the first half. Like I have said, I have played against Shiloh, and I have played against New Salem, I think the players from Shiloh are better. I'm not arguing about who would beat who, I'm talking about your statements made about Kautzman and Wolf.

The players you named were not guards. I don't see what the problem is here.

Again, in my original statement, I mention both jumping and quickness.

I said, Kautzman would not start, and that Wolf probably would because he is so strong. Again, you are putting words in my mouth.

No, I really don't think I am dumb, if I was, I wouldn't be in the position that I am now.

Aleshia Marie Collins has numerous Division 1 offers from a multitude of conferences all across the country. It really can be called a fact that she would start for any team in the state.

Ask the Big Ticket who is better. I think I have a good idea of what he will say. Oh, out of curiousity, who is a better guard, the Big Ticket, or Kautzman?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bestinthewest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm

balla45 wrote:
bestinthewest wrote:kautzman is the second best point guard in the region because of his basketball IQ and court awareness. having basketball smarts is just as important as being athletic in basketball. he has been the starting point guard since he was a freshman. experience counts for something too does it not?

Kautzman is not better than Bohl, Friesen, or Christian Iron Shield. No, it really isn't. Experience does count, however, Bohl, Iron Shield, Dwyer, and others were all starting during Kautzman's freshman year, so he really doesn't have any more experience than any of them.

How is Wolf in conversation with the Singers? I don't understand this at all. I haven't seen Grant play enough to tell you, however, I'm looking at Trevor Singer's stats from his P.I.G. 48.5% from 2, 40.2% from 3, 65.7% from the line. So, yes, I would say he can shoot threes as good as Wolf can. You are correct, just because he doesn't score 85 points a game and make it to state doesn't mean he shouldn't be mentioned as arguably the best post in Region 5, he shouldn't be mentioned, simply because he isn't arguably the best post in Region 5.

Name 1. I want to see someone find another player with a 40ish inch vertical who is quick and fast. It doesn't happen much in North Dakota.

there you go again with the vertical thing! just because you can't jump 40 inches in the air doesnt mean your not athletic!
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:32 pm

bestinthewest wrote:
balla45 wrote:

there you go again with the vertical thing! just because you can't jump 40 inches in the air doesnt mean your not athletic! JESUS CHRIST!

You are confused. I am not saying that having an average vertical means you are not athletic. I AM SAYING THAT HAVING A 40 INCH VERTICAL MAKES SOMEONE A GREAT ATHLETE.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:03 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I could almost touch the top of the white square at 6'0 and a teammate of mine could who was 5'11 at the time. heck, he could two hand reverse dunk without taking a step. Didn't make you top in the region for basketball that's for dang sure. Floor leader, shooter, ball handler, court sense, rebounder, assists to name a few characteristics that made you all region. Man, I have to check, or maybe you know, who holds the record for best vertical jump? Can't seem to find that in the selection criteria? Maybe nowdays it's a big thing, but wasn't uncommon years ago. I do agree with your last statement, they start high jump nowdays at 5'2.

Again, the only thing I said involving Region 5 and a vertical leap is this: Jared Miller is the best athlete in Region 5 because he has a 40ish inch vertical. I am excluding Malzer's near 40 inch vertical, just because the conversation has been dominated by New Salem and Shiloh.

Example, my brother had a 40 inch vertical and know what people called him, "a great athlete" not a great basketball player. I'm not saying Miller is or is not a great basketball player, but the athleticism point should make more sense now.

Selection criteria is purely subjective, I have been part of the "media voters" and I got to vote for whoever I felt like. If I wanted to vote a player in because he had a good dunk, I could do that.

Edit. I didn't vote for the All District or All Region Team, I was voting for an All Tournament Team.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jwall512 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:20 pm

OK I am sick and tired of hearing about a 40ish vertical Just because you can jump high DOES NOT make u athletic. you have no idea how rediculous u sound
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jwall512 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:25 pm

As far as kautzman not starting on shilohs team and wolf only playing because he is so strong, that doesnt even matter, bottom line new salem beat shiloh last yearwhen it counts the most and that is all that really matters and i think that that just means new salem plays more team ball then shiloh does.

In the big games new salem came threw and shiloh didnt, shiloh went home new salem kept playing and a lot of people forget how close of a game the TL-M New Salem championship was new salem was only down by 6 at the end of the third quarter before running out of gas late.

Excited to see how the season plays out
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:51 pm

Jwall512 wrote:OK I am sick and tired of hearing about a 40ish vertical Just because you can jump high DOES NOT make u athletic. you have no idea how rediculous u sound

Yes, it actually does. Name one person with a 40 inch vertical who isn't athletic. Actually, this should be fun. What makes a person athletic on the basketball court? I really can't wait to hear this answer. I'm sure it will be "ridiculous."

You shouldn't use the word ridiculous, if you can't spell it, you probably don't know what it means.
Last edited by balla45 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:54 pm

Jwall512 wrote:As far as kautzman not starting on shilohs team and wolf only playing because he is so strong, that doesnt even matter, bottom line new salem beat shiloh last yearwhen it counts the most and that is all that really matters and i think that that just means new salem plays more team ball then shiloh does.

In the big games new salem came threw and shiloh didnt, shiloh went home new salem kept playing and a lot of people forget how close of a game the TL-M New Salem championship was new salem was only down by 6 at the end of the third quarter before running out of gas late.

Excited to see how the season plays out

Bottom line, I have yet to debate who has a better team. I wouldn't have cared about this topic, then Kautzman was named as "arguably the best guard in the region" and Wolf as "arguably the best post in the region." Wolf was also named "arguably the 2nd best player in the region" in a different topic.

In the "big game" New Salem obviously didn't come through, you just said that they lost in the Championship game to TL-M. Also, a team with the "best" guard and the "best post" should have had no trouble beating TL-M. Wait, TL-M has the best guard and the best post, and that is why they won. Does that make sense?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:07 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:my response to best this and that were counters to the shiloh gods being held so high on a pedestal. But regardless, everybody has their right to voice their opinion. TLM will be tough, they were tough last year, nobody was saying anything about them. They earned everybody's respect. But there were some pretty brash comments about new salem players not being of the high god caliber quality like shiloh. I believe you were one of them not?

2 things.

1. Yes, I was one of those people, and I will stand by what I typed. I have played against both teams, Shiloh more times, but both teams none the less. The players from Shiloh are better than the players from New Salem.

2. You have to decide whether or not you are going to run with me. If you are going to say, "I think we need to put this to rest and let it play out. Then we can resume our discussion in March.," and then come back the next morning and start again. Either you are in or you are out. If you are in, who is better, the Big Ticket or Kautzman? Why would you ever compare New Salem Boys Basketball to Mandan Girls Basketball? Are you also trying to say that Wolf or Kautzman are on the level of Ali Collins?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby eastwood99 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:41 pm

OUCH! :lol:
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:16 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:nope just trying for you to understand that saying shiloh players are better than new salem when they were beat by new salem two out of three times is a dumb statement. You are dumb. Still entitled to your opinions, but your opinions are backed up with dumb comments(look at me I can jump high so I am the most athletic basketball god alive!!) I did not mention alli collins ever now did I? I think you must have been the inspiration for the movie Waterboy, derrrr I got a wooden spoon...derrrrr

I have played New Salem. I have played Shiloh. Shiloh has better players than New Salem.

Is your I.Q. higher than mine? If it isn't, and I am dumb, you must be a complete idiot. And again, your I.Q. has about a 0% chance of being higher than mine.

You have yet to explain what makes a basketball player athletic. I said jumping and quickness do, and instead of you disagreeing and giving a reason why I am wrong, you just say that I am wrong, but give no basis for your statement.

You actually compared my comments about New Salem to Mandan Girls Basketball, and Ali Collins plays on Mandan Girls Basketball, so yes, you did.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Cool down folks. We're starting in with the name calling and this is forbidden.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:43 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:your statement saying shiloh is better than new salem is just like saying mandan girls wouldn't play for another team even though the've beat every team. Yeah it's like saying alli collins wouldn't play for another Bismarck even though mandan beat bismarck. There are enough people who have already said they are tired of your 'jumping high and being quick" is athletic statement. Remind you, that you didn't say ANYTHING else concerning most athletic other than jumping and quickness.

Again if you want you can still say shiloh is better even after getting beat twice and then get confused on comparing that scenario with mandan vs other teams. Must be that supreme IQ(derr..wooden spoon..derrr)

No, it really isn't like that at all. Aleshia Marie Collins has been offered numerous Division 1 scholarships. No player from New Salem has or will. Mandan has won state the last 6 years, I don't believe New Salem has ever gone to state. See, the scenarios are really quite different.

Maybe this will help you, New Salem, last year, was a better team. Shiloh, this year, has better players. I have yet to talk about teams. The difference can be shown like this. New Salem has maybe one player who would get decent minutes on a decent Class A team, while Shiloh has three or four.

If enough people is two, then you are correct. So, enlighten me, what makes a basketball player athletic?

The reason you should not compare New Salem and Mandan Girls: Mandan girls dominate every single year, New Salem has not dominated. It is a rather large insult to compare a team that has never won state, let alone been to state, to a team that has dominated this entire decade, and has turned out multiple D-1 players.

Who is better, Big Ticket or Kautzman? If you say Kautzman, you might as well never make a post again, as everyone on this site will see how truly foolish you actually are.
Last edited by balla45 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Hinsa wrote:Cool down folks. We're starting in with the name calling and this is forbidden.

Not name calling, just a statement. I said he was an idiot, or "an utterly foolish or senseless person," because he said I was dumb. Saying a person with an I.Q. well over 125 is dumb, is foolish. I believe the word idiot described bigpoppakdog perfectly.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:48 pm

Whataver you want to call it, both of you stop it. I'm not taking sides here, just telling you both to knock it off. When it breaks down to calling each other idiot and dumb, it's time to let it go for a while.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:51 pm

Hinsa wrote:Whataver you want to call it, both of you stop it. I'm not taking sides here, just telling you both to knock it off. When it breaks down to calling each other idiot and dumb, it's time to let it go for a while.

It is almost impossible. This guy says he wants to wait for the season, yet he is back at 8:41. And I take a personal insult when players from New Salem are compared to Aleshia Marie Collins. That is a joke.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:57 pm

A truly honest opinion, I would take Ali Collins's 8th grade brother over Kautzman. Does this make me stupid?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Well, would you look at that, the Hoopster backs up what I am saying to an extent also. I'm still taking TL-M, but notice who isn't representing Region 5? I think you can figure out. http://www.ndhoopster.com/boys-classB-p ... -picks.htm

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:26 pm

No doubt New Salem is going to be a solid team they do have 2 quality players but shiloh just has more at each position on about 85% of class b teams each team puts out at least one dud on the floor at one time. Shiloh doesn't do this while New Salem does(I won't call anyone out). No one is putting Shiloh up as gods which I don't know if your trying to be funny because their a christian school or your just being plain silly and you think its a good slur(it's kinda funny your that ignorant). Region 5 has been a toss up in recent years and I really see no other reason why this season is different.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:23 am

dumb, idiot, ignorant...enough is enough. Topic locked and I'll start a new one for a fresh start.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys