Region 4 Next Season

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 4 Next Season

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon May 26, 2008 1:30 am

they got any talent for teams next year?
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Re: Region 4 Next Season

Postby hawk41 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:20 pm

No!
hawk41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue May 27, 2008 2:56 pm

hawk41 wrote:No!

No? i was mabey thinking,4 winds,North Star,St.John,Warwick might have potential,an Carrington??disagee??
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Tue May 27, 2008 9:26 pm

FW should be top 3 in the first poll. Warwick, SJ and NS will have talent and make a run at FW. IMHO, its FW's to lose.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:08 am

nativegolfer wrote:FW should be top 3 in the first poll. If they aren't then the writers who vote are can't tell thier a$$ from a hole in the ground. Warwick, SJ and NS will have talent and make a run at FW. IMHO, its FW's to lose.

What about Carrington? dont you have comments on them they lost one guy!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Wed May 28, 2008 9:28 am

nativegolfer wrote:FW should be top 3 in the first poll. If they aren't then the writers who vote are can't tell thier a$$ from a hole in the ground. Warwick, SJ and NS will have talent and make a run at FW. IMHO, its FW's to lose.

I will give them a vote for top 3 in region 4 but not in a state poll. Region 4 has been down the past few years and that allowed Four Winds to accomplish what they did. Now region 4 is coming back up and Four Winds will not have the success they have had. We can only wait and see.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Wed May 28, 2008 11:28 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:

What about Carrington? dont you have comments on them they lost one guy!

Thye lost one guy from a pretty average team. They have Barton but he will be a none factor when they play FW because he can't keep up when the game gets fast. Don't people know by now that height is not a prob for FW? The only big guy that has given FW fits the past three years is Shockman,and there are no big men of his caliber in region 4.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Wed May 28, 2008 11:34 am

GoodO'LBoy wrote:

I will give them a vote for top 3 in region 4 but not in a state poll. Region 4 has been down the past few years and that allowed Four Winds to accomplish what they did. Now region 4 is coming back up and Four Winds will not have the success they have had. We can only wait and see.

Did you watch the state tourney last year? We have 7 guys comin back with state tourney experience. No team in the state can match up with Ollie D., and mark my words; Chuck LJ is goin to bust out this year. His all around game reminds me of Sean Gourd. Look for Darl Threeirons, Joe Green and a Freshman, Chris Cook to get alot of PT this year. Chris is Zach A's little bro and he's very talented. Peace!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Wed May 28, 2008 4:01 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
GoodO'LBoy wrote:

Did you watch the state tourney last year? We have 7 guys comin back with state tourney experience. No team in the state can match up with Ollie D., and mark my words; Chuck LJ is goin to bust out this year. His all around game reminds me of Sean Gourd. Look for Darl Threeirons, Joe Green and a Freshman, Chris Cook to get alot of PT this year. Chris is Zach A's little bro and he's very talented. Peace!

I did watch. The bench was not deep at all. So the 7 you claim that are coming back, the "experience" is probably a far stretch. And what I seen was a whole lot of rec ball being played. A lot of reaching and standing around the three point line. Chuck Lovejoy playing the point???? I seen him bringing up the ball a lot. Meet up with a team that can put some pressure on him and Ollie D will not be a factor because he will have to bring the ball up. "Mark my words".?.? Get over yourself.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Wed May 28, 2008 5:35 pm

GoodO'LBoy wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
GoodO'LBoy wrote:

I did watch. The bench was not deep at all. So the 7 you claim that are coming back, the "experience" is probably a far stretch. And what I seen was a whole lot of rec ball being played. A lot of reaching and standing around the three point line. Chuck Lovejoy playing the point???? I seen him bringing up the ball a lot. Meet up with a team that can put some pressure on him and Ollie D will not be a factor because he will have to bring the ball up. "Mark my words".?.? Get over yourself.

Well they reached and stood around good enough to make it to the state tourney while your team sat at home and ate donuts and wished they could be there. Hahaha, your a funny guy! Keep it up. Yeah and I know, its fans like me who make you all hate FW, blah, blah, blah. Been there done that. Peace.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:09 am

GoodO'LBoy wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
GoodO'LBoy wrote:

Agree!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Thu May 29, 2008 8:32 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
GoodO'LBoy wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
GoodO'LBoy wrote:

Agree!!

Ollie, Joran, Demery, Wambli, Travis L and Chuck LJ all played big minutes at state. Scott Bull played big minutes in the regular season but missed the postseason so I was off a bit. And we don't meet up with teams who play pressure defense because that would be stupid of them. The only teams who I recall wanted to run with us is Dakota Prairie and they got blown out 105-79.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Thu May 29, 2008 8:48 am

Ollie, Joran, Demery, Wambli, Travis L and Chuck LJ all played big minutes at state. Scott Bull played big minutes in the regular season but missed the postseason so I was off a bit. And we don't meet up with teams who play pressure defense because that would be stupid of them. The only teams who I recall wanted to run with us is Dakota Prairie and they got blown out 105-79.

OK Lonas. Since when is playing pressure defense the same as wanting to run? I hope you are happy keeping stats for FW and have no desire to coach. And since we are talking about running with four winds, didn't Standing Rock run with you and WIN. And they were barely above .500. But they came from the a tougher region. So like I said before, FW has had a lot of the success they had because their region has been down.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:35 pm

GoodO'LBoy wrote:

OK Lonas. Since when is playing pressure defense the same as wanting to run? I hope you are happy keeping stats for FW and have no desire to coach. And since we are talking about running with four winds, didn't Standing Rock run with you and WIN. And they were barely above .500. But they came from the a tougher region. So like I said before, FW has had a lot of the success they had because their region has been down.

HAHA I hear ya
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Thu May 29, 2008 6:19 pm

GoodO'LBoy wrote:

If your suggesting all a team needs to do to beat FW is pressure them then why don't more teams do it? And SR did run with us and needed a 40 footer at the buzzer to beat us. Lonas, whats up with that?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby brockstar41 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:21 am

He's also forgetting Grant Lindahl. No guy from Four WInds will be able to guard him, so there is a dominant big man in region 4. You also have to put Barton up there.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:10 pm

brockstar41 wrote:He's also forgetting Grant Lindahl. No guy from Four WInds will be able to guard him, so there is a dominant big man in region 4. You also have to put Barton up there.

Who you think some gaurds are that will stick out in the region BS41
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Fri May 30, 2008 9:51 pm

brockstar41 wrote:He's also forgetting Grant Lindahl. No guy from Four WInds will be able to guard him, so there is a dominant big man in region 4. You also have to put Barton up there.

You'll have to refresh my memory on what he's done to be a "dominant big man".
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby armedndangerous » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:55 pm

While 4 Winds is the favorite (so tough to beat in DL) They are in no way a lock in my mind

Contenders
SJ
North Star
Warwick

Sleepers but could be really good
Carrington
NR-S
Langdon
Lakota
Munich-Starweather

It wouldnt surprise me at all to see any of these teams in the State tourney next year. Overall I think the talent level of Region 4 is much much higher than it was last season.

Also I think NR-S and Lakota both Ran at 4 winds with pretty good success

NR-S got a W
Lakota lost by 2 on a buzzer beater
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby B_Baller » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:26 am

nativegolfer wrote:

umm yeah! This guy is from where?!?!

Why is he so "dominant"?

NO one could guard him from FW huh, thats a good one!!!
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan10 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:17 pm

i have four points to make here

1) don't put FW in the region title game just yet. remember they got beat by nr-s TWICE. once at home, and once in the district 7 championship, two places where many people call them clutch. FW should be top 2 in district 7, but just because they went to state last year, i wouldn't put them in there.

2) carrington is being overrated for the 2nd straight year. why? i think its because people think to highly of coach munson. he is a good coach, but he played his freshman boy chase WAY too much. chase should have started JV, not varsity. Chase is a good outside threat and rebounder, but only when he's playing kids his age or a year older. barton is a young great player after seeing him play 7 or 8 times last year. but even if he breaks out and chase comes back to a better season (the only he got 9 and 6 is because he was in there too much) they still are only a two-trick pony.

3) why aren't we talking about nr-s? i've only seen 2 mentions in this thread about them. i had the great opportunity to watch a lot of there games and these guys can PLAY. sure they lost deep threat nicolai and inside presense ystaas and garbage man husk allmaras, but they have replacements there. jacob langley, already a bruce bowen like defender, will launch three's with deadly accuracy (evan guler and brett allmaras can also hit a 3). nate messner is working hard to become a better big body down low and he already has better moves that ystaas. messner and nate omoth can also be garbage men and pick up blocks and boards. these guys run with the best of them (FW) and will not quit. ivan hirst will not let them. i'm looking forward to another season watching these guys.

4) i'll have my eye on st. john, north star, and langdon in district 8. with minnewaulken-leeds and munich-starkweather losing a bunch of key players, i think that north star will join SJ and Landgon in the region 4 tourney. the 4th team is up in the air. but i'll admit i don't know as much about district 8 as i do district 7. so ur guess is better than mine.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:33 am

B_Baller wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

umm yeah! This guy is from where?!?!

Why is he so "dominant"?

NO one could guard him from FW huh, thats a good one!!!

Dominant is probably not the best word to describe this kid. Although he does possess a lot of potential, he was a 6'4 freshman last year with a variety of skills. He could post up decently well and he could step out and hit the three. I think by the time he is done growing he should be at least 6'10, maybe even bigger. Because he is sort of a late bloomer. He is going pose some problems for Four Winds in the near future just as his older brothers have done in the past.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:45 pm

FW's, Warwick, NRS, Carrington will all contend. FW's has to be the favorite, at least until someone beats them in the region. NRS didn't show up to play in the regional last year. They'll contend this year.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys