2010-11

Class A Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2010-11

Postby upnext » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:43 pm

West Region:

Forecast for next yr????Who will be tough??
upnext
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:41 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby Eminence » Thu May 13, 2010 11:49 am

1. Turtle Mountain
2. Mandan
2. Williston
3. Dickinson

Don't see much returning from Century or BHS. TM has Golosh and Mandan has Peterson. TM was winning on the road and I think with Golosh last year, she will be more determined. Mandan will be a close second if not first. Dickinson has Herauf for her senior year who is a good athlete and almost beat Century in the first round of WDA. Williston is one of the few teams with height and with their new coach should make another run at state.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:57 am
Location: USA

Re: 2010-11

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Eminence wrote:1. Turtle Mountain
2. Mandan
2. Williston
3. Dickinson

Don't see much returning from Century or BHS. TM has Golosh and Mandan has Peterson. TM was winning on the road and I think with Golosh last year, she will be more determined. Mandan will be a close second if not first. Dickinson has Herauf for her senior year who is a good athlete and almost beat Century in the first round of WDA. Williston is one of the few teams with height and with their new coach should make another run at state.

I wouldn't count out Century for making it to state. I agree that they don't have a very strong senior class coming up, but their underclassmen really stepped up at state last season.

1. Mandan (If they find a coach.)
2. Century (Reigning State Champs...could surprise teams who write them off)
3. Turtle Mountain (Still can't figure out why they didn't go last year.)
4. Williston (After last year, shouldn't be underestimated.)
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby Eminence » Thu May 13, 2010 4:07 pm

It's easy to step up when you have two 6 footers on your team. Without Pederson and Buck, it's a differnt team. Dickinson had them last year at WDA and with the 2 bigs, Dickinson will win next year.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:57 am
Location: USA

Re: 2010-11

Postby Flip » Fri May 14, 2010 2:27 am

How about the East?
User avatar
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2010-11

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:50 am

Eminence wrote:It's easy to step up when you have two 6 footers on your team. Without Pederson and Buck, it's a differnt team. Dickinson had them last year at WDA and with the 2 bigs, Dickinson will win next year.

Century will be a different team, but they have the numbers in their program. It will be a good year to see what kind of players the assistant coaches have been moving up and working with. Also, it would be tough to say that a Bismarck team will not make a state appearance.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:18 am

Flip wrote:How about the East?

I think South will still be a threat since they have the top player in the state, and a coach who knows how to get to the State championship.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby Eminence » Tue May 18, 2010 2:00 pm

I also think South will be a main contendor because of Roerich and Coach Flaagan. To take state, they will need more girls to step up and fill the roles. Losing Burick will be very tough to overcome. I think they are more vulnerable next year than in the past few years. West looks strong again.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:57 am
Location: USA

Re: 2010-11

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:45 am

South is the EDC favorite; Shanley will be right behind them
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10367
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:56 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:South is the EDC favorite; Shanley will be right behind them

I agree. Shanley finished strong last season with very young players.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:South is the EDC favorite; Shanley will be right behind them

I agree. Shanley finished strong last season with very young players.


They return three key players in Kenney (PG), Carew (F/C) and Rivard (G). They always have some sort of younger athlete step up under Jacobson. They will be tough next season!
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10367
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby wolves65 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:10 am

My money is on Shanley to take the EDC over South. Lack of depth will finally catch up with south. Wouldn't be shocked if they ended up 3rd in the end.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:07 pm

wolves65 wrote:My money is on Shanley to take the EDC over South. Lack of depth will finally catch up with south. Wouldn't be shocked if they ended up 3rd in the end.

Who would you put at 2nd?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby knowitall17 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:11 pm

North...I also feel a turnaround by Central.
knowitall17
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 11:39 am

Re: 2010-11

Postby wolves65 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:58 pm

NOrth and Red River will be solid.
wolves65
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby Eminence » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:17 pm

I don't think you can count South out. They still have Roerich and Coach Flaagan.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:57 am
Location: USA

Re: 2010-11

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:20 pm

I think everyone is forgetting about West Fargo, they have most of their team back. The EDC will be very competitive this season, South, Central, North, Shanley, Red River and West Fargo all have a shot at the top 4 spots, Central was supposed to be a close second to South last year but they had a terrible year, they have everyone back and Caitlin Farroh is the best big girl in the state. South will really miss Burck, if they can find a reliable replacement for her they will be there in the end again.
User avatar
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:20 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby bruins44 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Fargo South went 7-0 at the UND Team Camp Thurs-Fri, beating Minot in the Championship game. Other Class A teams in the camp were; Fargo North, Red River, Devils Lake and Belcourt. There were 24 teams at the Camp from both Minnesota and North Dakota
User avatar
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:20 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 pm

I think the EDC will be very balanced throughout the season which will be a big advantage for South at tournament time.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:48 pm

bruins44 wrote:Fargo South went 7-0 at the UND Team Camp Thurs-Fri, beating Minot in the Championship game. Other Class A teams in the camp were; Fargo North, Red River, Devils Lake and Belcourt. There were 24 teams at the Camp from both Minnesota and North Dakota


From what I hear...North didn't have everyone there.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10367
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby Elevenfan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Belcourt and Red River didn't have all of their starters either. I know Belcourt didn't have Golus and Shaiyan Davis. Golus has a broken finger. She's out until the end of July.
Elevenfan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby jordan23 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:South is the EDC favorite; Shanley will be right behind them
I think Shanley will be the favorite without a doubt. They have two coaches who know the game. They have the exact same team as last year minus one player. I'd watch out for this team, their very experienced and hard working.
jordan23
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:45 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
Eminence wrote:It's easy to step up when you have two 6 footers on your team. Without Pederson and Buck, it's a differnt team. Dickinson had them last year at WDA and with the 2 bigs, Dickinson will win next year.

Century will be a different team, but they have the numbers in their program. It will be a good year to see what kind of players the assistant coaches have been moving up and working with. Also, it would be tough to say that a Bismarck team will not make a state appearance.

True Century has several players that are very talented who only played at the sophomore level they will have a very strong junior class coming up this season.
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
User avatar
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota

Re: 2010-11

Postby pimpdaddyG » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:26 am

i agree. century has a very strong class of juniors who will be getting solid varsity time this season
User avatar
pimpdaddyG
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: 2010-11

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:38 pm

I don't follow girls' BB much so, what's everyones take on Minot. I see they lost 3 Senoirs to graduation and have a top heavy Senior class this year with 5 players coming back with good experience on the floor.

Where does everyone see them stacking up at in the WDA?
"Here I am to save the day!"
User avatar
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:56 am
Location: Minot

Next

Return to Girls

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest