Who will take State?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who will take State?

Postby Stealth » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:50 am

How do you think the east and west teams will match up at the state tournment?
Stealth
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Who will take State?

Postby Dboy23 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:03 pm

To be honest, the state tourney this year is a forgone conclusion. Fargo South will win it with ease. Hand them the trophy now please.
Dboy23
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:10 pm

red river. they are hot right now. and with emily evers(who committed D-1 already) they have a great post
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBAngel » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:27 pm

You must be a RR fan because there is no one that is even averaging 15 pts a game on that team and they are ranked 4th.
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsguruguy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:24 am

P4KNBD wrote:red river. they are hot right now. and with emily evers(who committed D-1 already) they have a great post

What d-1 school has miss Evers committed to?
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBAngel » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:16 am

She's verbally committed to UND
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoopster1 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Red River? Really? Evers is the 4th or 5th best post in Grand Forks behind Farroh, the 2 Ashes and what ever the post name is East Grand Forks is. Nobody other than South has a chance. Look at their scores. Nobody has come within 20. They make teams look bad.
hoopster1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roughrider125 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Haha other teams ARE bad...
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:19 am

WDA: BHS, Century, Mandan, and Belcourt make state.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Plays4keeps » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:41 am

hoopster1 wrote:Red River? Really? Evers is the 4th or 5th best post in Grand Forks behind Farroh, the 2 Ashes and what ever the post name is East Grand Forks is. Nobody other than South has a chance. Look at their scores. Nobody has come within 20. They make teams look bad.

well if this is true then why would she be the only one already committed to a d-1 school, weird im sure the und scouts probably just were talking to the wrong girl
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBAngel » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:30 am

There was an article in the GF Herald about Evers verbally committing to UND. Read it online.
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:14 pm

Watch out for mandan, there never out even in a down year
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby P4KNBD » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:50 pm

hoopster1 wrote:Red River? Really? Evers is the 4th or 5th best post in Grand Forks behind Farroh, the 2 Ashes and what ever the post name is East Grand Forks is. Nobody other than South has a chance. Look at their scores. Nobody has come within 20. They make teams look bad.

crazy. since when has colleges started recruiting the fourth or fifth best player at her position? but you know what you are right. und must just want to get the fourth or fifth best player at her position. i heard thats the new "fad" in college athletics
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:07 pm

P4KNBD wrote:

crazy. since when has colleges started recruiting the fourth or fifth best player at her position? but you know what you are right. und must just want to get the fourth or fifth best player at her position. i heard thats the new "fad" in college athletics

http://www.areavoices.com/gfsports/?archive=2008-10
Sorry to break the news to you but it happened. From my understanding, they didn't really recruit her, nor did they offer a scholarship. But, that does not change the fact that she has verbally committed to play basketball at UND. Whether we think she is a good player or not, it happened.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:06 am

Predictions:

Fargo South vrs Jamestown Winner: Jamestown, good shooters from the 3point range, Ramlo will match up well inside. FS has not played anyone since the beginning. The west has improved alot.

Mandan vrs RR Winner: Mandan
Century vrs WF Winner: Century
Dl vrs BHS Winner: BHS

SEMI's
Jamestown vrs Mandan Winner: Mandan because they are playing well
Century vrs BHS Winner: BHS but Century is playing well

FINALS
Mandan vrs BHS - Mandan because BHS struggled with their press in WDA. New coach, didn't know how to adjust in the semi's in WDA.

Also, the reason I picked Mandan was because they almost beat Century without Collins. If the rest of their team plays that well at state, they will be hard to beat.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Eminence wrote:Predictions:

Fargo South vrs Jamestown Winner: Jamestown, good shooters from the 3point range, Ramlo will match up well inside. FS has not played anyone since the beginning. The west has improved alot.

Mandan vrs RR Winner: Mandan
Century vrs WF Winner: Century
Dl vrs BHS Winner: BHS

SEMI's
Jamestown vrs Mandan Winner: Mandan because they are playing well
Century vrs BHS Winner: BHS but Century is playing well

FINALS
Mandan vrs BHS - Mandan because BHS struggled with their press in WDA. New coach, didn't know how to adjust in the semi's in WDA.

Also, the reason I picked Mandan was because they almost beat Century without Collins. If the rest of their team plays that well at state, they will be hard to beat.

You are very funny! Eminence your reason you believe that J town will beat South because they have good 3 point shooters. HA!South has arguably the 2 best 3 point shooters in the state.Fisher who is 42% with 132 attempts knocking 7 down in one game and Roehrich at 40 % with 81 attempts knocking 10 down in one game plus the other 2 starting guards Haring and Burk are at 32% and higher.J towns top 3 point shooters are Meilke at 36% with 55 attempts, and Winson at 32% with 95 attempts.Lee has the upper hand between Ramlo and her.It doesn't matter how good J towns posts are if their guards can't get the ball up the floor and inside , a team isn't going to be successful.I am sure Dale will get her average but who else does Jtown have.
As far as South not playing anyone this year.If i remember right the closest west team that they played was 24 points. Playing the Demons,Century,and Jtown. I am pretty sure that the bruins too have IMPROVED just like everyother team in the state.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4life5 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:26 pm

south is like 5 steps above any otha team in the state. most balanced team, best player, best coach losing aint even an option anymore to them. the only concern is the 2 injuries they suffered in the semis of edc. any word on burck or roehrich?
bball4life5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:38 pm

They both played fine in the Championship. Burck with 19 Roehrich with 16? Burck favored her left shoulder a little but if you didnt know about the injury you wouldn't have noticed it. I think they will be fine come next weekend.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bball4life5 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:45 pm

ooo i wasn't sure if they both played in the ship or not. the only thing i saw was they won by like 30 or somethin (wat's new tho). i really cant see anyone beating them at state, but who knows
bball4life5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:29 pm

bball4life5 wrote:south is like 5 steps above any otha team in the state. most balanced team, best player, best coach losing aint even an option anymore to them. the only concern is the 2 injuries they suffered in the semis of edc. any word on burck or roehrich?

Who is their best player?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:31 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
bball4life5 wrote:south is like 5 steps above any otha team in the state. most balanced team, best player, best coach losing aint even an option anymore to them. the only concern is the 2 injuries they suffered in the semis of edc. any word on burck or roehrich?

Who is their best player?

I would say as far as scoring it is a tossup between roehrich and Burck. Haring is crazy good on the defensive side of the ball.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls