Madi Buck

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Madi Buck

Postby UND Fan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:05 am

I am from out of state so do not get all the inside info - I know Madi Buck had an injury midway through the season. What type of injury was it and did it affect her play the rest of the year.

I am curious as to how well she will do at the DI level. Give me your thoughts but please don't post a bunch of negatives.
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Madi Buck

Postby Eminence » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:17 am

Very athletic but lacks basketball skills. Doesn't have a post move or a set shot. Limited ability to create a shot or drive to the basket. She is very good on the boards and able to put back alot of second shots.

She will struggle at first at the college level until she develops some skill sets.

Positive side, competitor and jumps well. Very athletic.
Negative side, attitude towards teammates and coach but college should fix that. Needs alot of work on her basketball skills to play at that level. I must say that I had a hard time watching her play. Sorry, wouldn't pay the money. VERY overrated!

I did love watching Burick from FS. I think UND got a steal! Composure and head for the game was above the rest of the players on the floor. Would definetly pay to see her play again!
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UND Fan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:56 am

Thanks for the insight! I understand that Burck does a heck of a job at the point despite being 6'!
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:15 am

Yes, Burck would be a better 2 or 3 spot instead of at the Point in college. Ball handling was average but can create her own shot and drives well to the basket. Very smart player and defensively sound but D-1 point guards are too quick for her and the ball handling isn't strong enough. Better at the 2 or 3 spot. Will need to work on the 3 point shot and get some muscle weight.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:41 am

Eminence wrote:Yes, Burck would be a better 2 or 3 spot instead of at the Point in college. Ball handling was average but can create her own shot and drives well to the basket. Very smart player and defensively sound but D-1 point guards are too quick for her and the ball handling isn't strong enough. Better at the 2 or 3 spot. Will need to work on the 3 point shot and get some muscle weight.

I agree that Burck would be a great 2 or 3. She is smart, and used her height at the point to her advantage, but her speed with the ball might limit her at the 1 in college. Buck from Century is extremely athletic. My guess is that she may be a good high jumper in track. Century ran a motion offense that seem to put her out of position on a regular basis, and she didn't seem very comfortable getting in position for a strong arm rebound. But she is tall, and was able to give her team a lot of 2nd chance shots. Defensively, she was effective on the press because of her height, but I can't recall how well she was at man-to-man. Both girls have good size, and I am happy to see UND seriously going after ND players.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shelly k » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Eminence wrote:Very athletic but lacks basketball skills. Doesn't have a post move or a set shot. Limited ability to create a shot or drive to the basket. She is very good on the boards and able to put back alot of second shots.

She will struggle at first at the college level until she develops some skill sets.

Negative side, attitude towards teammates and coach but college should fix that. Needs alot of work on her basketball skills to play at that level. I must say that I had a hard time watching her play. Sorry, wouldn't pay the money. VERY overrated!

I did love watching Burick from FS. I think UND got a steal! Composure and head for the game was above the rest of the players on the floor. Would definetly pay to see her play again!

:shock: the CHS parental mafia will not like this post :lol:
shelly k
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yosports » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Buck lacks basketball skills?? That is why a Division I school recruiter her? Roebuck usually knows what he is doing. I thinks she will do well at UND. She is a competitor and very athletic. What was her injury -does anyone know? I think she missed about 6 games this year??
I do not see Burck being a point guard at UND. She does well for a 6 footer but her best asset is her long arms and intercepting passes on a press. She scored tons of points(last year) by doing that and going in for a layup. This year I thought she looked very rattled when teams pressed. She had a hard time filling Haring's shoes this year. I too am glad UND is still recruiting ND kids! Great to see! Evers, Burck, Buck!
yosports
NDPreps Starter

Postby CHS09 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:18 pm

I coach out of state and we play D-1 players every night in my location going to Nebraska, ASU, Georgia etc. I seen her play in state tournament and will be the first to say Division 1 would be too much for her. She lacks the fundamentel skills and ball handling skills used to play D1. UND she will struggle a bit I think. She has potential but has alot of work .
CHS09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:43 am

yosports wrote:Buck lacks basketball skills?? That is why a Division I school recruiter her? Roebuck usually knows what he is doing. I thinks she will do well at UND. She is a competitor and very athletic. What was her injury -does anyone know? I think she missed about 6 games this year??
I do not see Burck being a point guard at UND. She does well for a 6 footer but her best asset is her long arms and intercepting passes on a press. She scored tons of points(last year) by doing that and going in for a layup. This year I thought she looked very rattled when teams pressed. She had a hard time filling Haring's shoes this year. I too am glad UND is still recruiting ND kids! Great to see! Evers, Burck, Buck!

Burck played point guard for South last year also. Haring played the 2 position. Also, I think it was already pointed out that Buck is athletic. I would guess that is the biggest reason she was recruited and signed so early, but it is a little difficult to distinguish what position she plays. UND will be down a little (especially with the whole nickname thing making recruiting harder), but will develop their players.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:48 am

shelly k wrote:
Eminence wrote:Very athletic but lacks basketball skills. Doesn't have a post move or a set shot. Limited ability to create a shot or drive to the basket. She is very good on the boards and able to put back alot of second shots.

:shock: the CHS parental mafia will not like this post :lol:

Sounds scarey...but if anything is close to being true on her game, she has time to work on it. Trust me, if it needs to be addressed, Roebuck will address it.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls