Turtle Mountain is coming on Strong

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Turtle Mountain is coming on Strong

Postby Eminence » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 am

Dec. 5 Fargo North HOME W 66-49
Dec. 18 Dickinson HOME L 54-62
Dec. 19 Jamestown HOME W 95-62
Jan. 2 St. Mary's SMHS W 79-53
Jan. 8 Bismarck Century CHS L 60-82
Jan. 9 Bismarck BHS W 54-53
Jan. 15 St. Mary's HOME W 67-46
Jan. 16 Mandan HOME W 75-55
Jan. 19 Devils Lake HOME W 85-70
Jan. 22 Dickinson DHS W 69-42
Jan. 23 Williston WHS W 99-85
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Turtle Mountain is coming on Strong

Postby Baller » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:08 am

I think this is what most people saw them doing coming into the season. I hope that they can keep this up and be successful through the postseason.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:32 am

TM is also winning on the road. If they keep their composure they will be a contendor at state.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bcourtbraves » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:46 pm

With nearly 3:4 assist to turnover ratio, the Bravettes need to take better care of the ball. Teams like Century and South will heckel them much more than Dickinson and Williston. They had around 20 turnovers against both these teams last weekend. However, their defense is forcing more turnovers than that. They also convert a lot of points off of those turnovers.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:52 pm

Unfortunately in high school basketball there are usually more turnovers than assist. While they may not have the ability to beat Century or South, they do have a chance. How long has it been since Belcourt made it to state?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Eminence wrote:Unfortunately in high school basketball there are usually more turnovers than assist. While they may not have the ability to beat Century or South, they do have a chance. How long has it been since Belcourt made it to state?

I agree that TM could be a threat especially if they can establish their inside game and and stay out of foul trouble. Century was getting very strong in establishing their post play and becoming untouchable, but now with Buck back in the lineup, their three 6-footers are back shooting 3-pointers and just running the motion offense. It could get interesting.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:15 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
Eminence wrote:Unfortunately in high school basketball there are usually more turnovers than assist. While they may not have the ability to beat Century or South, they do have a chance. How long has it been since Belcourt made it to state?

I agree that TM could be a threat especially if they can establish their inside game and and stay out of foul trouble. Century was getting very strong in establishing their post play and becoming untouchable, but now with Buck back in the lineup, their three 6-footers are back shooting 3-pointers and just running the motion offense. It could get interesting.

I hope TM makes it to state, I have never seen them play. I hear they have some very good athletes!

I no that Buck and Peterson are 6 footers but who is the third? How is there point gaurd doing for the team, beings Jossart is out with an injury or is she back now?
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 pm

sportsguruguy wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

I hope TM makes it to state, I have never seen them play. I hear they have some very good athletes!

I no that Buck and Peterson are 6 footers but who is the third? How is there point gaurd doing for the team, beings Jossart is out with an injury or is she back now?

I guess I was counting AJ Jacobs in the trio, but she is listed at 5'11".
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby uncheels » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:00 pm

They Go to State!!
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDVBBB » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:03 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
sportsguruguy wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

I guess I was counting AJ Jacobs in the trio, but she is listed at 5'11".

Apparently TM didn't need to have incredible post play in their Feb 13 win by 14 over CHS.
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls