Region 5 next year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 5 next year

Postby basketballer » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:17 pm

underdog wrote:Two great games does not an all-stater make. Cameron has had many a great game. People seem to forget he's been starting since he was a Freshman. He has a chance to go over 2000 points for his career. There is only about twenty players in the history of Class B that have EVER done that. He is more than just a "media darling" Standing Rock might be good next year, but they WILL NOT dominate Region 5. T.L. might have a trick or two up their sleeve.

Just hate how people say TLM is going to make it because they return Malzer and SInger when they have only seen 3 of their games. They are good period. But are they "amazing" Malzer still has to prove it for another year and Singer 2.
basketballer

Postby The Schwab » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:24 pm

we may have only seen 3 games, but we can read box scores, see scores, hear others opinions of their team.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby 2EASY » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:31 pm

Its funny because i have seen malzer play many times and he is one of those guys that never really shows how great he can be. I have seen him score 20 or more points in a half and even a couple times in a quarter but the next half he would completely stop shooting because he doesnt have to. This year there will be closer games and I could see him putting up huge numbers. I think what determines TL will be how hard there other players work on the offseason.
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby underdog » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:35 am

basketballer, I never said T.L.-M. was going to make it back to the state tourney, my arguement is that Standing Rock will not "DOMINATE" Region 5.

And as far as Malzer goes, he has nothing to prove. He's already shown what he can do. I can't believe there are still people that doubt his ability just because they only seen him play three games at state. I think he's between 1300 and 1400 points for his career, with a year to go. He's been a stud for three years. He's a first team all-stater and if he stays healthy, he will average close to 30ppg next year and be a Mr. Basketball candidate.
underdog
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:35 pm

from what i've seen from this region, Shiloh and New Salem will be as tough as anybody. Standing Rock will not dominate. But the Rock is always a dark horse because you never know what you are going to get year to year. Only thing that other teams have going for them is that quite a few athletes do not like who is running the show at the Rock and will go play someplace else. Shiloh is not gaining sudden transfers like they use to either. New Salem has a solid 5 next year but absolutely no bench play. This year they had one who could fill in, now he will be a starter. That could cause them problems at the end of the year again.

TLM-Shiloh-New Salem put em in whatever order you want because I think it will be a crap shoot.
bigpoppakdog

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:56 am

Only thing that other teams have going for them is that quite a few athletes do not like who is running the show at the Rock and will go play someplace else.

This does not make any sense. Please clarify post.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:29 pm

the rock hasn't had the caliber of players lately, playing someplace else like south dakota.
bigpoppakdog

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:50 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:the rock hasn't had the caliber of players lately, playing someplace else like south dakota.

You are still not making any sense. Break it down. Did they have some players transfer? What was different this year from past years?
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys