Can anyone touch South?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Can anyone touch South?

Postby Deuce » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:49 pm

sportsguruguy wrote:
sammyhain2364 wrote:
Dboy23 wrote:I firmly believe that if Bismark and South played each other 5 times, South would win four of them. Bismark played the game of their lives, and I gotta give them credit. They could not miss in the 2nd half. Its hard to beat a team that shoots 70% from the field in a half.
Im just shocked the Bruins lost. They dominated every single team they faced this season, and then to lose in the state championship when most people have you as 10 point faves...its gotta be devastating. But congrats to the Demons, and congrats to the Bruins on an amazing season.

The last time an East team went into the state championship undefeated and cocky as all heck the Mandan Braves won their first of six consecutive titles as they beat the defending champs Fargo North. I think it's becoming abundantly clear that the west is tougher from top to bottom year in and year out.

DID THE BRUINS REALLY GO INTO THE GAME COCKY!!YOU HAVE KNOW CLUE!!As far as who is tougher team my hat is off to the the demons they won the game.The bruins would win 9 out of 10 games!!

too bad they played the 10th game first. Congrats Sarah and the rest of the BHS girls. Just goes to show that's its tough to beat 3 WDA teams 3 days in a row.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby october23sp » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:11 am

sportsguruguy wrote:
sammyhain2364 wrote:
Dboy23 wrote:I firmly believe that if Bismark and South played each other 5 times, South would win four of them. Bismark played the game of their lives, and I gotta give them credit. They could not miss in the 2nd half. Its hard to beat a team that shoots 70% from the field in a half.
Im just shocked the Bruins lost. They dominated every single team they faced this season, and then to lose in the state championship when most people have you as 10 point faves...its gotta be devastating. But congrats to the Demons, and congrats to the Bruins on an amazing season.

The last time an East team went into the state championship undefeated and cocky as all heck the Mandan Braves won their first of six consecutive titles as they beat the defending champs Fargo North. I think it's becoming abundantly clear that the west is tougher from top to bottom year in and year out.

DID THE BRUINS REALLY GO INTO THE GAME COCKY!!YOU HAVE KNOW CLUE!!As far as who is tougher team my hat is off to the the demons they won the game.The bruins would win 9 out of 10 games!!

Umm BHS handled South pretty easily, don't be a sore loser if they played each other 10 times I'd say they would go 5-5.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:54 am

If South and BHS play 10 games with little riding on the game (regular season game) South wins 9 out of 10. Put a lot pressure on the game (state tournament game) BHS could beat them 5 out of 10. Lets face it. South had the most talented team in the state and once they got to state they tightened up and by the 3rd night their talent wasn't enough to overcome their nerves, Bismarck seized the moment, played some great basketball and won the game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:26 pm

South was a very talented team, but I was surprised that they only played 6 players in their game against Mandan. You would think that a team that beat everyone all season by 20+ points and never faced a press would have had a very deep bench going into the state tournament. BHS has shot well all season from the 3-pt line especially if a team doesn't go out there and defend them. South looked very tired down the stretch and struggled defensively with their zone. BHS didn't necessarily have better players on their team, but their depth was a big factor in helping out their starters in the end.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bigshooter21 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:28 pm

All I can say is I can't wait for next year to watch these girls. Just like Bruins44 said they got 3 of the best players in the state coming back next year. So perhaps a state championship will be in the making next year.
bigshooter21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Eminence » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:55 am

I think South realizes now how hard it is to win ONE state championship, imagine doing 6 in a row.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:42 pm

bigshooter21 wrote:All I can say is I can't wait for next year to watch these girls. Just like Bruins44 said they got 3 of the best players in the state coming back next year. So perhaps a state championship will be in the making next year.

I agree South should be tough, but also look for Bismarck Century to start the year off as an early favorite. They finished this season very strong (WDA champs and 3rd place at state), and will return a team with a lot of experience.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:51 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
bigshooter21 wrote:All I can say is I can't wait for next year to watch these girls. Just like Bruins44 said they got 3 of the best players in the state coming back next year. So perhaps a state championship will be in the making next year.

I agree South should be tough, but also look for Bismarck Century to start the year off as an early favorite. They finished this season very strong (WDA champs and 3rd place at state), and will return a team with a lot of experience.

I agree. Century and South are going to be the early favorites,flip a coin on who is 1 or 2.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby mintoman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:51 pm

I certainly don't want to think that I am trashing a high school player but did I just happen to see the 2 not very good games that Burck played this year? I was very surprised she was on the all tournament team as I thought she played average at best.
mintoman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:56 pm

I thought Haring was not good on Friday night and then was unanimous was questionable...I thought Katie Lee carried the team in the tournament and got robbed of all tournament.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Baller wrote:I thought Haring was not good on Friday night and then was unanimous was questionable...I thought Katie Lee carried the team in the tournament and got robbed of all tournament.
I agree, Lee did get robbed of all tourney team.She did help carry the team in state along with Roehrich.Those 2 players were the only 2 that were leaving it all on the court in the finals. Imo the whole offense should have been run through those 2 players with about ten minutes left in the game.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller#1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Baller and sportsguruguy - I agree with you about Lee. She played extremely well and should of been on the all tourney team. Who votes anyway?
Baller#1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Baller#1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:10 pm

mintoman wrote:I certainly don't want to think that I am trashing a high school player but did I just happen to see the 2 not very good games that Burck played this year? I was very surprised she was on the all tournament team as I thought she played average at best.

Yeah and to be voted on the all tournament team unaminously??? I don't get it,
Baller#1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Eminence » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:28 am

I didn't get all the hype on Haring. I thought Lee was better but the only games I saw them play was at the state tournament. Maybe Haring had 3 off nights. I thought Burck was the best player they had and deserved it. She does alot of the little things.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grlsbballfan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Eminence wrote:I didn't get all the hype on Haring. I thought Lee was better but the only games I saw them play was at the state tournament. Maybe Haring had 3 off nights. I thought Burck was the best player they had and deserved it. She does alot of the little things.

Did you watch the same game i did in the finals? Burck the best player they have? I am confused.Your great players come to play when it is on the line.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dr. Sports » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Baller#1 wrote:Baller and sportsguruguy - I agree with you about Lee. She played extremely well and should of been on the all tourney team. Who votes anyway?

Everyone is right Lee did get robbed and what's worse is the fact that it's so obvious. If South had won I thought she was going to get Tournament MVP.
Dr. Sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Eminence wrote:I didn't get all the hype on Haring. I thought Lee was better but the only games I saw them play was at the state tournament. Maybe Haring had 3 off nights. I thought Burck was the best player they had and deserved it. She does alot of the little things.

I agree that Burck was the best player on South's roster. She may not have had her ususal stats at State, but she pulled off what she needed to considering that she had the best defensive players in the state on her. Lee was definitely overlooked for the tournament team. She is a stronger player than Haring, but Haring received a lot more media and fan attention going into the tournament. Some coaches who weren't familiar with South's players may have gone with Haring on name recognition.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller#1 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:27 pm

I see where South is off to a great start again this year. How does this years team compare to last years? Is this their year to win it all after getting so close last year?
Baller#1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:40 pm

They have had a fairly close game with Century and with Red River. They are not as strong as last year but I think that in the long run, that will help them come tournament time. They struggle to contain big girls and If someone can stop Roehrich, they will be in trouble.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:08 am

Baller wrote:They have had a fairly close game with Century and with Red River. They are not as strong as last year but I think that in the long run, that will help them come tournament time. They struggle to contain big girls and If someone can stop Roehrich, they will be in trouble.

South is a very strong team, but there are many teams in the state (especially in the EDC) that have improved which should be an advantage for South. Last year, they didn't face any real competition except for the the 1st games against WDA teams, and then at State. BHS won the State A last year doing what they have done all year (shooting 3's and then throwing it to their top post), they didn't pull anything out of a hat. Right now, it looks like a Century and South race.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby intensity » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Did anyone see the Central - South game? It looked like a close game - 76 - 70. I wouldn't have picked Central to give South a run.
intensity
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:13 am

Central was ranked #2 in the EDC behind South at the beginning of the year. Caitlyn Farroh had Mono so she did not play much the past 4 or 5 games, if you look at the EDC leader board she is leading in both scoring and rebounding. She had 22 pts and 22 rebounds against South Saturday night, She is unstoppable when she gets the ball down low. Central played their best game of the year, they made 9 three's, Courtney Hammer had 4 three's. It was a great game! South played well also. Meghan Roehrich had 29 pts and three other South girls were in double figures. South took Centrals best shot and still came out on top.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby teamramrod » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:03 am

im hoping norths game tomorrow with south is better thenn the last two years, but considering how roehrich has been playing i see her puttin up 35+ considering north has noone to even compete with her
teamramrod
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Fargo North 72
Fargo South 66

FINAL IN OVERTIME!!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby roundem6 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:08 pm

North roughed her up all night and she wasnt hittin the free throws. 48 straight EDC win streak snapped.
roundem6
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls