Can anyone touch South?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Can anyone touch South?

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:34 am

Heading into tournament time is there anyone in the state who can touch South? I haven't seen the west teams play, but the Bruins seem to have no weaknesses. I was looking at their scores and their lowest scoring game of the season is 63 points and their hightest opponenst score has been 58 points. That seems almost unbelievable that on South's worst offensive night they are still better than their opponents best offensive night. Averaging almost 80 ppg can anyone score enough to keep up with them? Can any west team hang with the Bruins? I realize South crushed all three west teams they played this year, but that was early. Any thoughts?
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Re: Can anyone touch South?

Postby sportsguruguy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:14 am

That is a good question.It is going to be very hard to for the bruins to go 25-0 this year, but with all the talent they have on that team they have a very good chance.The bruins will have a huge target on their backs, if they don't take state it will be a disappointment for the lady bruins. My prediction is that it is going to be the bruins playing the demons in the finals.The bruins by 11,75-64.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Shanley (#6 seed in East) has held them down offensively both times that they have played (67 points and 66 points); which is MUCH better compared to most teams, with the last game being a 66-43 final
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby aaronrules » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:44 pm

the only weakness i could see would be if south got into a close game. I dont know the most recent stats but at one time the closest game they had was 24 points. if they get into a down to the wire game, id say the other team has the advantage because south hasnt been forced to play in that type of situation and idk how theyd handle it mentally
aaronrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby bismarckballer » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:42 pm

aaronrules wrote:the only weakness i could see would be if south got into a close game. I dont know the most recent stats but at one time the closest game they had was 24 points. if they get into a down to the wire game, id say the other team has the advantage because south hasnt been forced to play in that type of situation and idk how theyd handle it mentally

i agree. the west teams are much better than the east teams and when fargo south has to match up with a better team than they are used to, i don't know if they will be able handle it.
bismarckballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:48 pm

The west is 6-7 vs. the east not including any valley city of st. mary's games.
Not sure how you can state that the west is soooo much better than the east.

BHS over WF 70-53
Century over North 66-40
Jamestown over Devils Lake 81-41
Minot over RR 53-45
TM over RR 83-57
TM over Central 82-72

North over BHS 56-51
South over BHS 63-27
South over Centtury 75 - 46
South over Jamestown 66-43
Central over Minot 88-60
Devils Lake over Minot 79-52
Dl over TM 65-56
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Baller wrote:The west is 6-7 vs. the east not including any valley city of st. mary's games.
Not sure how you can state that the west is soooo much better than the east.

BHS over WF 70-53
Century over North 66-40
Jamestown over Devils Lake 81-41
Minot over RR 53-45
TM over RR 83-57
TM over Central 82-72

North over BHS 56-51
South over BHS 63-27
South over Centtury 75 - 46
South over Jamestown 66-43
Central over Minot 88-60
Devils Lake over Minot 79-52
Dl over TM 65-56

The West is better than the East at the top. South is the best team I have seen so far. However, I think the rankings consistently show the West is better than the East. South walked through the EDC. I won't say they would have lost in the WDA, but they would have had games within 15 points.

Also, your stats are somewhat skewed. Take South out of the equation, as they are simply the best, and keep the bad teams out, and it is 6-3 for the West.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:48 pm

If you get to take out Minot, then we get to take out North...You take them out with south its 4-2, but if we take out #1 seed out then so should you then its 3-2.

I think the west is more COMPETITIVE but that does not necessarily mean better. Take south out of the equation in the east and the two conferences look eerily similar.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:09 pm

Baller wrote:If you get to take out Minot, then we get to take out North...You take them out with south its 4-2, but if we take out #1 seed out then so should you then its 3-2.

I think the west is more COMPETITIVE but that does not necessarily mean better. Take south out of the equation in the east and the two conferences look eerily similar.

I didn't take Minot out.

I might have to agree with your second sentence a lot though. I think the East has the dominant post players, where the West has the guards/forwards.

I'm very interested to see the all state teams.

It is rare where a returning first team all stater doesn't get on, but right now I would go...

Collins
Sigl
Feeney
Haring
Burck

Dale
Farroh
Asche
Roehrich
Golus

I hate to not put Ramlo on, because I think she is an All-State player. She just doesn't get enough shots and touches.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Plays4keeps » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:29 am

my prediction is that south will coast through the edc tournament but then be upset in the semis and end up taking third place
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dboy23 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Plays4keeps wrote:my prediction is that south will coast through the edc tournament but then be upset in the semis and end up taking third place

HAHA no. South will crush every single team in the state. no one can beat their press. They have four of the best players in the state. No one is touching them.
Dboy23
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Dboy23 wrote:
Plays4keeps wrote:my prediction is that south will coast through the edc tournament but then be upset in the semis and end up taking third place

HAHA no. South will crush every single team in the state. no one can beat their press. They have four of the best players in the state. No one is touching them.

Never say never. South's hockey and football teams both rolled through the state for most of their season and got upset, and that's just local examples. You don't automatically win, you earn it.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby BBAngel » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 am

Good point Hockey High, look at what RR did to win the state A championship! They were the underdog the entire season and looks like they are the ones who brought home the trophy. I am guessing Fargo South's coach is reminding those girls to stay grounded. Central has the potential to surprise many of the WDA teams if they show up to play. If their girls can play together they will do well. Devils Lake will also surprise some of the WDA teams too. If it's true about TM and not playing well off their home court, they may not do as well as some think. Look at the stats from the WDA and EDC and all I can say is we are going to have some great games this year!
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby L00PS » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:39 pm

I have no doubt in my mind that South can win the State Tournament this year. They have a lot of GREAT players and aren't going to stop for anyone. I'll be looking for them to go far at the State Tournament. If they play their game, they won't lose.
L00PS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HometownHigh » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:12 pm

HMMM - Mandan up by two early in 2nd half. Could it be?
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:41 pm

Nope....South wins and will BHS tomorrow in the Championship
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Rich_2999 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:57 pm

obviously bismarck can.....

na na na na na hey hey good bye!!!

Just goes to show you that the wda girls basketball conference is the toughest confernce in the midwest
Rich_2999
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sammyhain2364 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Rich_2999 wrote:obviously bismarck can.....

na na na na na hey hey good bye!!!

Just goes to show you that the wda girls basketball conference is the toughest confernce in the midwest

midwest is probably stretching things but once again the WDA proves to be the superior conference in the state of North Dakota
The leech's kiss, the squids's embrace,
the prurient ape's defiling touch...
and do I like the human race?
No, not much--Aldous Huxley
sammyhain2364
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsguruguy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:48 am

congrats to the bruins on a tremendous season
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby october23sp » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Yes the Demons can touch South. :lol:
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dboy23 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:55 pm

I firmly believe that if Bismark and South played each other 5 times, South would win four of them. Bismark played the game of their lives, and I gotta give them credit. They could not miss in the 2nd half. Its hard to beat a team that shoots 70% from the field in a half.
Im just shocked the Bruins lost. They dominated every single team they faced this season, and then to lose in the state championship when most people have you as 10 point faves...its gotta be devastating. But congrats to the Demons, and congrats to the Bruins on an amazing season.
Dboy23
NDPreps Starter

Postby sammyhain2364 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Dboy23 wrote:I firmly believe that if Bismark and South played each other 5 times, South would win four of them. Bismark played the game of their lives, and I gotta give them credit. They could not miss in the 2nd half. Its hard to beat a team that shoots 70% from the field in a half.
Im just shocked the Bruins lost. They dominated every single team they faced this season, and then to lose in the state championship when most people have you as 10 point faves...its gotta be devastating. But congrats to the Demons, and congrats to the Bruins on an amazing season.

The last time an East team went into the state championship undefeated and cocky as all heck the Mandan Braves won their first of six consecutive titles as they beat the defending champs Fargo North. I think it's becoming abundantly clear that the west is tougher from top to bottom year in and year out.
The leech's kiss, the squids's embrace,
the prurient ape's defiling touch...
and do I like the human race?
No, not much--Aldous Huxley
sammyhain2364
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsguruguy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:58 pm

sammyhain2364 wrote:
Dboy23 wrote:I firmly believe that if Bismark and South played each other 5 times, South would win four of them. Bismark played the game of their lives, and I gotta give them credit. They could not miss in the 2nd half. Its hard to beat a team that shoots 70% from the field in a half.

The last time an East team went into the state championship undefeated and cocky as all heck the Mandan Braves won their first of six consecutive titles as they beat the defending champs Fargo North. I think it's becoming abundantly clear that the west is tougher from top to bottom year in and year out.

DID THE BRUINS REALLY GO INTO THE GAME COCKY!!YOU HAVE KNOW CLUE!!As far as who is tougher team my hat is off to the the demons they won the game.The bruins would win 9 out of 10 games!!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan1 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:19 pm

"know" does not "no" hahaha
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:36 pm

What people dont realize is that South was a very young team! only two seniors played major roles on their team. Yes they walked through the EDC and didnt get tested but they beat two of the best teams from the west at the state tournament in Jamestown and Mandan. Bismarck High played great on Saturday night shooting 70% in the second half and it took that great shooting effort to beat the Bruins, Where was that shooting against Century? if they played it again today it might have been different, but thats why they play the game. My hats off to the Demons, they are State Champs.

Roehrich is a Soph and maybe the best Sophomore in the state, Fisher is a Soph maybe one of the best shooters in the state, Burck is a Junior, she is one of the best if not the best Junior in the state... so three of the best players in the state will be back! Who ever thinks that South was cocky has no clue about this team, they were focussed all year! Good teams play with confidence, if you call that cocky then you never were on a winning team! With the three returning starters and Dockter back along with a good JV and sophomore team the Bruins will be back and maybe as good as this years team. Congrats on a great season, you made South High fans proud!! 24 - 1 the best record in the history of South High girls basketball!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Girls