3 class system

The Buzz on Class B.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 3 class system

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:19 pm

maybe I just choose not remember that stuff...I seriously don't remember any though.

edit: WFS coach came off really bad IMO. I didn't think he presented himself well. His numbers are always way off base too.

edit 2: Dan Carr didn't like a 3 class system either.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 pm

It's going to happen at some point though...just not as quickly as some schools would like.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ballaholic#3 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:06 pm

Looking at the last 2 proposals. The private schools are still in the lowest level. You'll continue to have at least 4 regions dominated by privates. The middle class.has even more disparity with Devils Lake, Wahpeton, and Shanley playing Harvey/Wells-County on a Tuesday night. You'll have two classes with issues.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:58 pm

ballaholic#3 wrote:Looking at the last 2 proposals. The private schools are still in the lowest level. You'll continue to have at least 4 regions dominated by privates. The middle class.has even more disparity with Devils Lake, Wahpeton, and Shanley playing Harvey/Wells-County on a Tuesday night. You'll have two classes with issues.

Sheyenne's proposal had all the Parochial schools in Class AA or Class AAA

Here was their Class AA
East Conference - South Region: Central Cass, Hillsboro-Central Valley, Kindred, Lisbon, May-Port-CG, Northern Cass, Oak Grove, Oakes, Valley City & Wahpeton

East Conference - North Region: Carrington, Dunseith, Four Winds-Minnewaukan, Grafton, Harvey-Wells County, Langdon/Edmore/Munich, Larimore, Park River-FL, Rugby & Thompson

West Conference - South Region: Beach, Beulah, Bowman County, Dickinson Trinity, Hazen, Hettinger-Scranton, Killdeer, Shiloh Christian, Standing Rock & Watford City

West Conference - North Region: TMCHS-Belcourt, Bottineau, Des Lacs-Burlington, Our Redeemer's, Bishop Ryan, New Town, Stanley, Tioga, Velva & Trinity Christian

Don't agree with some of the teams being up in their proposal BUT all the parochial schools are NOT in the lowest division; Trinity Christian may be only one (IMO) that could stay in the lowest division (and Dakota Adventist it they ever become a HS with a functioning Varsity program).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby packers21 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:36 am

Flip wrote:maybe I just choose not remember that stuff...I seriously don't remember any though.

edit: WFS coach came off really bad IMO. I didn't think he presented himself well. His numbers are always way off base too.

edit 2: Dan Carr didn't like a 3 class system either.

This is more along the lines of what I remember. WFS coach came off extremely arrogant and conceded. I don't think he cares about Class be and believes it is beneath him. His plan does have the Privates in the top two divisions, I thought Shiloh and ORCS were still in the bottom, but I must of been wrong. There is ZERO guarantee those school would opt up tho and the state wouldn't be able to make them. I don't think anyone 's to see what his championship games would look like.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsnut5 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:09 am

Packers21, I absolutely saw the proposals and once again, my belief is no proposal brought forward by one or two schools will pass, as they are usually self serving, or at least many schools believe they are self serving. Put 5 or 6 schools with 175+ enrollment in some of these Class B regions and many would change their vote.

I do not know what the best plan is, and the 2 Class system is suitable for the school system I am affiliated with, but I also know that this current system is not working in our state. I also know that even though this system works for us, we do not vote down proposals even if we don't think it is the best plan. As change must start somewhere and tweaks can always be made to any change. The perfect plan will probably not be developed and implemented from the onset of the change.

It is very complicated and I'm not even sure a 3 class system will help. I just know right now there are going to continue to be very lopsided scores, and I am sure this is causing most of our issues with declining participation in many schools.
sportsnut5
NDPreps Starter

Postby woodchuck10 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Why not keep 2 class but tweak it.

Class A 3 regions.
Fargo region. 6 teams, soon to be 7. Top 3 goto state.
BisMan/Minot region 6 teams, might be 7 one day. Top 3 goto state.
The rest. 10 teams (GFC, GFRR, TM, DL, Wahp, VC, WC, Williston, Dickinson, Jamestown) top two goto state

Class B 8 regions
Top 32 Class B (multiplier for privates) in 4 regions. 4 regions Winners goto state.
The rest (76) in 4 regions (19 in each, 2 districts) 4 region winners goto state
8 team state tourney 4 big, 4 small.

The goal shouldn’t be to make everyone have a shot at winning state. The goal is to have a chance to make it to state. Brings back a true district tourney for small B’s and have 11 competive region tournaments.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballaholic#3 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 pm

I've always liked that concept. I think you could make the middle level be 2 or 3 regions with 5 smaller ones. That way you get more small schools then you do currently.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:03 pm

I think it would be cool to leave Class A as is, with the removal of the teams that are not competitive.

Make Class B like the NCAA tournament. The Elite 8 go to the actual event, but seed the top 64-68 teams and play it out. It won’t happen, but I would rather watch a tournament with the 8 teams playing the best basketball as compared to the best team from each region.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:19 am

balla45 wrote:I think it would be cool to leave Class A as is, with the removal of the teams that are not competitive.

Make Class B like the NCAA tournament. The Elite 8 go to the actual event, but seed the top 64-68 teams and play it out. It won’t happen, but I would rather watch a tournament with the 8 teams playing the best basketball as compared to the best team from each region.

With all due respect, I think you are being hypocritical. You say leave Class A alone, BUT remove non competitive teams. You suggest to forget about regions in Class B basketball but I assume you would keep east and west regions in Class A? Let me ask, how many teams do you want to cut from Class A? When it gets down to say 10 teams to make it competitive for all A teams, do you still keep east and west regions? Send 8 to the state tournament? What is the reasoning for cutting non competitive teams? Is it because upper echelon Class A schools shouldn't have to travel to those schools? Is it a waste of their time to play lesser competition?

Basically you are suggesting to reduce the number of teams in Class A to make it more competitive night in and night out with "like" teams and on the flip side, increase the number of teams in Class B to make it more lopsided from top to bottom which will increase blow outs.

Not so long ago ('90's), Class A basketball was a dog from top to bottom. 35-30 games were more of the norm than outlier. The shot clock saved Class A basketball IMHO. Since then it has blossomed. I too agree Class A should be left alone because I think they have a nice brand of basketball now. However, don't throw the rest of the state under the bus because the 18 biggest schools in the state have a good thing going currently.

I assume you want to get rid of the non competitive teams because you feel Class A schools should have a competitive game every night they step on the court. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what this discussion is about? Having competitive basketball games for everyone in the state during regular season. As for tournament time, I believe what has been proposed up thread would be a huge success. It would also address what you suggested in that some of the lower enrollment teams would move from Class A to the middle class. Seems to solve a lot of problems vs. the recent 3 class proposal which solved none.

Incorporating mercy rules does not solve any problems other than robbing kids of playing time and sending fans and refs home early. Mercy rules actually point out that there indeed are problems. There are things which can be done to bring back competitive basketball from top to bottom and in turn will lead to increased participation. Having quality basketball games doesn't mean you have to have the best basketball players in the state playing. It means like teams are competing against one another, learning and having fun. That can be done at the highest and lowest levels in ND. That's what this should be all about. The tournaments at the end of the year will benefit and the best teams and players will then be recognized. 2 cents.
Last edited by classB4ever on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Oak Grove may struggle to start the year with tough games, mostly on the road, on the schedule vs. Hawley (MN), Four Winds-Minnewaukan, Hillsboro-Central Valley, Shiloh Christian, Dickinson Trinity & Aberdeen Roncalli (SD) in their first 8 games (and Perham (MN) later in the year) but it will prepare them for the region games.

and I'm supposed to believe Oak Grove wouldn't opt up to the middle class in a 3 class system?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Oak Grove may struggle to start the year with tough games, mostly on the road, on the schedule vs. Hawley (MN), Four Winds-Minnewaukan, Hillsboro-Central Valley, Shiloh Christian, Dickinson Trinity & Aberdeen Roncalli (SD) in their first 8 games (and Perham (MN) later in the year) but it will prepare them for the region games.

and I'm supposed to believe Oak Grove wouldn't opt up to the middle class in a 3 class system?

Who says that? Last words I heard is the 3-class system is inevitable and OG (and others) would likely be fine with it. It's just that the scheduling ideas are the hangup on a few of the past proposals.

I think if the state is going to do a 3-class system then they would need to adopt the QRF from MN and allow teams to schedule across the classes (keeps rivalries in play) and then seed the Region Tournament from the QRF...or you play everyone from your region once and then allow cross-class scheduling. I think a few of the schools (parochial or public) would welcome the 3-class system if it were set up differently then the latest proposals.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Who says that?

Many posters. They are anti 3 classes if the private schools are put in the smallest class. I say go with 3 classes and allow teams to opt up. You will see OG, DT, SC, and BR opt IMO. Their scheduling shows who they want to play.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Who says that?

Many posters. They are anti 3 classes if the private schools are put in the smallest class. I say go with 3 classes and allow teams to opt up. You will see OG, DT, SC, and BR opt IMO. Their scheduling shows who they want to play.

Exactly...it’ll happen at some point...just not in the next two years. Someone has to come up with a nearly full-proof plan & format for the 3-class system to happen
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby The Schwab » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:51 am

For this to happen we need to have a vote on: Are we in favor of a 3-class system? If that vote passes, then we form a committee and come up with the best 3 class system. Voting on individual proposals will never get the job done IMO.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:51 pm

In my opinion, nothing will change without a drastic change of leadership at the NDHSAA, not the board, but the President, etc... Correct me if I am wrong (wouldn't be the 1st time) but they generally hire from within (promote) and pretty much everyone of them seems to have the same line of thinking. It may be time to clean house at the upper echelons of the NDHSAA in order to get any real change in how things are done.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:05 pm

classB4ever wrote:
balla45 wrote:I think it would be cool to leave Class A as is, with the removal of the teams that are not competitive.

With all due respect, I think you are being hypocritical. You say leave Class A alone, BUT remove non competitive teams. You suggest to forget about regions in Class B basketball but I assume you would keep east and west regions in Class A? I would not eliminate the regions for the sake of play during the regular season, but i would eliminate the regional tournaments and do an NCAA and NIT, for example. Let me ask, how many teams do you want to cut from Class A? Watford City and Valley City are gone for sure. Potentially others. When it gets down to say 10 teams to make it competitive for all A teams, do you still keep east and west regions? Send 8 to the state tournament? What is the reasoning for cutting non competitive teams? Is it because upper echelon Class A schools shouldn't have to travel to those schools? Is it a waste of their time to play lesser competition? Yes.

Basically you are suggesting to reduce the number of teams in Class A to make it more competitive night in and night out with "like" teams and on the flip side, increase the number of teams in Class B to make it more lopsided from top to bottom which will increase blow outs. Valley City was not a power house the last time that they were in Class B. Four Winds typically beats Turtle Mountain. Watford City has not been great in Class B by any means. I am fine with 3 classes. I would like to see the teams that are not competitive in Class A moved out of it.

Not so long ago ('90's), Class A basketball was a dog from top to bottom. 35-30 games were more of the norm than outlier. The shot clock saved Class A basketball IMHO. Since then it has blossomed. I too agree Class A should be left alone because I think they have a nice brand of basketball now. However, don't throw the rest of the state under the bus because the 18 biggest schools in the state have a good thing going currently. I do not think it is beneficial for Class A to have Watford City, Valley City, and Grand Forks Central in it.

I assume you want to get rid of the non competitive teams because you feel Class A schools should have a competitive game every night they step on the court. Yes. I find blowouts fairly boring to watch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what this discussion is about? Having competitive basketball games for everyone in the state during regular season. I would be fine with 3 classes. I know that I have zero desire to watch Watford City boys and girls lose to Century boys and girls by 60 this year. As for tournament time, I believe what has been proposed up thread would be a huge success. It would also address what you suggested in that some of the lower enrollment teams would move from Class A to the middle class. Seems to solve a lot of problems vs. the recent 3 class proposal which solved none. I think seeding Class B would be cool. It is impractical, but I think it would be fun to watch.

Incorporating mercy rules does not solve any problems other than robbing kids of playing time and sending fans and refs home early. Mercy rules actually point out that there indeed are problems. I agree. That we need a mercy rule shows that there is a lack of competitive balance. There are things which can be done to bring back competitive basketball from top to bottom and in turn will lead to increased participation. Having quality basketball games doesn't mean you have to have the best basketball players in the state playing. It means like teams are competing against one another, learning and having fun. That can be done at the highest and lowest levels in ND. That's what this should be all about. The tournaments at the end of the year will benefit and the best teams and players will then be recognized. 2 cents. This is why I would rather see a true, best of the best tournament, instead of best of region tournament. An example would be how talented Thompson boys have been the past few seasons and almost no one has seen it because HCV has been a title team as well.

I do not think 3 classes will happen soon, and i think it would be cool to have the legitimate 64-68 best teams all in contention. Last year in Class B GBB, 3 of the probably 5 or 6 best teams were all in 1 region.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:33 pm

balla45 wrote:
classB4ever wrote:

With all due respect, I think you are being hypocritical. You say leave Class A alone, BUT remove non competitive teams. You suggest to forget about regions in Class B basketball but I assume you would keep east and west regions in Class A? I would not eliminate the regions for the sake of play during the regular season, but i would eliminate the regional tournaments and do an NCAA and NIT, for example. Let me ask, how many teams do you want to cut from Class A? Watford City and Valley City are gone for sure. Potentially others. When it gets down to say 10 teams to make it competitive for all A teams, do you still keep east and west regions? Send 8 to the state tournament? What is the reasoning for cutting non competitive teams? Is it because upper echelon Class A schools shouldn't have to travel to those schools? Is it a waste of their time to play lesser competition? Yes.

Basically you are suggesting to reduce the number of teams in Class A to make it more competitive night in and night out with "like" teams and on the flip side, increase the number of teams in Class B to make it more lopsided from top to bottom which will increase blow outs. Valley City was not a power house the last time that they were in Class B. Four Winds typically beats Turtle Mountain. Watford City has not been great in Class B by any means. I am fine with 3 classes. I would like to see the teams that are not competitive in Class A moved out of it.

Not so long ago ('90's), Class A basketball was a dog from top to bottom. 35-30 games were more of the norm than outlier. The shot clock saved Class A basketball IMHO. Since then it has blossomed. I too agree Class A should be left alone because I think they have a nice brand of basketball now. However, don't throw the rest of the state under the bus because the 18 biggest schools in the state have a good thing going currently. I do not think it is beneficial for Class A to have Watford City, Valley City, and Grand Forks Central in it.

I assume you want to get rid of the non competitive teams because you feel Class A schools should have a competitive game every night they step on the court. Yes. I find blowouts fairly boring to watch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what this discussion is about? Having competitive basketball games for everyone in the state during regular season. I would be fine with 3 classes. I know that I have zero desire to watch Watford City boys and girls lose to Century boys and girls by 60 this year. As for tournament time, I believe what has been proposed up thread would be a huge success. It would also address what you suggested in that some of the lower enrollment teams would move from Class A to the middle class. Seems to solve a lot of problems vs. the recent 3 class proposal which solved none. I think seeding Class B would be cool. It is impractical, but I think it would be fun to watch.

Incorporating mercy rules does not solve any problems other than robbing kids of playing time and sending fans and refs home early. Mercy rules actually point out that there indeed are problems. I agree. That we need a mercy rule shows that there is a lack of competitive balance. There are things which can be done to bring back competitive basketball from top to bottom and in turn will lead to increased participation. Having quality basketball games doesn't mean you have to have the best basketball players in the state playing. It means like teams are competing against one another, learning and having fun. That can be done at the highest and lowest levels in ND. That's what this should be all about. The tournaments at the end of the year will benefit and the best teams and players will then be recognized. 2 cents. This is why I would rather see a true, best of the best tournament, instead of best of region tournament. An example would be how talented Thompson boys have been the past few seasons and almost no one has seen it because HCV has been a title team as well.

I do not think 3 classes will happen soon, and i think it would be cool to have the legitimate 64-68 best teams all in contention. Last year in Class B GBB, 3 of the probably 5 or 6 best teams were all in 1 region.

You must mean Region 3
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classB4ever » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:09 am

balla45 wrote:

Fair response. I am not opposed to what you suggest. History for the past 22 years has shown that the state tournament participants in Class B are evenly split down the middle by big schools (170+) and private parochial attending at 50% and small schools at 50%. This is somewhat skewed due to the fact that some regions had only small schools guaranteeing at least 1 or 2 small schools every year and also not every region has private/parochial schools.

You do bring up a legitimate point in that for many years, certain regions have produced numerous teams who have to stay home (probably top 3 teams) from the state due to the regional strength. Your suggestion would help eliminate that. IMHO, the hybrid system mentioned above thread would eliminate a lot of the problems being discussed. Districts seem to be quite popular in Class B, so a proposal would be to have the 4 regions and play out district tournaments. Seed after them according to QRF as you suggest. I think it would be a nice twist. The biggest question at that point would then be travel. Not sure that would ever fly. Would love to see AA (cutoff around 400-500), A (next 32-40 teams) and B (the rest). 4 regions for A & B. Perhaps super regionals for A and play out districts for B and send 2 top teams from each district to Sweet Sixteen tourney seeded on QRF formula and played out to top 4. Top 4 teams from each division (A & B) go to state.

It would be exciting in that district tournaments would become very relevant again. The "Sweet 16 - B" tournament would be like a miniature state tourney for some of these smaller schools. Travel and logistics would probably hamper this. Whether or not to seed the A division is up for debate. Perhaps have an east and west "Sweet 16/20 - A" tournament, seeded by QRF and play to last 2. Just throwing this out for discussion.

PS - I think the tournaments in a format like this would be tremendous at every level.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby B Historian » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:26 am

I'm not surprised that this plan is being dumped. It was a self-serving attempt by two administrators to give their respective schools an advantage by putting them near the top of their respective classes from an enrollment standpoint.

I have written this before but will write it again: The problem with implementing a three class system in ND is that there aren't enough mid-size schools! Setting the enrollment cutoff at 150 between the bottom two classes leaves 20-22 schools in the middle division which isn't feasible. You cannot have these schools making 300 mile round trips on a Tuesday night in January for boys and girls basketball games.

The only way for a three class system to work is to have the cutoff between the bottom two classes set at 120. This would put about 40 teams in the middle class which is a workable number for in season travel, tournament logistics etc. The problem though is that those schools with enrollments between 120 and 150 would then be at a bigger disadvantage than they are currently. There is no easy answer.
B Historian
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:39 am

B Historian wrote:I'm not surprised that this plan is being dumped. It was a self-serving attempt by two administrators to give their respective schools an advantage by putting them near the top of their respective classes from an enrollment standpoint.

I have written this before but will write it again: The problem with implementing a three class system in ND is that there aren't enough mid-size schools! Setting the enrollment cutoff at 150 between the bottom two classes leaves 20-22 schools in the middle division which isn't feasible. You cannot have these schools making 300 mile round trips on a Tuesday night in January for boys and girls basketball games.

The only way for a three class system to work is to have the cutoff between the bottom two classes set at 120. This would put about 40 teams in the middle class which is a workable number for in season travel, tournament logistics etc. The problem though is that those schools with enrollments between 120 and 150 would then be at a bigger disadvantage than they are currently. There is no easy answer.

It has already been mentioned in this thread, but have a system where you don't need to play everyone in our district/region. Seed your district/region by QRF. If you want to play a team in your region that is 150 miles away schedule it for a Friday night or Saturday afternoon.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby B Historian » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:51 pm

Flip wrote:
B Historian wrote:I'm not surprised that this plan is being dumped. It was a self-serving attempt by two administrators to give their respective schools an advantage by putting them near the top of their respective classes from an enrollment standpoint.

It has already been mentioned in this thread, but have a system where you don't need to play everyone in our district/region. Seed your district/region by QRF. If you want to play a team in your region that is 150 miles away schedule it for a Friday night or Saturday afternoon.

The QRF is fine, but each school still needs 21 regular season games. If there are only 11 teams in each region in Class A and a school doesn't play all of them then how do you get to 21 games? Rely on Class B opponents? The small schools will have plenty of local competition in their own class. Plus, cross class competition has always been limited in ND. At minimum there has to be 32 schools in the middle class for this to work. 38-40 would be more preferable.
B Historian
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:02 am

B Historian wrote:The QRF is fine, but each school still needs 21 regular season games. If there are only 11 teams in each region in Class A and a school doesn't play all of them then how do you get to 21 games?

Schedule out of class games.
Rely on Class B opponents?

yes
The small schools will have plenty of local competition in their own class.

I disagree.
Plus, cross class competition has always been limited in ND.

Because your average big school is 14x larger than your average small school. Thompson still isn't going to put Red River on their schedule in a 3 class system, but they'll probably schedule Grafton.
At minimum there has to be 32 schools in the middle class for this to work. 38-40 would be more preferable.

I think 32 is the perfect number.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Adding a thought. In this scenario where everything is seeded in an NCAA/NIT type format after the regular season, if I am Thompson or HCV, I probably do schedule GFRR as a win or competitive loss against that team probably benefits me tremendously, and I get to play a tough team. If I am GFRR, I schedule that game as I assume I will win and it is a local opponent. I do not think either team loses in this situation. Is it really much different for GFRR to play Thompson as compared to Valley City? Thompson is probably a more difficult opponent. I live in Bismarck. I am guessing if I polled the Class A coaches in Bismarck, I can if you would like to me to, they would all say that Shiloh Christian would be a more competitive game than Watford City, and they would not have a huge travel commitment to play that game. I think having more control over a schedule would be preferred by most coaches. Look what Shiloh Christian does every year with their out of conference schedule.

Even in the GF area, I think an 8 team 3 day event featuring HCV, Thompson, Grafton, GFRR, GFC, etc. would draw quite well and have quite competitive games. Maybe GFRR wins every year, but maybe they do not. An opponent like that for a Class B team would have to be a fun challenge.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:56 pm

Seems like a similar situation as to why FBS schools don't schedule NDSU. If they win they were supposed too, if they lose it looks bad to lose to a lower division. There is no doubt the top class B teams are better than the lower class A teams. Where do GFC girls finish last year if they were in region 2?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball - Class B