Hot teams heading into WDA Tourney

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Hot teams heading into WDA Tourney

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:51 pm

ladybravettefan wrote:I dont think that coaches are scared of collins.
She may be kinda good but she is certainly "not the best".
I would like to congratulate Dale, she deserved it!! :D

The only coaches and players who were never afraid of Collins or didn't think she was "the best" this year are the ones staying home and watching the state tournament on tv. Every team going to the state tournament is spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to stop Collins and Mandan's press.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:47 pm

By saying she is "certainly not the best" you have shown your lack of knowledge of the game. Congratulations.

If you don't think it is even debatable....My God.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbfollower » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:16 am

I only saw the first game of Turtle Mountain's, against Mandan, so can't completely answer what happened to them, but they were doing well the first half against Mandan, the score was going back and forth, but after half time, it seemed like a different team came out against Mandan and by 6-1/2 minutes left of the game, they seemed to have given up. I didn't see the fire in their eyes anymore after half time. Like I said, I didn't see the other 2 games, so don't know how those went.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:27 am

balla45 wrote:

By saying she is "certainly not the best" you have shown your lack of knowledge of the game. Congratulations.

Belcourt should have been scared, then they wouldn't have lost to them by 30 with a box and one on Collins.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:16 pm

balla45 wrote:

I agree Collins is the best senior athlete, but what good is she if she is on the bench because of foul trouble. Maybe that is why she wasn't voted in as the spoy.Collins needs to develop some discipline so she can stay into games. She does herself and her teamates no good by sitting the bench.It has showed all season long.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:15 am

WOW, sounds like a personal point. We were just comparing skills. Even with the limited playing time, Collins had better stats.

Again, I think fans questioned it because Dale did not look good at WDA. Dale is a good player, just didn't show it.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dowork » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:14 am

I'm a little suprised to see mr. mauer this angry on preps... he usually hates on people for that.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:18 pm

Ali Collins is a player who knows that getting that steal is just as important as making that basket. She is a guard who is expected to be in on every rebound (and she is), and leads one of the most dangerous presses in the state. On offense, with or without the ball, she faces a box and one, or a double team every time, and if there is one player the refs are not going to overlook, its her. Opponents try to specifically run plays to draw the foul on her. When you have to play that kind of game all season, fouls happen. During the WDA championship, she contributed more for Mandan in her 18 minutes of play, than many all-staters do the entire game. Its only a bummer for us fans who would like to see her play more, but I wouldn't want her to hold back.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:53 pm

dowork wrote:I'm a little suprised to see mr. mauer this angry on preps... he usually hates on people for that.

Don't be surprised. This is ridiculous, and I would say I almost take Ali not winning it as a personal insult.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller24 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:01 pm

balla45 wrote:
dowork wrote:I'm a little suprised to see mr. mauer this angry on preps... he usually hates on people for that.

Don't be surprised. This is ridiculous, and I would say I almost take Ali not winning it as a personal insult.

I believe that mr jordan mauer should spend time away from posting because he is being an absolute jerk to everyone who agrees with morgan dale getting SPOY.. just MY personal opinion
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:15 pm

baller24 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I believe that mr jordan mauer should spend time away from posting because he is being an absolute jerk to everyone who agrees with morgan dale getting SPOY.. just MY personal opinion

Morgan Dale=Very Good Basketball Player.
Ali Collins=The "Best" Class A Women's Basketball Player.

That's my opinion, which I can back up with stats, records, and team success.

Also, I really don't care what your opinion of me posting is, but, if you want to continue posting, you will never call me a jerk again.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Back up your opinion with some facts. At least 3 people said they agreed with Morgan winning it. I was "a jerk" to one. That poster showed his or her lack of knowledge of basketball with the statement that Ali is "definately" not the best.

Who is "everyone" that I am being a jerk too? I haven't even been rude to you. I have actually said that Morgan is an all state player, Ali is just a better player in my opinion.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bert1072 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:36 am

This is getting out of hand. Everyone has there choice for the award you have Dale,Collins<haring supporters everyone has there own choice all the name calling and getting angry serves no purpose. We will all see at the end of the Tourney won't we.
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Girls