Mandan

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan

Postby sekasum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Didn't think Peterson would last there. Hard act to follow.
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Re: Mandan

Postby CHS09 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Any reason why? What happened?
CHS09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:11 pm

~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:54 am

The demands on coaches in the off season is getting harder and harder, it has become a 12 month job for 4 month pay. There are to many coaches quiting because of this.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:46 pm

bruins44 wrote:The demands on coaches in the off season is getting harder and harder, it has become a 12 month job for 4 month pay. There are to many coaches quiting because of this.

I agree, you also had better be single or have a very understanding wife/girlfriend because you arn't going to be around much. It is very hard on family life and it is easy to get burnt out very quickly. It also makes it very hard to spend the amount of time on your teaching job that you should. Unfortunately many coaches went into teaching just so they could coach and they really don't care about the teaching part.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby northdakotamom » Thu May 06, 2010 9:50 am

What is going on in Mandan with the girls basketball program. Someone said that there are 3 positions open for the girls program. How does that affect the summer league ball program? Anyone know what is going on?
northdakotamom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mandanfanalso » Thu May 06, 2010 5:28 pm

I know that the same positions were listed as open before they hired Petersen last year, so I am not sure how that works. As for the summer league, I heard that everything is on hold unti they hire a head coach. I hope they have it this summer, because my daughter would be heart-broken if they do not!
mandanfanalso
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
bruins44 wrote:The demands on coaches in the off season is getting harder and harder, it has become a 12 month job for 4 month pay. There are to many coaches quiting because of this.

I agree, you also had better be single or have a very understanding wife/girlfriend because you arn't going to be around much. It is very hard on family life and it is easy to get burnt out very quickly. It also makes it very hard to spend the amount of time on your teaching job that you should. Unfortunately many coaches went into teaching just so they could coach and they really don't care about the teaching part.

I don't think you have to be single. There are many dedicated coaches and teachers with supportive families who are fans of sports and competition. Teaching isn't only designated for the classroom. Many coaches really get burnt out because they start out trying to please everyone, and then unfortunately get caught up in school politics, and end up pleasing no one. As far as Mandan goes, it is strange that a long time coach and staff would decide now that it is too time consuming and demanding.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Pedersen got forced out for reasons I am not going to get in to. I think Mike Larson will do the summer program until a head coach is hired.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby COACHWEST » Thu May 13, 2010 10:06 am

Balla... it's posts like this that start a lot of problems. I have no doubt that someday you will be in a position of leadership and will realize when its best to say nothing at all. All your comment has done is raised eyebrows and opened the door for every Tom, dude, and Harry to provide their own "reasons" why "Pederson got forced out".
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Thu May 13, 2010 11:33 am

I think eyebrows were raised already. Nobody bought the reason in the tribune article. Peterson was a long time coach with the program and fully knew the time restraints. The only reason he would have left is if something forced him to leave. Balla45 never stated the reason so we will probably never know. You don't have to think the worst and its probably somthing personal.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:38 pm

COACHWEST, trust me, everyone in the Bismarck-Mandan basketball circle knows what happened, or can find out very easily. I just got back from the YMCA and heard some Bismarck parents talking about exactly what happened, in great detail.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby upnext » Thu May 13, 2010 3:20 pm

CoachWest---i hear you on that...Balla45 should just worry about coaching traveling teams and not get concerned about head coaches. Rumors and everything else seem to be untrue and mouths like his is why people really can't stand people that start crap like this over the internet
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:25 pm

What crap have I started over the internet exactly? I haven't started any rumors nor have I said anything that is not true.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:29 pm

balla45 wrote:What crap have I started over the internet exactly? I haven't started any rumors nor have I said anything that is not true.

LOL...I have to agree with you that you haven't said anything, and now I am curious! Is it true that the core of the coaching staff is no longer there?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:33 pm

COACHWEST and Upnext, sometimes the truth needs to come out and not be covered by a web of lies. It is not my fault that, at times, the truth hurts.

Scoobyx2, I messaged you.

P.S. I don't need to worry about coaching my traveling teams too much, they are doing just fine. :D

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Thu May 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Ok.... now I'm curious. What happened? I heard Peterson stepped down for personal reasons but were all the coaches forced out?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Thu May 13, 2010 4:10 pm

I heard Jossart from Century was stepping down but had not heard about Mandans assistants.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Nodak Guy » Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Eminence wrote:I heard Jossart from Century was stepping down but had not heard about Mandans assistants.

Did Jossart and Peterson 1)get burnt out, 2)resign on their own, 3)get asked to quit, 4)take another coaching job, or 5)get fired? My guess would be #2 because they are sick of listening to all of the crap that coaches have to listen to nowadays. If that's the case, that's too bad.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby COACHWEST » Fri May 14, 2010 10:41 am

Balla:

This is what I was talking about. Just by putting your comment on the board, my interest in the situation, and apparently others, was peaked. If you do not wish to say what the reason is, say anything at all. I liken this to telling a 4 year old that they are going to go somewhere really fun, but not telling them where.
It was a suggestion, not a dig. You did not start any rumors, but like a bunch of sophmore girls....listen to us all chatter. We are not all in the Bis-Man Basketball Circle.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotamom » Fri May 14, 2010 1:31 pm

I don't know the reason behind all Mandan's coaches getting out of the positions but if it is parents, then that is too bad. There is a lot of talent coming up and I know if little kindergarten girls that were looking forward to playing ball so don't know what is happening. Apparently some people are in the know but not sharing. So many parents are disappointed in what they have done while a teenager so are now trying to live through their kids.
northdakotamom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eyeinthesky » Fri May 14, 2010 3:27 pm

COACHWEST wrote:Balla:

This is what I was talking about. Just by putting your comment on the board, my interest in the situation, and apparently others, was peaked. If you do not wish to say what the reason is, say anything at all. I liken this to telling a 4 year old that they are going to go somewhere really fun, but not telling them where.
It was a suggestion, not a dig. You did not start any rumors, but like a bunch of sophmore girls....listen to us all chatter. We are not all in the Bis-Man Basketball Circle.

Thank you COACHWEST. I, and I am sure many others, feel the same way you do.
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:54 pm

you got my ears up... does anyone want to disclose the reasons? One might speculate that it had something to do with how his daughter's role as 1st, 2nd and 3rd options in their offense was taken by the other parents on the team last year?
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon May 17, 2010 6:27 am

bruins44 wrote:you got my ears up... does anyone want to disclose the reasons? One might speculate that it had something to do with how his daughter's role as 1st, 2nd and 3rd options in their offense was taken by the other parents on the team last year?

From what I understand, your speculation is pretty close. There was too much of a conflict of interest, and he simply did not have a good relationship with the girls in the program. But I have no idea why the assistant positions are vacant too.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sekasum » Mon May 17, 2010 9:16 pm

His daughter was no Jaye Amundson but parents need to get a grip. Jamestown boys coach forced out and he coached his kid too. Trouble with that he was Coach of the Year. Guess Dan Carr should have been fired for letting Kyle be as good as he was; or Mark Sand for playing his daughters too much. Silliness-why would anyone want to coach?
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Girls