Coaching Changes in Class B Boys Basketball for Next Year?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Coaching Changes in Class B Boys Basketball for Next Year?

Postby ND_Coach » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:05 pm

cubsfan wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:Waloch resigned at North Sargent

I might be wrong but didn't Waloch's son graduate this year? That could of possibly affected his decision.

yes, his son Taylor graduates in a few weeks
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MT_20 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:45 am

I heard Shane Robinson is applying for a teaching job in cavalier and the head coaching job??? is this a rumor?
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:36 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if he did, he's a Cavalier graduate and M-M's program seems to be ready for a steady decline.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:01 pm

Now that coach Winczeski from Dickinson High is leaving for Minot, rumor has it Danny Glasser from Richardton/Taylor will be taking the Dickinson High job. Where does that leave R/T?
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ABCD » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:22 pm

tellmeaboutit wrote:Now that coach Winczeski from Dickinson High is leaving for Minot, rumor has it Danny Glasser from Richardton/Taylor will be taking the Dickinson High job. Where does that leave R/T?

Don't you think they would open it up..They are going to have to find a teacher also--Does Glasser teach? If so is he social studies??
ABCD
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chevyman11 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:40 pm

Yes he does teach but I'm not exactly sure what subject. For some reason I think its either science or history but I'm not sure.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:21 pm

ABCD wrote:
tellmeaboutit wrote:Now that coach Winczeski from Dickinson High is leaving for Minot, rumor has it Danny Glasser from Richardton/Taylor will be taking the Dickinson High job. Where does that leave R/T?

Don't you think they would open it up..They are going to have to find a teacher also--Does Glasser teach? If so is he social studies??

Glasser is a Science Teacher. Sounds like he has some connections at Dickinson High. His Dad is a Math/PE teacher there.

He's done a heck of a job with the R/T boys, but I wonder if DHS would be too big a jump for him. He is awefully young afterall.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:41 pm

Glasser would also consider the Mandan job. He has around seven or eight years experience between the girls and boys teams he's coached...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoops247 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:19 am

Jeremy Brandt is leaving Bottineau and will be the new head boys basketball coach in Beulah.

http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/cont ... l?nav=5016
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby hawk41 » Sat May 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Any other coaching changes in Western North Dakota?
hawk41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sat May 03, 2008 5:21 pm

hoops247 wrote:Jeremy Brandt is leaving Bottineau and will be the new head boys basketball coach in Beulah.

Wow, quite an article in Minot Daily News. Can anyone fill me in on what happened between Brandt and Roemmich that drew those comments from Brandt?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketballer » Sat May 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
hoops247 wrote:Jeremy Brandt is leaving Bottineau and will be the new head boys basketball coach in Beulah.

Wow, quite an article in Minot Daily News. Can anyone fill me in on what happened between Brandt and Roemmich that drew those comments from Brandt?

One issue I have heard of was that the younger Roemmich was playing more than the older one, or something like that.
basketballer

Postby hoops247 » Sat May 03, 2008 10:24 pm

There have been several issues that I have heard about -

A couple of years ago when the two younger Roemmich boys were in JH they showed up for the first day of HS practice (uninvited) and what to "tryout" for the HS team. They were told that JH players were not being moved up or trying out for the HS team. They then did NOT even go out for the JH team that year.

Last year (06-07) season at about mid-season one the the Roemmich's who had been the starting point guard was told on a Friday at practice that he would not be starting the next night. He had been struggling a little and the coach thought maybe he might try bringing him off the bench. The next night none of the Roemich's showed up and they did play the remainder of the season.

This year they never came out at all.

This situation has now had an impact on their track season. Several other student/athletes did not come out for track since the Roemmich's were going to be out and they felt like they and quit on them in basketball they would return the favor in track. Some of these athletes had even been state qualifiers last year.
hoops247
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sun May 04, 2008 9:00 am

There's nothing worse than dealing with "me" athletes as opposed to "we" athletes....I'm speaking from experience. It sounds as though Coach Brandt made the right decision to go to Beulah.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Mon May 05, 2008 12:21 pm

The Roemmich situation is not the kids' fault. It all falls to the Dad. I cannot believe the decisions he has made over the last several years while his kids have been in school. He's the principal for crying out loud, and he's setting a very strange example for the kids and parents in that school district.

Who is Mr. Roemmich punishing by keeping his kids out of basketball? Certainly not the coach, and certainly not himself. The only ones ending up punished in this situation are his kids that ended up not playing basketball!!!

Best wishes to Coach Brandt on his fresh start at Beulah!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon May 05, 2008 2:45 pm

Just another parent getting to involved.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shooter » Tue May 06, 2008 9:42 am

99% of the time, the parents are the problem. My brother is a teacher, and he says that about kids all the time. He says it's hard to blame the kids when their parents are the main reason they are like that. Those kids are going to have a long life ahead of them if that is the way they have been taught to deal with adversity.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue May 06, 2008 10:08 am

I couldn't agree more!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Wed May 07, 2008 5:07 pm

is it true that Butterfield from Mott is going to coach the Hettinger girls' next year? and what's the news on R/T's Glasser?
project-pat

Postby score1234 » Sat May 10, 2008 5:50 pm

project-pat wrote:is it true that Butterfield from Mott is going to coach the Hettinger girls' next year? and what's the news on R/T's Glasser?

yea, butterfield has left the helm at mott/regent. it was a family decision. no clue who is gonna replace him. i've heard rumors around my area that maybe honeyman may come back.
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mustangs » Tue May 20, 2008 10:00 pm

MT_20 wrote:I heard Shane Robinson is applying for a teaching job in cavalier and the head coaching job??? is this a rumor?

This is a Rumor!
Mustangs
NDPreps Rookie

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:23 pm

shooter wrote:99% of the time, the parents are the problem. My brother is a teacher, and he says that about kids all the time. He says it's hard to blame the kids when their parents are the main reason they are like that. Those kids are going to have a long life ahead of them if that is the way they have been taught to deal with adversity.

Parents that get as involved as Mr. Roemmich reportedly has been with their kids sports careers ruin the experience for them rather than enhance it. Let's face facts, kids from North Dakota aren't going any further in basketball then colleges at the UND/NDSU level if they go that far. This isn't professional sports when you can "hold-out" and get what you want in the end. Coaches are supposed to do the best job they can do with what they have in front of them. If a parent thinks his kid is that good that good he should be playing in Junior High on the varsity you're putting unfair pressure on them and just building their ego. It's up to the coach as to who is ready to play on the varsity and if they are going to be going down to the junior high level to find players. I don't agree with putting a kid on varsity from Junior High unless he's going to be a game changer. If he just blends in and doesn't make an impact then leave him in Junior High or try him on B squad. The following year one of them is playing varsity and struggles during the year. I don't know if I'd say "Well obviously he wasn't good enough" because he's struggling but he had been sitting around for a whole year with everyone knowing he thinks he should be playing varsity due to his fathers influence. He would've been 14/15 years old during the season in which he played and that is way too much pressure to put on a kid for High School Sports. I bet had those two kids not been having their egos built up for however long and just stayed in Junior High and played varsity when they got to high school they'd be doing much better.

As Will Smith said "Parents Just Don't Understand."
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby stoaxc2004 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Fargo Oak Grove coach Steve Carnal retired from coaching and the job was handed over to the Assistant coach Kyle Card!
stoaxc2004

Previous

Return to Boys