Hot teams heading into WDA Tourney

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Hot teams heading into WDA Tourney

Postby Deuce » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:44 pm

dewey11 wrote:Dickinson gave Bismarck all they could handle. I know they won by 10, but the Bismarck coaches were definetly sweating a bit at the end of that one. It may have ended different if Herauf wouldn't have fouled out. Look out for Dickinson next year, they return everyone except Uttech. Century vs. Mandan was one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen. It seemed like there were 50 turnovers. Century just hit a few more shots. Mandan's coach got very upset at Collins- she tried to force too much and was kind of a ball hog.

Dickinson vs Bismark 41 turnovers
Century vs Mandan 48 turnovers

Ali Collins 18:28 minutes played, 5-5 fg, 0-2 3pt, 2-2 ft, 8 rb 4 ast.
Not hardly the numbers of a ball hog.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Ali Collins not winning senior athlete of the year is a complete joke. There is no question who the best Class A WDA senior is.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:36 pm

balla45 wrote:Ali Collins not winning senior athlete of the year is a complete joke. There is no question who the best Class A WDA senior is.

100% agree with you. Who votes for this award? My guess is the coaches who have a hard time admitting that they can't stop her without the help of the officials.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby clutch24 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:47 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
balla45 wrote:Ali Collins not winning senior athlete of the year is a complete joke. There is no question who the best Class A WDA senior is.

100% agree with you. Who votes for this award? My guess is the coaches who have a hard time admitting that they can't stop her without the help of the officials.

No Kidding. It had to have been VERY hard for Ali Collins to have to sit on the bench in foul trouble and watch most of the WDA Championship.
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:09 pm

clutch24 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

No Kidding. It had to have been VERY hard for Ali Collins to have to sit on the bench in foul trouble and watch most of the WDA Championship.

Are you kidding me? Who did they give it to?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Morgan Dale. She is good, all state for sure, but not senior athlete of the year.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby mandanfanalso » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Baller wrote:
clutch24 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

Ali should have had it!
mandanfanalso
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:30 pm

mandanfanalso wrote:
Baller wrote:
clutch24 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

Ali should have had it!

Politics. That's pathetic. Even Sigl was a better choice. I'm extremely disappointed in the WDA coaches. Way to show off that bias.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby mandanfanalso » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:43 pm

Ok, so I know this is a "what if" and it has absolutely nothing to do with what is going on now, but do you think things would be quite a bit different if Mandan still had Paige Jensen this season? Don't get me wrong this year's team has been working their butts off and I am a huge fan, but the thought is always in the back of my mind!
mandanfanalso
NDPreps Reserve

Postby aaronrules » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:33 pm

balla45 wrote:Morgan Dale. She is good, all state for sure, but not senior athlete of the year.

dale wouldve been my last choice out of all the candidates...sigl, feeney, collins, and sorensen were all better in my opinion. Like you said she's good but I don't even know if shes the best player on her team (Ramlo), let alone the senior athlete of the year.
aaronrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:22 am

I want to congratulate Morgan Dale. I hope everybody here can show some class and do the same!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:34 am

I think it surprised alot of people. She is a good player but not even close to Collins or Sigl.

Dale had a terrible tournament. She was 1 for 11 shots and another game 2 for 11 shots and she wasn't double teamed. Buck totally shut her down in the Century/Jamestown game.

This is a quote from her coach after the Century game. "Morgan is our biggest gun," Botner said. "Century took her out of the game."
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:51 am

I was surprised too. Dale shot 34.4% fg (87/253) and 16.2% 3pt (6/37) from the field for the year.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jimmie44 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:57 am

Congrats to Morgan Dale! :D She has been the stud for J-town for how long, drawing double and triple teams for years and still putting up nice numbers. I agree, Collins is a good player too. But Sigl, I've hardly even heard of her before this year! She's been in the shadow of the Feeney's and all the other big studs for BHS up until now. Tell me how Dale winning is political? Give me a break. The coaches must respect Dale and all that she has done for her program, thus choosing her for the award. Get over it.
jimmie44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:33 am

I am not bashing Dale. I'm just saying it surprised ALOT of people because she was not the obvious choice especially after seeing her play in the tournament. She had such a bad tournament that she didn't even look like an all-stater and she didn't even look like the best player on her team. Meike kept them in the games and should have been selected over dale for tournament team.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:06 am

I didn't see her play this year. My point is this is something she should be proud of. You can voice an opinion but try not to diminish her accomplishment. I don't know exactly when the coaches voted but her tournament play probably didn't factor into this award. If she didn't have a good tournament she shouldn't have been voted into the all tournament team.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:25 am

Looking at Mogan Dales stats for the WDA, she was 4th in scoring, 4th in steals, 2nd in rebounding, 1st in assists, 3rd in FT%, she made more FTs than any other player in the league... so these are all great numbers! and she was a 4 year star for Jamestown.... the WDA tournament has nothing to do with who wins senior player of the year, its voted on before the tournament starts. yes, Collins was deserving, but please dont say it was political! Morgan Dale was also deserving and the coaches voted that way, enough said!

I see the Belcourt coach was named coach of the year, I suppose that was political also?
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:44 am

Dale is a good player. As fans, they seen the girls playing each other for 3 days so I think it raised questions. She had a really, really bad tournament so you have to assume the coaches were voting based on season, but the numbers there do no match up.

While Dale was 4th in scoring, Collins was 2nd in scoring, 1st in steals, and is listed in EVERY category. Sigl was 3rd in scoring above Dale and 1st in Field Goal scoring.

While Dale was a 4 year star for Jamestown, Collins won 3 state championships and played varsity for 4 years also. Was a 2 year All-stater. Dale only went to state one year.

Nothing against Dale, but that is what left everyone was wondering.

Coach of the year???? He took a team that always, always finished last and made them a serious contendor in the WDA. Fans see that, understand that, so it's not questioned.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:36 am

This is a chart that Rich_2999 compiled in the all conference forum. I think that it would be fun to see the coaches ballots...I bet it was a tight race.

All WDA
.............................PPG...RPG..APG..SPG..BSPG..3sPG....Total
1.Collins-MHS.............19.3...7.7...3.4...6.3...0.5...1.3.......38.5
2.Golus-TM................20.5..10.5...2.2...2.8...1.2...0.2.......37.4
3.Dale-JHS.................16.2...9.2...4.2...2.9...0.6....0.3......33.4
4.Sigl-BHS.................16.7...7.4...2.2...1.4...0.7...0.3.......31.4
5.Feeney-BHS.............15.4...6.7...3.5...1.5...0.5...1.3.......28.9
6.Buck-CHS................13.1...7.7...2.1...3.7...1.2...0.1.......27.9
7.Pederson-MHS..........12.3...3.5...2.3...4.7...0.5...0.5.......23.8
8.Herauf-DHS.............10.8...6.6...2.7...1.9...0.4.....0........22.4
9.Meikle-JHS..............11.7...5.7...1.3..1.7...0.5...0.9........21.8
10.Ramlo-JHS.............10.3...5.7...2.2...1.3...1.6...0.1.......21.2
11.Larocque-TM...........9.3....9.0...0.9...0.7...1.1...0.1.......21.1
12.Allard-TM...............11.7...3.5...2.2...1.5..0.1...1.8........20.8
13.Davis-TM...............9.4....6.7...1.5...2.8...0.2...0.1........20.7
14.Peterson-CHS..........10.6...5.7...1.1...1.6...1.1...0.1........20.2
15.Buechler-BHS..........11.2...2.8...3.1...1.7.....0....1.4........20.2
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:03 pm

If you use just the SOY candidates:

Collins 38.5
Dale 33.4
Sigl 31.4
Feeney 28.9
Sorenson not listed but was a candidate?

How many votes does each coach get?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:42 pm

I don't feel bad at all for saying Ali Collins deserved it more than Morgan Dale. I like Morgan and respect her game, but Ali Collins got shafted plain and simple.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:44 pm

bruins44 wrote:Looking at Mogan Dales stats for the WDA, she was 4th in scoring, 4th in steals, 2nd in rebounding, 1st in assists, 3rd in FT%, she made more FTs than any other player in the league... so these are all great numbers! and she was a 4 year star for Jamestown.... the WDA tournament has nothing to do with who wins senior player of the year, its voted on before the tournament starts. yes, Collins was deserving, but please dont say it was political! Morgan Dale was also deserving and the coaches voted that way, enough said!

I see the Belcourt coach was named coach of the year, I suppose that was political also?

How is Collins not winning it not political? 3 time state champ and 2 time all stater, who improved her numbers this year. Being recruited by a team ranked in the Top 25 in the country.

Why should she not have won?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBAngel » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:17 pm

What happened to Turtle Mtn ? Same thing as Central in the EDC?
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ladybravettefan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:50 pm

I dont think that coaches are scared of collins.
She may be kinda good but she is certainly "not the best".
I would like to congratulate Dale, she deserved it!! :D
ladybravettefan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby aaronrules » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:33 pm

I dont think anyone here is "bashing" Dale. Everyone can have an opinion and people believe some cadidates were better than her. No one is saying she is a bad player, shes good, but calling her the best in the wda is up for debate.
aaronrules
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls