Century and Mandan Round 2

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Century and Mandan Round 2

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Mandan won by about 15. Controlled the entire game. Sorensen came out hot but got injured. Peterson had a very strong end to the game. Collins played like Miss Basketball.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: Century and Mandan Round 2

Postby Baller » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:38 pm

Mandan starting to play well...Knew this was coming.

Was Mandan that much better? Was it a competative game or did Century not play well?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:49 pm

Sorenson going down was a big blow to Century. Zander made some shots and Peterson did as well. Collins didn't force the action and started out hot. Mandan seems to have switched up their defensive scheme.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbfollower » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:50 pm

Mandan pressed and Century did not do well with that. They seemed kind of frustrated and didn't know how to react. Mandan did a great job and looked a little more like the Mandan of old.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby alexanderthegreat » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:49 am

I was very impressed with Mandan's defense... very surprised with how much trouble century had with it too.
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear.
alexanderthegreat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Raider08 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:28 am

Regarding Mandans defense I know they run a diamond press 1-2-1-1? How else to they force pressure and how couldn't Century break it? Is there press offesne not good? Do they have bad ball handlers? I am curious. I would love to see a Mandan game but I am out of state and don't get the opportunity to do so. Does Mandan match up in the 1/2 court set once there press is broke?
Thanks
Raider08
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls