best juniors?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: best juniors?

Postby Elevenfan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Golus was given an award for reaching the 1000 point milestone. That's quite an achievement in today's Class A sytem.
Elevenfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:45 pm

hoopster1 wrote:Still second fiddle by far to Farroh's numbers in the east.

That's only because Farroh does everything for Central, whereas Golus is surrounded by good players...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Mr.Fan wrote:I believe she went over 1100 points the BHS game or close to...As far as who would I rather have, a guard or post? Well I think the old term is: "It's starts INSIDE - out"! Coaches refer to it all the time...The thing of it is, Golus don't wear a tag, she plays all FIVE spots on the floor every night, as well as guard all five positions on the floor,,,every night! Golus would for sure be the first girl I would pick to start a team, as well as all the coaches in the entire WDA, and I think the Devils Lake coach and Fargo North coach would agree with Mr.Fan, too!

Wow... you must have seen every player in the state play and know almost every coach in the state too! If "it starts INSIDE-out" than Farroh from central would be the first player to start a team! Her stats are 23.5 points a game,18.9 boards a game,5.8 blocks a game, and 3.6 steals a game.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Hopefully all these juniors listed on this site will get there team to the state tourney. That is the ultimate goal is to win a championship and great players get their team to the show.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Regardless of the guard or post debate, I would start my team with Megan Roehrich.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mr.Fan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:39 am

I don't claim to know every player or do I claim to know every coach, however, I do know that every time Golus steps on the court she is the best player on the floor, and I'm pretty sure I am not the only person who thinks this. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Belcourt play against Central last year, and who won again??? hmmmm...
Mr.Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Mr.Fan wrote:I don't claim to know every player or do I claim to know every coach, however, I do know that every time Golus steps on the court she is the best player on the floor, and I'm pretty sure I am not the only person who thinks this. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Belcourt play against Central last year, and who won again??? hmmmm...

Did they play Central in Grand Forks last year?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mr.Fan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:52 pm

In Belcourt...The game was pretty one-sided.
Mr.Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsguruguy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Has Golus decided on a school after high school? I am sure she has or will get some good schools looking at her.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr.Fan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:19 am

Golus has had a few offers already from some smaller D-1 schools but I heard she wants to stay in state, we'll see.
Mr.Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grlsbballfan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Mr.Fan wrote:I believe she went over 1100 points the BHS game or close to...As far as who would I rather have, a guard or post? Well I think the old term is: "It's starts INSIDE - out"! Coaches refer to it all the time...The thing of it is, Golus don't wear a tag, she plays all FIVE spots on the floor every night, as well as guard all five positions on the floor,,,every night! Golus would for sure be the first girl I would pick to start a team, as well as all the coaches in the entire WDA, and I think the Devils Lake coach and Fargo North coach would agree with Mr.Fan, too!

It appears that starting a team with a post is the wrong answer, considering Farroh from Central, and Gulos from TM are staying home for state.I would take the guard. Roehrich would be the best choice to start a team.As she is still playing and questionabaly the best player in the state!!
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguruguy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:14 pm

grlsbballfan wrote:

It appears that starting a team with a post is the wrong answer, considering Farroh from Central, and Gulos from TM are staying home for state.I would take the guard. Roehrich would be the best choice to start a team.As she is still playing and questionabaly the best player in the state!!

I would agree with you !!Roehrich IMO is the the best player in the state!!!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Big Roehrich fan, and I do not want to sound like a hater, but having another D1 player on her team is a big help.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:54 am

balla45 wrote:Big Roehrich fan, and I do not want to sound like a hater, but having another D1 player on her team is a big help.

Thats a good point
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rich_2999 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:38 pm

grlsbballfan wrote:

It seems to me that Fargo South is normally an annual participate in the State Tournament. When was the last time they've had losing season? Although I am sure Roehrich is a great player I think Fargo South will continue to win games with or without her.

Although Golus and Turtle Mountain came up short this year they have accomplished a great deal over the last couple years. I think the last time Turtle Mountain had a winning season before Golus's run was back in the 80's.
Rich_2999
NDPreps Reserve

Postby soccer09 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Actually, with the impending split of the student body to form Davies, it appears South could have trouble very very shortly after Roehrich leaves. Don't underestimate this- South is going to change very very quickly from a powerhouse to an outsider, as many of the best athletes currently at south live in the neighborhoods which Davies will pull students from.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby grlsbballfan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Rich_2999 wrote:
grlsbballfan wrote:

It seems to me that Fargo South is normally an annual participate in the State Tournament. When was the last time they've had losing season? Although I am sure Roehrich is a great player I think Fargo South will continue to win games with or without her.

Although Golus and Turtle Mountain came up short this year they have accomplished a great deal over the last couple years. I think the last time Turtle Mountain had a winning season before Golus's run was back in the 80's.

Under Flaggen I dont think south has had a losing season! Thats my point! All the great players that have gone through the bruins program,it is Roehrich that is going to be the schools all time career scoring leader as a junior.Among other records that she has already broken.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rich_2999 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:14 pm

grlsbballfan wrote:
Rich_2999 wrote:
grlsbballfan wrote:

Under Flaggen I dont think south has had a losing season! Thats my point! All the great players that have gone through the bruins program,it is Roehrich that is going to be the schools all time career scoring leader as a junior.Among other records that she has already broken.

Thats exactly my point not to take away anything from Roehrich but what if she played in an average to below averge program where she was double to triple teamed every night.
Rich_2999
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:47 pm

She would still be the leading scorer in the state. She would elevate her game to another level and I think that we will see this from her next season.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Girls