Bismarck teams playing games at the civic center

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Bismarck teams playing games at the civic center

Postby Elevenfan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:43 pm

I don't think The Bismarck area teams should be able to play regular season games in the civic center. That gives them one more unfair advantage that could help them in the regional tournament. People complain about some other teams having home court advantages(home cookin'). I think this a big home court advantage that shouldn't be allowed at any time of the season.
Elevenfan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Bismarck teams playing games at the civic center

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:44 pm

I agree with you to an extent. The only problem is that the BHS gym is way too small. A lot of people that wanted to go to watch them play would be turned away at the door.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Elevenfan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:47 pm

I don't know the seating capacity of the civic center but, it didn't look too full on the highlights.
Elevenfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:51 pm

BHS is tiny. Civic parking lot was packed. I bet BHS would have sold out.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:53 pm

Bismarck's gym seats about 700-800 people. There were around 2000 at the civic center if not more.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Whisperman » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:45 am

its not fair but you to expect that from Bismarck....
Whisperman
NDPreps Rookie

Postby toddjames » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:58 am

Why don't they play their games at Bismarck State? They must have decent facilities.
As far as playing in the Civic Center, It's one thing if you're playing games early or during the season, but doing it with regionals a week away is definitely an advantage any way you slice it...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:18 am

toddjames wrote:Why don't they play their games at Bismarck State? They must have decent facilities.
As far as playing in the Civic Center, It's one thing if you're playing games early or during the season, but doing it with regionals a week away is definitely an advantage any way you slice it...

BSC's gym is not big enough to hold a crowd that large. Much smaller than BHS's gym.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Elevenfan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:19 am

What about U Mary's gym? I still like the idea of the EDC and WDA swapping venues for regionals. That would be a truly fair competition.
Elevenfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:43 am

I like the Mary gym idea, but I would imagine it would be very expensive.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby eyeinthesky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:39 pm

balla45 wrote:I like the Mary gym idea, but I would imagine it would be very expensive.

More expensive than rent at the Civic Center? I don't think so...
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr.Fan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:04 pm

Why not have the West Region Tournament in Minot every other year (back-n-forth between Minot and Bismarck)? The boys can play First Round games at the Dome and the girls came play First Round at the Auditorium, play Loser-out games at Auditorium, and Semi-finals, state quailifying games and finals back at the Dome. Elevenfan does make a point with the BHS and Century games played at the Civic Center, but that has been going on for decades now, probably will never change unless they each have their own Athletic Director. What's really unfair is all the traveling teams located outside Bismarck-Mandan have to do each year! Don't get me wrong, the Civic Center is the place to play as far as atmosphere goes, but Minot does do a decent job of hosting a tournament as well...Just something to think about.
Mr.Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Guess I didn't know BSC had small facilities...
I like the Minot idea though... They've been doing a nice job with the Class B State Tournaments and they also added some new hotels and restaurants in the last couple years... Plus it would only be one team having the advantage of at staying home in their own beds instead 4 of the 8 eight teams in the tournament... Evens things up in that sense because it does make a difference and it is an advantage...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 pm

toddjames wrote:Guess I didn't know BSC had small facilities...
I like the Minot idea though... They've been doing a nice job with the Class B State Tournaments and they also added some new hotels and restaurants in the last couple years... Plus it would only be one team having the advantage of at staying home in their own beds instead 4 of the 8 eight teams in the tournament... Evens things up in that sense because it does make a difference and it is an advantage...

Great idea...but Class B Girls State is the same weekend as the Class A Regionals. It would have to work around that. If they could, Minot is not a bad idea.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toddjames » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:25 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
toddjames wrote:Guess I didn't know BSC had small facilities...

Great idea...but Class B Girls State is the same weekend as the Class A Regionals. It would have to work around that. If they could, Minot is not a bad idea.

Well they would just flip-flop... when the West Region is in Minot, the Class B State Girls Tourney would be in Bismarck... Then the next year swap...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pimpdaddyG » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:58 am

all i have to say is century totally worked bhs
pimpdaddyG
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls