Minot State Team Camp

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Minot State Team Camp

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Just Wondering how it ended up.. what teams were a suprise, and what players looked dominate?
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Minot State Team Camp

Postby stoaxc2004 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:54 pm

Well I heard through the grapevine that Fargo Oak Grove won it all!!
stoaxc2004

Postby ballernation » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:04 pm

stoaxc2004 wrote:Well I heard through the grapevine that Fargo Oak Grove won it all!!

im pretty sure four winds won it
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby stoaxc2004 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:32 pm

ballernation wrote:
stoaxc2004 wrote:Well I heard through the grapevine that Fargo Oak Grove won it all!!

im pretty sure four winds won it

All I know is OG was at a camp in Minot during that time and they won! Now if there were 2 different divisions than I can understand our differences!!
stoaxc2004

Postby stoaxc2004 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:26 pm

I was just told that OG beat Four Winds in overtime at the camp to win it all!!
stoaxc2004

Postby ballernation » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:14 am

stoaxc2004 wrote:I was just told that OG beat Four Winds in overtime at the camp to win it all!!

wow they must have had a big comebACK cus wen i saw thes scoreboard they were down big
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby stoaxc2004 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:06 am

Hey...its only what I heard! I will talk to the coach early next week so I will find out for sure!!
stoaxc2004

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:23 pm

ballernation wrote:
stoaxc2004 wrote:I was just told that OG beat Four Winds in overtime at the camp to win it all!!

wow they must have had a big comebACK cus wen i saw thes scoreboard they were down big

Yes, FW was up by 14 in the first half but blew the lead and ended up losing in OT. Good game. OG looks like they'll have a good team this year.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby stoaxc2004 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:28 pm

By the way, that wasn't even the whole OG team...they were missing some key players!
stoaxc2004

Postby digger » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:32 am

I was in Minot for the state fair and stopped up at the dome Sunday afternoon to see some teams I don't normally get to see:
Oak Grove topped Four Winds in overtime in the championship game. Four Winds was up by double digits until about the 6 minute mark, Oak Grove made a run, some Four Winds turnovers... Both teams looked good for summer camp ball. Not sure if either team had their full squad there. I saw both teams play two games; I expected Four Winds to look good, they did. Their guards (Dauphinais/Lovejoy?) penetrated and shot from outside well, really nice players. They move the ball really well, good spacing on offense, seem like a deep team, every kid who got on the court knew what he was doing. They rebounded well for their size. Oak Grove surprised me abit. I saw them a handful of times last year, they were a decent team, pretty inconsistent. I figured Olson would be good; he is. A tough matchup with size and versatility, scored 7 straight at the 6 minute mark to cut the lead to 4 or 5. Vandervort played well in the middle, their young guys (3 or 4 sophmores) played really well and hit some tough shots late. I'm sure Four Winds will be a top team, looks like Oak Grove will have a good season as well.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys