Belcourt

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Belcourt

Postby upnext » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 pm

Another yr at West Region another year of laying a egg???
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Re: Belcourt

Postby toddjames » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:11 am

Guess we'll find out the next couple games... The road is longer but I still think they make state this year... They're too good of a team to not be representing the West at the state tournament...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:53 am

toddjames wrote:Guess we'll find out the next couple games... The road is longer but I still think they make state this year... They're too good of a team to not be representing the West at the state tournament...

They are a good team, and would represent the West well. To make State, they will have to knock off some good WDA teams which will only make it easier for them at the State tournament.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:32 am

All the hype on TM with all their good players! What happened last night for a 7 seed to upset them ?
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby KyleJRM » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Belcourt looked amazing when I saw them in Williston. I really like what LaDue is doing with the team, and think Williston has a lot of potential, but that result just baffles me. I don't know what to make of it.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby KyleJRM » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Baffled before, now I don't even know what to call it. Flummoxed?

Before the tourney, I thought they had a chance to sneak into state as the 4th seed, but with almost no chance of beating any of the top 3 in the West. Now they've beaten two of them, and somewhat handily.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:07 pm

What happened? Did Golus foul out? Or did they get simply beat by a team that played better?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toddjames » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Looks like Williston is just on fire right now.... they came in with nothing to lose, no pressure and they are playing like it...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Belcourt won't be going to state...they lost to Mandan today 80-76
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby CHS09 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Wow, not to be rude but what a choke job
CHS09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bcourtbraves » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:59 pm

Id say that the Belcourt vs Mandan game was one the most exciting Class A girls basketball games ive ever watched. With Allard, Golus, and Longtin lighting it up!
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:04 am

Agreed. I truly feel bad for the Bravettes. This was a tough weekend and losing LaRoque must have hurt them a lot.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby toddjames » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:56 am

CHS09 wrote:Wow, not to be rude but what a choke job

I don't think I'd call losing by 4 to a perennial Class A power a choke job... Keep your negativity down in Arizona were the "talant down here and all over is quite different then ND. The size and talant of the athletes is so different." as you've said about North Dakota athletes...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CHS09 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:20 am

Ok, did not complete the season they started , they have been known to do this. Also I did not mean a choke job against Mandan. I think Mandan deserved to go. They have battled injuries and always find a way to get to the tournament. Belcourt should have one the first round game. IMO it means nothing if you don't get to the big show.
Also I am from ND. I know exaclty how the athletes are. They are some of the hardest working kids a coach could want. I am not trying to make this into a competition of athletes. I am from the midwest and the work ethic of kids in the midwest is much better then it is down here. The talant level down here is much much higher you cannot compare it in football or basketball. I am from a small town in ND that has one of the best boys basketball programs, football programs and girls program in the state.
CHS09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:26 pm

I know what choke you meant but the fact is that the Mandan game decided their fate as far as state... Williston was the cinderella team of the tournament, they beat Belcourt and then Minot so I don't think Belcourt choked Williston just played a great first couple of games... I know you are from ND because you said so in the previous post that I took your quote from... If you're from a small town (Class B) in ND with "one the best basketball programs and girls programs in the state", you have no idea what it's like to fight to compete against the biggest schools in the state at the Class A level year in and year out... it has been a long wait, over two decades for the girls team, and it didn't happen this but I'm sure the Belcourt community is very proud of this team regardless of the outcome, so your choke comment and your negativity was really uncalled for... oh and by the way the word TALENT is spelled with an ENT at the end...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CHS09 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Yes I am from a small town and now coach at a bigger school then any school in the state of ND. 3200 students. I know what its like to coach against D-1 athletes night in and night out, you do not have to go through this in ND.I am not saying one is better then the other. Simply stating facts. Belcourt should be proud for sure. Its to bad they cannot get to the next level. I apologize if I offended you and Belcourt. That was not my intention at all. They should be proud of a good regular season.
CHS09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Golus is tough! Hope they make it to state next year.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Eminence wrote:Golus is tough! Hope they make it to state next year.

I agree. She is an extremely talented player who works hard on both ends of the court. Good luck next year.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls