EDC

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

EDC

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:53 am

Anyone know if Thurday afternoon's games are on the radio anywhere. Unfortunately I have to work.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: EDC

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:51 pm

South over Wahp
RR over WF
North over Central
DL over Shanley

Tomorrow:
Loser out:
Wahp vs. WF
Central vs. Shanley

Winners Bracket:
South vs. RR
North vs. DL
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:51 pm

WF over Wahp
Central over Shanley
South over RR
DL over North

Tomorrow
Loser out:
RR vs. Central
North vs. WF

Championship
South vs. DL

In the south game, Burck went out with a shoulder injury and Roehrich left limping. It looked like it was Roehrich's upper thigh area. Hopefully they are both okay. It would definately change the look of the South team without 2 of their top 3
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:24 pm

congrats to the Bruins for winning their 4th straight edc championship and the best of luck to them at state.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Raider08 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:09 am

When does the class A state tourney start and what are the mathups? Can this be seen via internet through NBC like the class B was? I am from ND but now live in AZ and love to watch and keep up on it.
Thanks
Raider08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:13 am

Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoopster1 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:50 am

WOW! What happened to Central?
hoopster1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BBAngel » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:05 pm

The girls didn't show up. They didn't play as a team.
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoopster1 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:16 pm

That's sad because they really had a talented team this year. I thought they could of made some noise against the West.
hoopster1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BBAngel » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:26 pm

They had a chance to make a mark. They blew it. I feel bad for their coach.
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoopster1 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:36 pm

I'd feel bad for the players too. The coach needs to have his players ready. They must not of been ready.
hoopster1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:40 pm

I didn't think that he handled the pressure himself very well in the North game. I don't think it was the players fault. They completely went away from Farroh in the second half and Hintz was quoted in the paper as saying "they lost their composure". Hintz handle his timeouts better and get his players to respond on the floor to the game plan in which they abandoned in the last 10 minutes. Lets not put the blame on a group of 16-17 year olds when it needs to be on the man in his 30s that couldn't handle the pressure.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBAngel » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:40 am

Hintz has a team of players and combination of other factors which other teams may not be dealing with as the other teams you see playing. When one of the older players is overheard saying they were glad when Hammer had to sideline because of her injury, what does that tell you? A outsider who came to the EDC tournament noticed the girls didin't even pass her the ball when she was open. Most teams would be happy to have their best player back. Didn't see them playing like that during the tourney.

Hintz is still recovering from the parents who tried to get him fired last year. I don't think he has the administration's support to get after the girls. He can only say so much to them without having other repercussions coming his way. I don't think all the blame should be on the coach. The girls are getting old enough to take ownership for their actions. Some of the girls need to grow up, see beyond themselves, quit crying and be a team.
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bert1072 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:14 am

Baller wrote:I didn't think that he handled the pressure himself very well in the North game. I don't think it was the players fault. They completely went away from Farroh in the second half and Hintz was quoted in the paper as saying "they lost their composure". Hintz handle his timeouts better and get his players to respond on the floor to the game plan in which they abandoned in the last 10 minutes. Lets not put the blame on a group of 16-17 year olds when it needs to be on the man in his 30s that couldn't handle the pressure.

Isn't it amazing a team beats everyone during the year and loses at regionals and you are going to blame the coach! Sorry the one who didn't step were the girls there the ones on the floor playing not the coaches.
Its been the same girls all year plying the same game, BAD CALL
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:33 am

You can have both. A coach can only do so much, the players have to perform. However, you can get out coached too!

I was at the Mandan/Belcourt game. Belcourt's (Coach of the Year) did not adjust to the tight whistle and even got a technical. He quit with 8 minutes still left in the game. He had no other game plan for Mandan and got blown out. Against the Jamestown game, he did very well. His players didn't perform. Golus had only 9 points (Averaging 20) and was 4 for 13.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:53 am

Belcourt will have problems with teams like Mandan until they get better fundamentally on defense and stop turning the ball over. Mandan isn't going to sit in a half court game and is going to use a lot of motion. Belcourt was continually behind the cutter, behind the post and then would try to steal the ball, knock down the pass from behind or block every shot. That's a recipe for lots of fouls. Where I think the coach dropped the ball was when he didn't take Sasha out with 3 fouls toward the end of the half. She then picked up her fourth right before the half.
Last edited by Deuce on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Central laid an egg at edc, plain and simple. plenty of blame to go around. north and red river both played good games against them though, so maybe some of it had to do with the teams they were playing. i seem to remember talking about central on this forum before the season started saying central would feel the pressure of SUPPOSED to go to state, like its just that easy, other teams will roll over for you. it makes the south's and the mandan's of the state look that much better. they're supposed to win every game, they're supposed to make it to state and contend, even with that huge target on their backs. teams like south and mandan handle it. teams that arent used to playing as the "favorite" don't handle it nearly as well. sometimes that pressure is just too much.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby intensity » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:44 pm

at the north/central game it seemed to me like north just wanted it more.
i didn't see the central/red river game but i was told central shot something like 15% from the field...
intensity
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BBAngel » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:37 pm

As a parent of boys who attend Fargo South we watch the games from another perspective. Watching our sons disapointment to watch their team loose in the state hockey tourney we can sympathize with Central. We have a relative who plays on Central's team whom we follow very closely. Central just didn't play with heart like North and RR did. Just wasn't the same team we have followed all year. Maybe Central will make it next year to the state tourney when they are comfortable with the idea of being contenders in the state tourney. On a happier note I can't wait to watch our Fargo South girls team bring home the State Champion Title!
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls