Hot teams heading into WDA Tourney

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Hot teams heading into WDA Tourney

Postby Rich_2999 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:14 pm

1.Turtle Mtn -- Won Last three.. Over CHS, BHS, DHS
2.Bismarck -- Lost to TM but big win over MHS
3.Jamestown-- Big win over CHS will be tested again this week by BHS
4.Mandan-- Lost a few this year but if Collins stays out of foul trouble 3 more wins for mandan
5.Dickinson--Had some pretty close games lately could surprise somebody
6.Century-- Started out good, but just seems to be falling apart, lack of leadership
Rich_2999
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Hot teams heading into WDA Tourney

Postby balla45 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:57 pm

Rich_2999 wrote:1.Turtle Mtn -- Won Last three.. Over CHS, BHS, DHS
4.Mandan-- Lost a few this year but if Collins stays out of foul trouble 3 more wins for mandan
6.Century-- Started out good, but just seems to be falling apart, lack of leadership

Turtle Mountain only wins big games at home. Once they win on the road you can call them hot.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rich_2999 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:32 pm

A win is a win.....

lets just say Bismarck, Mandan, Jamestown, Century, and Turtle MTN are the big 5.. who have they beaten on the road amongst themselves

Jamestown - Turtle MTN, Mandan
Bismarck - Mandan
Mandan - Jamestown
Turtle Mtn - Nobody
Century - Nobody

Now if you cancel out Mandan and Jamestown for stalemate
Bismarck and Jamestown have only wins on the road

So i am sorry if i hurt your feelings because you maybe a Century fan but your in the same boat as Turtle Mtn. No wins on the road

So since wins on the road don't seem to be a factor amongst these 5 teams.

Hence hot list

1.Turtle Mtn -- Won Last three.. Over CHS, BHS, DHS
Rich_2999
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:44 am

Hot teams?? No one.

Century looked terrible against Minot. Jamestown and BHS, no one could hit a shot. Mandan, only hope is Collins stays out of foul trouble. Belcourt, struggles when they play out of town.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:04 am

Eminence wrote:Hot teams?? No one.

Century looked terrible against Minot. Jamestown and BHS, no one could hit a shot. Mandan, only hope is Collins stays out of foul trouble. Belcourt, struggles when they play out of town.

Hey, you gotta love the WDA! If they wouldn't have given the courtesy nod to the EDC and GF Central, the West would have almost completely dominated the polls. Also, things tend to get ugly before tournament time when you have to play against a high-ranked team and an all-stater every week.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:28 am

Hey, you gotta love the WDA! If they wouldn't have given the courtesy nod to the EDC and GF Central, the West would have almost completely dominated the polls. Also, things tend to get ugly before tournament time when you have to play against a high-ranked team and an all-stater every week.[/quote]by scoobyx2
You said it ,almost, because 1 eastern team has been in the number one spot all year!!I dont understand? Why would it get ugly when high ranked teams are playing each other with all-staters on them? That is when you would think you would see great games, true all-staters come up to the challenge and produce!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:35 am

My Bad!! Yes, you have to love the WDA. Your right, all the teams are evenly matched which has lead to some really fun games to watch. What sometimes looks sloppy offensively could also be viewed as a good defensive matchup. GO WDA!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sammyhain2364 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:21 pm

I wouldn't want to face Mandan at tournament time.
The leech's kiss, the squids's embrace,
the prurient ape's defiling touch...
and do I like the human race?
No, not much--Aldous Huxley
sammyhain2364
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bruins44 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:38 am

sammyhain2364 wrote:I wouldn't want to face Mandan at tournament time.

I see Dickinson beat Mandan Tuesday night, anyone have anything on this game?
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:27 am

Turnovers, rebounding and shooting. Dickinson out rebounded Mandan 50-38 including 24 offensive rebounds. Mandan needed to find some offense and they couldn't. They scored 20 pts the first half and didn't score for almost 5 minutes of the second. Here's the Dickinson Press article.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/articl ... ion=sports
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dewey11 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:18 am

Dickinson is hot right now after just beating Mandan. They could surprise Jamestown. Mandan has struggled at times this year. BHS will beat Century in WDA Championship game.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby bismarckballer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:14 pm

when it comes down to it, century will pull through. they have all the talent they need and come tourney time they will definitely pull it together. my teams to go to state are
1)Century
2) Bismarck
3) Mandan
4) Jamestown
bismarckballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ladybravettefan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:59 pm

Yeah well everyone has harder times on the road and they have to play 5 on 8. For your info too belcourt has had out of town refs fer the past 6 or 5 games.
ladybravettefan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bismarckballer » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:20 am

ladybravettefan wrote:Yeah well everyone has harder times on the road and they have to play 5 on 8. For your info too belcourt has had out of town refs fer the past 6 or 5 games.

it's always harder on the road, but, when belcourt beats 3 of the top 4 teams at home and loses to them by at least 10 on the road, that's a different story.
bismarckballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby belcourtgirl20 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:45 pm

so wen we win at home with out of town refs. we still dont get the respect we deserve. wat do our girls have to do?! everyone complains about our refs so we get some form out of town but still yet. our refs are the reason why the other teams lose. that makes no sense!
belcourtgirl20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:46 pm

belcourtgirl20 wrote:so wen we win at home with out of town refs. we still dont get the respect we deserve. wat do our girls have to do?! everyone complains about our refs so we get some form out of town but still yet. our refs are the reason why the other teams lose. that makes no sense!

All you have to do to get respect is win at the WDA. Prove the doubters wrong.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby larryjohnstonethefourth » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:37 pm

All the belcourt girls have to do now is prove themselves at the WDA tourney...........forget about the season now its over...........jus go to the tourney and prove all the doubters wrong.........refs don't have anything to do with their home wins because they are out of town........so doubters just try to believe....so if belcourt was a top team in your mind and lets say mandan beat them at mandans home court.........we could say the same thing, that their refs helped them with the game right.......so all you doubters just get over it and just worry about the tournament now......gosh
larryjohnstonethefourth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:31 am

Yeah it's all about taking it one game at a time... High, Century and Mandan all have one advantage over the entire field with getting to play pretty much at home at the Civic Center... It might not be their home courts, but they still get to sleep in their own beds tonight... so I would say the hot teams are the ones that stay minutes away from the Civic Center... oh and Turtle Mountain also, biggest wins at home, but watch out if they bring their A game... guess we'll find out today at 3:45...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bcourtbraves » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:43 pm

Anywhere we can listen to the games??
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:45 pm

"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bcourtbraves » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:31 pm

34 free throw attempts in the first half for mandan? Is that a record? Just imagine if they could make them.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:58 pm

The foul count at the end of the game was 25 Belcourt to 20 Mandan. I think the biggest factor was the 47 turnovers that Belcourt had. Huge difference in the reffing between that game and the Century game. The refs do need to let them play.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Mandan was not good at their free throw attempts last night, however, that was probably a good thing for Belcourt though as they would have been buried sooner than they ended up being. After half time, it seemed like the Belcourt girls just gave up as did their coach.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:30 am

Dickinson gave Bismarck all they could handle. I know they won by 10, but the Bismarck coaches were definetly sweating a bit at the end of that one. It may have ended different if Herauf wouldn't have fouled out. Look out for Dickinson next year, they return everyone except Uttech. Century vs. Mandan was one of the sloppiest games I've ever seen. It seemed like there were 50 turnovers. Century just hit a few more shots. Mandan's coach got very upset at Collins- she tried to force too much and was kind of a ball hog.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:30 am

Collins has to be an amazing player to be considered a ball hog from the bench! I think she could have taken even more control when she was in there since Mandan had poor ball movement on the perimeter, but what can you do when you know the refs are going to call another one on you. One time Collins wasn't even in on the play and was genuinely surprised they didn't call the foul on her. I will agree with you on the sloppiness of the game...there was constant traveling and over-the-back rebounding, and the refs couldn't decide on how to be consistent.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls