Shanley vs. South

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Shanley vs. South

Postby sportsguruguy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:51 pm

This should be a good game tomorrow night. Any predictions on this one?
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Re: Shanley vs. South

Postby grlsbballfan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:56 pm

sportsguruguy wrote:This should be a good game tomorrow night. Any predictions on this one?

this will be the best match ups for both teams this year so far.south by 8.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:22 pm

South by 28
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:08 pm

Baller wrote:South by 28

Shanley plays pretty good defense...this might be the closest game for South all year! Now I would like to see Shanley pull the upset but I would say South by 10
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bruins44 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:34 am

South beat Shanley 83-65 on the Deacon floor Tuesday night, Meghan Roehrich had 35 pts for South which broke her old school record of 34 set last year, Alley Fisher had 16 pts for South. They also got 15 pts and 9 rebounds from Sophomore post Jasmine Moffett
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:38 pm

South is good...but what I don't like is the fact that South still had their starters in up by 30 points late in the 2nd half. Can't build a program for the future if you don't play the girls of the future...just my opionion though
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Baller » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:24 pm

I realize that they built a lead to 29 but only won by 18. Maybe Flaagen knows a thing or two like the fact that the rest of Shanleys girls were in the other gym playing a soph game. If he puts in his JV maybe Shanley comes all the way back.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:04 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:South is good...but what I don't like is the fact that South still had their starters in up by 30 points late in the 2nd half. Can't build a program for the future if you don't play the girls of the future...just my opionion though

South starts 4 juniors and has a sophomore first sub off the bench, I think that is the future! Shanley played their starters the whole game. If you know anything about gamesmanship the team that is behind subs first. I have seen many games where the team that is winning big takes their varsity out of the game and all of a sudden their opponent puts a full court press on their reserves.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jordan23 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Shanley will definitely come back stronger next time they play south..my prediction is Shanley wins by 10
jordan23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EDC » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:15 pm

Trying to count. Did Shanley dressed nine with one starter hurt in the second half. Pretty hard not to "keep your starters in" with only eight available. South is a better team. Very talented. Roehrich dominated but no way she should have been playing along with other South starters with 2 minutes to go with South up by 20. Didn't bother me but South has more class than that. I was surprised Flaagen kept Roehrich in just to get the record.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:17 am

EDC wrote:Trying to count. Did Shanley dressed nine with one starter hurt in the second half. Pretty hard not to "keep your starters in" with only eight available. South is a better team. Very talented. Roehrich dominated but no way she should have been playing along with other South starters with 2 minutes to go with South up by 20. Didn't bother me but South has more class than that. I was surprised Flaagen kept Roehrich in just to get the record.

Sorry EDC , do you thinnk flaggen was really keeping roehrich in to break the record.Come on! were you at the game , that girl had her way with that team.Just so you no that she had the record broke with 6 minutes left in te game!This is High School Bball It is winning or nothing. From what i seen at the game shanley got worked pretty hard in this one.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:05 am

Roehrich made a field goal with 2:50 left in the game to break the record putting South up by 20. Roehrich and Burck left the game with 1:13 minutes left with Fisher leaving shortly after. This according to the South website play by play. I don't think South was trying to run up the score. It was competitive but the outcome wasn't in doubt. Both teams were playing hard up to the end. Maybe South doesn't have anybody on the bench that Flaagen felt comfortable to put in?? Moffett from South looked good. Break a record up by 20pts is probably acceptable. Up by 30-40 pts probably not. Give a pass to South on this one but I am guessing Flaggen knew the situation.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls