Lions All Star

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Lions All Star

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 am

In the past, lions all stars were always 6 seniors from each region. This year, there were only 6 seniors even named to the East all region team. I would think that Greening, H. Ache, Jones, Peterson, and Haring all have the option to play volleyball. I think that Ache probably Jones and maybe Peterson would choose to play volleyball. That would leave Greening, Haring and Lee for basketball. Do they then pick more senior from the west or delve into below average players in the east? The west has a plethera of seniors that could play... Feeney, Collins, Sigl, Buechler, Sorenson, Dale, Ramlo, Assel? Levi? Tescher?

What are your thoughts on how they should do it this year?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Lions All Star

Postby Eminence » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:32 pm

I don't know if they would choose 3 players from one team. Class A would have a dominate lineup over Class B. Collins-1, Haring-2, Feeney-3, Dale-4 and Sigl-5. Subs: Lee, Sorenson, ?????? vrs Class B Knife, and ??????
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Will Sorenson play volleyball?
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:57 am

Don't forget Ramlo.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller#1 » Mon May 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Has anyone seen a list of class A players selected to play on the Lions All Star team?
Baller#1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Baller » Tue May 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Ali Collins, Mandan. Sarah Feeney, Bismarck. Kelsey Sigl, Bismarck. Trisha Sorensen, Century. Holly Asche, Grand Forks Red River. Morgan Dale, Jamestown. Alicia Greening, Devils Lake. Caitlyn Haring, Fargo South. Aryelle Jones, West Fargo. Katie Lee, Fargo South. Lacey Peterson, Grand Forks Central. Amber Ramlo, Jamestown.

Alternates:Carlie Buechler, Bismarck. Brittaney Zander, Mandan. Alyssa Hummel, West Fargo. Kristi Meikle, Jamestown.

Coaches:Andrea Ronderos, Bismarck. Craig Flaagan, Fargo South.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Tue May 19, 2009 3:11 pm

Truely surprised that Jones and Ache are playing basketball and volleyball. Same is true for Sorenson.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:55 am

Baller wrote:Truely surprised that Jones and Ache are playing basketball and volleyball. Same is true for Sorenson.

They can't play in both all star games so if their name is listed on the Volleyball all star roster that is a mistake.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed May 20, 2009 9:21 am

bruins44 wrote:
Baller wrote:Truely surprised that Jones and Ache are playing basketball and volleyball. Same is true for Sorenson.

They can't play in both all star games so if their name is listed on the Volleyball all star roster that is a mistake.

True I meant playing basketball and NOT volleyball...sorry for the confusion.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:43 am

Who do you think will win Class A or B???
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Eminence wrote:Who do you think will win Class A or B???

Class B...asided from Collins from Mandan I think Class B definitely has a more athletic group of seniors.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:38 pm

More athletic? Take Collins and Knife out of the mix and it is definetly Class A, just by their depth. Class A will have Haring, Dale, Sigl, Ramlo. Class B has WHO to match up?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Eminence wrote:More athletic? Take Collins and Knife out of the mix and it is definetly Class A, just by their depth. Class A will have Haring, Dale, Sigl, Ramlo. Class B has WHO to match up?

Probably not the best way to describe the difference...it will really come down to who really plays on the teams, and who they go with on the alternates. Collins was definitely deserving of the Miss Basketball award and will be fun to watch, and is Feeney from Bismarck playing? I will still go with Class B. It think they will be extremely scrappy, and if the refs stay out of the game they will be very agressive defensively. It will be a fun game.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbfollower » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:17 am

Feeney will not be playing as she is at summer school, according to the Tribune this morning. I am going with Class A.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:35 am

The game was very sloppy at at times very hard to watch. I don't know if there is anyone besides Collins on the A team that can dribble. Really, how many turnovers did Haring have? She struggled at the point, maybe she is just playing out of position. Collins really took control of the game. When she was in, A would go up 10 and as soon as they pulled her, Class B was back. They need to find a guard that can step up when Collins is out of the game. Sigl and Dale did a good job of guarding Knife. Holding Knife to 5 points shows the talented defense of Dale.

I thought B had some good runs but struggled against the A's top 5. Houdek was very athletic and thought she was the best player for B last night. I have never seen her play before and think she is definetly underrated. Definetly a good pick by UND. It will be interesting to see if they put her in the starting line up. Knife was quiet the 2nd half but did do alot of little things that really goes unnoticed.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:49 pm

I hope the game in Fargo will be better!! both A and B looked out of shape, no flow at all and the ball handling was horrific. Not what you would like to see in an all star game.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:49 am

Anyone have an update on Fargo's game?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Eminence wrote:Anyone have an update on Fargo's game?

The overall play was better in Fargo, not as many turnovers and the ball went in the basket for both teams... much more fun to watch than the one in Bismarck.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:34 pm

bruins44 wrote:
Eminence wrote:Anyone have an update on Fargo's game?

The overall play was better in Fargo, not as many turnovers and the ball went in the basket for both teams... much more fun to watch than the one in Bismarck.

I agree. Class B, especially, shot more in Fargo than in Bismarck. I would like to have seen a little more play from the Miss Basketball winner, Collins, and I wish we could have seen Coach Flaagan on the bench for Class A. He put together a great team last season for South.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls