State Tourney

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State Tourney

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:51 pm

W #1 Bismarck Century vs. E #4 Shanley
E #2 Fargo North vs. W #3 Minot

E #1 Fargo South vs. W #4 Mandan
W #2 Williston vs. E #3 GF Red River
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: State Tourney

Postby 75ford » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:W #1 Bismarck Century vs. E #4 Shanley
E #2 Fargo North vs. W #3 Minot

E #1 Fargo South vs. W #4 Mandan
W #2 Williston vs. E #3 GF Red River

My Picks are Century over Shanley by 15 points
Minot over North by 5 points
South over Mandan by 17points
GF Red River over Willy by 10.

Century over Minot by 6
South over RR by 4.

South over Century by 6
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:43 pm

century over shanley
north over minot
south over mandan
red river over williston (this could be one of the biggest blow outs of the tourney with willy being the 7 reg season seed out of the west and rr at #1 in the state for some weeks)

century over north
red river over south in ot

red river
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon201 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Follow the State A Tournament at http://activities.educ8.org The site will feature live streams of certain games in cooperation with North Dakota NBC.
demon201
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rich_2999 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:40 pm

I predict an all WDA Sweep of the first round.
Rich_2999
NDPreps Reserve

Postby xgatoradex » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:53 pm

i dont know about the WDA Sweep for the first round. The teams in the east are fairly strong this year. North beat South and Red River, who were both ranked number one in the state this year. i have a feeling that there is going to be some good competition this year for boys and girls.
xgatoradex
NDPreps Reserve

Postby soccer09 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:41 pm

Rich_2999 wrote:I predict an all WDA Sweep of the first round.

I know that if you actually turn out to be correct, this post is going to look foolish... but I honestly would guarantee that this prediction turns out incorrectly. If Williston were to beat Red River.... honestly, getting the 3 seed (theoretically) guarantees RR advancing. South is a good call as well, and north has been playing incredible D. I don't know century, and I wouldn't predict an all-east sweep, but all 4 west teams winning seems impossible.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby xgatoradex » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:05 pm

i agree with soccer09. even though Williston had some good games at the WDA, RR was the number 1 in the EDC. It is going to be a good first round but i highly doubt the west will sweep it.
xgatoradex
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Rich_2999 wrote:I predict an all WDA Sweep of the first round.

i will not explain how dumb this is, i would just like you know your logic that williston( 7th place regular season) will beat RR(first place in regular season and 1st in the state for quite some time). as well as being number one in the state they also were in the top five all but about two weeks of the season. willy played well in wda but a team that bad in the regular season will not beat a team that was previously number one in the state. also south will not lose to the number four team from the west. they now have roerich and burck back and i think they lost three games all year? and with the exception of when they lost to rr they didnt have both of them playing because of injury. i did not go to wda just the edc tournament and the only wda team i have seen play this year is minot the first game of the year and rr beat them by about 20. that all said i know the west wont sweep and i wouldnt be surprised if 3 out of the 4 teams advancing were from the east.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rich_2999 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Hey Buddy don't lose any sleep over this. It was just a simple prediction.
Rich_2999
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:28 am

Rich_2999 wrote:Hey Buddy don't lose any sleep over this. It was just a simple prediction.

The fact that a very talented TM team is staying home, and RR did lose in the 1st round of the EDC proves that there are no bad predictions. Williston is a long shot, but they were a long shot going into the WDA, and now they are representing WDA as the #2 seed with a very tall and athletic team. Minot is a sleeper in the tournament, and don't forget that the games are in the West which could give the WDA teams an advantage. I still think the EDC is stronger, but there are no slam dunk predictions.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby soccer09 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:10 am

I believe RR lost in the semis, not 1st round?
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:36 am

soccer09 wrote:I believe RR lost in the semis, not 1st round?

My mistake, you are correct...they lost in the semis to North, but I think I made my point. Even that Wahpeton-DL game is a good example of how teams can show up to play at any time and surprise you.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Rich_2999 wrote:Hey Buddy don't lose any sleep over this. It was just a simple prediction.

i just dont see williston advancing. red river is quick and athletic at the guard position and i think this might cause some problems for willy. also with evers and asche big tall athletic down low they might match up well with some of willistons tallest and athletic girls. if williston beats rr it would be a monumental upset and if south loses it will be another huge one. obviously it could happen, thats why they play the games, but i just dont see it happening.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovebball » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:21 pm

P4KNBD wrote:i will not explain how dumb this is, i would just like you know your logic that williston( 7th place regular season) will beat RR(first place in regular season and 1st in the state for quite some time). as well as being number one in the state they also were in the top five all but about two weeks of the season. willy played well in wda but a team that bad in the regular season will not beat a team that was previously number one in the state. also south will not lose to the number four team from the west. they now have roerich and burck back and i think they lost three games all year? and with the exception of when they lost to rr they didnt have both of them playing because of injury. i did not go to wda just the edc tournament and the only wda team i have seen play this year is minot the first game of the year and rr beat them by about 20. that all said i know the west wont sweep and i wouldnt be surprised if 3 out of the 4 teams advancing were from the east.

hey man, teams lose good players. Century's played all year without Jossart. They've done just fine. A team cant rely on two players. They have to figure out how to play with anybody on the court. I'm going with century for the title. this team has enough heart. I also haven't seen any of the east teams play, but i'm predicting a close game. Century on top. Say what you want about this statement.
lovebball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:48 pm

lovebball wrote:
P4KNBD wrote:i will not explain how dumb this is, i would just like you know your logic that williston( 7th place regular season) will beat RR(first place in regular season and 1st in the state for quite some time). as well as being number one in the state they also were in the top five all but about two weeks of the season. willy played well in wda but a team that bad in the regular season will not beat a team that was previously number one in the state. also south will not lose to the number four team from the west. they now have roerich and burck back and i think they lost three games all year? and with the exception of when they lost to rr they didnt have both of them playing because of injury. i did not go to wda just the edc tournament and the only wda team i have seen play this year is minot the first game of the year and rr beat them by about 20. that all said i know the west wont sweep and i wouldnt be surprised if 3 out of the 4 teams advancing were from the east.

hey man, teams lose good players. Century's played all year without Jossart. They've done just fine. A team cant rely on two players. They have to figure out how to play with anybody on the court. I'm going with century for the title. this team has enough heart. I also haven't seen any of the east teams play, but i'm predicting a close game. Century on top. Say what you want about this statement.

i cant say anything about century winning it becuase i have never seen them play and from what i hear they have two very good players. and all i said about south was that they may have lost some games because of injury and the fact is they have from what i hear, all of their big time players back which helped them win the edc. relying on two players is not really important here anymore because they have both of them back now. i see south and red river advancing for sure and i think north has a better than 50-50 chance at advancing. but upsets do occur.
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby shelly k » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:54 pm

lovebball wrote:

it's going to be a great tournament, there are 3-4 teams that could win, should be a lot of close games. I would guess Century as they are hot right now, excellent team chemistry has developed after Jossart went down. A Century-South final would be nice.
shelly k
NDPreps Reserve

Postby senser » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:23 am

demon201 wrote:Follow the State A Tournament at http://activities.educ8.org The site will feature live streams of certain games in cooperation with North Dakota NBC.

Isn't that Metro Area website streaming the games? They did last year yea? There has to be someplace online that is streaming all the games.
senser
NDPreps Starter

Postby soccer09 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:24 pm

As predicted, the top 3 seeds in the east advance- no sweep for the west hahaha. In my eyes we're headed for a century south final- thoughts?
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby mandanfanalso » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:12 pm

I have only seen South play once and that was against Mandan tonight, but I really think that it will end up Century over South!
mandanfanalso
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:24 pm

South over North
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby KyleJRM » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:00 am

Williston gave Grand Forks RR all they could handle. RR definitely was the better team and deserved to win, but it wasn't a blowout and Williston could have sneaked by with a couple of breaks or slightly hotter outside shooting.

RR is a fun team to watch. They have such big bigs and such tiny, quick guards.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby soccer09 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Shanley over Minot 57-52 in the 5th place game. After a tough loss to fcentury to start the tournament shanley came back and won... wouldn't be surprised if they were better than a few of the teams that will "place" ahead of them.
Also, gotta think South will win the ship tonight...they just manage to do enough of whatever it is they need to win. On top of that, when South gets a lead, it always gets larger. If South's up by 12 I might as well say the game is over, because it seems like in a few minutes that 12 is 18. If Century can stay close and frustrate Burck I think they can have a good shot tho.
Also, do players from the lower games have a good shot at All-Tournament? I'm asking because I don't know how all-tourney team is structured, but it seems like players on teams that lost their first game definitely deserve to make it. Looking at Carew and Kenney from Shanley during the tournament, Carew averaged 18.6 points a game, Kenney 15.3, each accumulating a ton rebounds and assists (Kenney led the team in all 3 in their second game, while Carew averaged 12.3 rebounds a game) and propelling their team to 5th.
Likewise, Pederson was a standout for Mandan, averaging 20 points exactly during the tournament, while rebounding and assisting well, and grabbing a few steals. And even though they lost both games, Minot's Holly Johnson averaged a 14 and 10.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon201 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:33 pm

We're posting some pictures on the State Tournament website for all Thursday and Saturday games. Send the link on to any family/friends who are out of state or maybe deployed who might like to see a little bit of the tournament. http://activities.educ8.org/albums.htm
demon201
NDPreps Reserve

Postby october23sp » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Century will win the ship.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Girls