Dickinson Trinity loses in Regionals

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Dickinson Trinity loses in Regionals

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:14 pm

Thought this was quite a surprise when I read the paper this morning. I don't know what kind of team they had this year but after seeing them win that region championship 7 years in a row it's a bit of a shock to see them get beat that bad in the first round. Is Beach that much better then DT or what happened? (Can't wait for the first person to say "Beach scored more points then Trinity")
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Dickinson Trinity loses in Regionals

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:22 pm

Beach scored more points than DT =)

must of been a big upset
wasnt DT the #1 out of that district
toughregion2

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:25 pm

DT was #1 out of district 14 and beach was #4 out of District 13. From what the radio broadcasters were saying is that none of trinity's shots would fall last night (and if they woulda trinity would have blown beach out). Beach won thats all that matters to me. Anyone know how many Morey had last night?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Beach played well and deserved to win. PERIOD. They put one great game together and simply wanted it more. I think thats where the credit goes. I agree, Trinity shot poor from the field and that was a typical outing for them when they struggled shooting this season. They never did develop an inside game which you need this time of the year to take some pressure off the outside game........... It's kind of remarkable..my youngest is a freshman at Trinity and the last time we didn't go to state was when he was in FIRST GRADE! The Titans have won 8 of the last nine regional titles and guess what, they are an extremely young team that will be back in the hunt for the next two to three years! Good luck to whoever represents the region at state, we'll be supporting you.... :)
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:39 pm

IMO Trinity also overlooked Beach...
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:52 pm

They didn't overlook Beach because they beat the buc's by only four points earlier in the year. That was also a game they maybe shouldn't have won. So I'm confident they take them lightly...I don't know why nobody wants to give Beach credit! They played a great game.
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:59 pm

Trinity has proved that they have a great program and coaching staff. To me the joy of Class B basketball is seeing those teams that haven't been to state in years finally get a chance to make the state tournament. Trinity is always one of the top teams in that region, but it's nice to see some other team get a chance out of that region for once.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby tellmeaboutit » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:15 pm

chevyman11 wrote:DT was #1 out of district 14 and beach was #4 out of District 13. From what the radio broadcasters were saying is that none of trinity's shots would fall last night (and if they woulda trinity would have blown beach out). Beach won thats all that matters to me. Anyone know how many Morey had last night?

Morey had 15 points last night. He had quite a few shots that looked like they were half way down and then came out again. It was a tough loss for the Titans, but Beach played very well. Look for the Titans to redeem themselves next year.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bluedevils_4 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:29 pm

trinity lost thats sad :lol: :lol:
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:58 pm

didnt beach knock out the much higher ranked beulah minors last year?

sad to see trinity lose i luv the dynasty morey is only a junior tho right so they should be back next year?
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Morrey's only a sophomore! By the way Trinity losing might be bad. Since we got beat gas jumped a dime and the stock market dropped nearly 200 points!!! YIKES!!! :lol:
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby notalent » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:43 am

why isn't DT in class A? how close are they from being in class A?
notalent

Postby hp fan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:23 am

notalent wrote:why isn't DT in class A? how close are they from being in class A?

Their enrollment is so small they should be in 9 man football. They stay in AA because that is where there talent level is. Never will be class A.
hp fan

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:36 am

Biff wrote:
notalent wrote:why isn't DT in class A? how close are they from being in class A?

Get a clue before you post such a stupid comment. Do you ever read!. Trinity is not even close to being Class A anymore. Educate yourself before you make yourself look like an idiot!!

Holy, Biff are you still mad that Marty and the Doc stole your sports almanac? He was trying to educate himself by asking how close they were from being in Class A. He also already had his answer so you should jump on your hover board and chill.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:12 am

If we could "recruit" 170 new STUDENTS, we'd be in a position to make a choice about what class we want to be in. Guess what....NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!.
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:11 pm

I've deleted 2 follow up posts on recruiting. Tongue in cheek responses, fairly harmless, but we just aren't going to go into a recruiting discussion.

Trinity lost, it's over, and so is this topic.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys