Belcourt Bravettes vs. Mandan Braves

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Belcourt Bravettes vs. Mandan Braves

Postby ndprepsfan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:17 pm

Will be it be the first time the Belcourt girls beat Mandan in years?

Game on Saturday, January 17, 2009

Belcourt by 7.
ndprepsfan

Re: Belcourt Bravettes vs. Mandan Braves

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:22 pm

Mandan by 23. I have seen both teams play, obviously I'm somewhat of a homer though. No answer for Collins.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopster1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:28 am

Speaking of being a homer, that's the type of reffing job that you always get in Belcourt. There is a reason they always have a good home record each year and crumble in regionals. When you go up there you are going 5 on 8. I don't think Belcourt will win, but with the game in Belcourt, the game will be a lot closer than it should be.
hoopster1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndprepsfan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:37 pm

hoopster1 wrote:Speaking of being a homer, that's the type of reffing job that you always get in Belcourt. There is a reason they always have a good home record each year and crumble in regionals. When you go up there you are going 5 on 8. I don't think Belcourt will win, but with the game in Belcourt, the game will be a lot closer than it should be.

I totally disagree. No matter where you go, the refs are always bad. I don't think neccessarily just in Belcourt.
ndprepsfan

Postby eyeinthesky » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:14 pm

ndprepsfan wrote:
hoopster1 wrote:Speaking of being a homer, that's the type of reffing job that you always get in Belcourt. There is a reason they always have a good home record each year and crumble in regionals. When you go up there you are going 5 on 8. I don't think Belcourt will win, but with the game in Belcourt, the game will be a lot closer than it should be.

I totally disagree. No matter where you go, the refs are always bad. I don't think neccessarily just in Belcourt.

A grain of truth in the first statement by hoopster1. Regardless of the officials though, most teams play better at home. Belcourt is no different.

The second quote is just foolish. That is like saying no matter where you go all basketball teams are bad. Some teams are better than others. Some officials are better than others...
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndprepsfan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:50 pm

eyeinthesky wrote:
ndprepsfan wrote:

A grain of truth in the first statement by hoopster1. Regardless of the officials though, most teams play better at home. Belcourt is no different.

The second quote is just foolish. That is like saying no matter where you go all basketball teams are bad. Some teams are better than others. Some officials are better than others...

I didn't say the basketball teams were bad. I was referring to the REFS. Yeah, there are some better refs than others.. and some better teams than others. And I agree with you that most teams play better at home. I think this year for the Bravette's could be a true Cinderella Story.. no buts about it. If they can play to their potential Saturday, it should be a very good game.. counting the refs out.
ndprepsfan

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Why doesn't Belcourt call up Mandan and see if they're bringing their varsity this year or if they're sending their jv team like they did in years past.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndprepsfan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:05 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:Why doesn't Belcourt call up Mandan and see if they're bringing their varsity this year or if they're sending their jv team like they did in years past.

exactly.. in the past.. when they were state champions.. year after year.. when they were ranked 1st in the polls year after year.. i don't see why they would bring their jv.. being that belcourt is doing so good this year. right?
ndprepsfan

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:07 am

ndprepsfan wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:Why doesn't Belcourt call up Mandan and see if they're bringing their varsity this year or if they're sending their jv team like they did in years past.

exactly.. in the past.. when they were state champions.. year after year.. when they were ranked 1st in the polls year after year.. i don't see why they would bring their jv.. being that belcourt is doing so good this year. right?

Yeah, there's no way they're bringing anything but their best saturday. i always thought it kind of sucked they did that to belcourt - sort of like saying "you don't belong on the same court as us, we're just going to send our b team" just so they could schedule another game against a better team somewhere? seems unfair to me. what would benefit fargo south more this season - playing a competely overmatch valley city team, or should they have sent their b team to valley and had their varsity play a team from minneapolis or something? no - you don't do that, because lack of talent or whatever - valley city is still a team in your conference - you don't do that to your fellow conference teams. we'll see if belcourt remembers any of that this weekend and more importantly if they can do anything about it.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby mintoman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:36 am

You know, Mandan just can't win. They take their varsity in years past and they would be accused of running up the score. They bring the JV team and you say they are not being fair to the other team. What would you like them to do?
mintoman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:54 am

mintoman wrote:You know, Mandan just can't win. They take their varsity in years past and they would be accused of running up the score. They bring the JV team and you say they are not being fair to the other team. What would you like them to do?

Every other team in the WDA always played them with their varsity! but Mandan didnt, was it fair? I guess you have to ask for who? while the other teams in the WDA had to play Belcourt with their varsity, Mandan was playing someone else who was better competition, right... I think what Eastguru is saying is that if they are in your league you play them with your varsity, done deal, but Mandan always played by different rules.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:59 am

mintoman wrote:You know, Mandan just can't win. They take their varsity in years past and they would be accused of running up the score. They bring the JV team and you say they are not being fair to the other team. What would you like them to do?

Play them with their varsity like every other team in the league had to do. Duh. Blowouts are no fun for anyone, but just because you're going to be involved in a blowout doesn't mean you skirt the rules and reschedule better competition. This isn't college.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby mintoman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:02 am

They didn't get an extra game out of it and there was no skirting of the rules. You should probably get your information correct. It counted as a varsity game and they didn't always bring their true JV team. It was the JV team plus some players who don't get a lot of varsity time. The same thing goes on in hockey here. BHS doesn't always play their varsity against lesser competition. They have taken their JV team to play Hazen and possible Bottineau. I don't see where the problem is.
mintoman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:52 pm

No it seems they have a better home record because that's the only place they get their games called half way fairly, and I am speaking from experience ... I remeber playing 5 on 8 at a lot of places, sometimes on the home court, but that's always just an excuse ... if you're good, the refs won't matter ... take care of business and the refs won't play a factor.
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rich_2999 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:44 pm

If that was Mandans JV next time they should think about bringing their Varsity

Belcourt 65 - Mandan 62
Rich_2999
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndprepsfan » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:06 pm

Rich_2999 wrote:If that was Mandans JV next time they should think about bringing their Varsity

Belcourt 65 - Mandan 62

yeah, they probably should. but i know for a FACT that wasn't their JV this year. tough one.. amundson told the belcourt girls that was the first game they lost to belcourt for a 50 game streak... wow!
ndprepsfan

Postby baseball18 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:17 pm

ndprepsfan wrote:

you obviously have never been to belcourt then... im not one to bash refs or complain about it much, but games can be really bad up in belcourt... they have a huge homecourt advantage up with the refs and their fans. i've always heard jokes that it's one of the "toughest places to play in the country" haha...

I consider Dickinson and Williston tough places to play, but they don't come close to Belcourt, esp. when they have a good team.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballqueen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:18 pm

I think Belcourt Is doing very well this year!
JOHN 3:16
bballqueen
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Yeah congrats on the win and getting things going in the right direction. Keep it up and don't let up until you get to that state tournament.
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eastwood99 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:08 am

Good season so far from what i have heard, what is their record?
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:50 pm

eastwood99 wrote:Good season so far from what i have heard, what is their record?

They are 5-4. They lost in Devils Lake on Tuesday night, 65-55.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ladybravettefan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:00 pm

well the bravettes are doing very good this year and the probably have a chance at state.
ladybravettefan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby belcourtgirl20 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 am

ok. i will admit that there were bad calls in belcourt. with that though there goes the fact that belcourt wasnt having a very good game that night. they were less then 50 percent at the line and had 35 turnovers. plus over half of our team was sick or hurt. if belcourt was playing there best they would have kicked mandan by like twenty or more. and they shuld have. i am not trying to make excuses for my team but it is the truth. you can blame it on the refs all you want. but watch our games see wat we have to put up with on the road. we get reffed almost everytime we go anywhere in bismarck. mandan wasnt so bad but that was because they didnt have a reason to have to cheat. now they do. so we will see. at most schools for us someone has to get hurt before they start really calling things.

the fact of the matter is that belcourt is the real deal. they are tearin it up. not many people think they can make it. but i have alot of faith in my team! i kno they can make it. so look out mandan.
belcourtgirl20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:02 pm

k first of all. "tearing it up" 5-4 is tearing it up now-a-days? I guess i didn't know that. Secondly, don't stretch the facts...half your team was hurt? I highly doubt you could have half your team hurt or sick and still win. And third, Ref's get a bad rep, if you guys don't like the reffing I know the NDHSAA is always looking for officials.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby belcourtgirl20 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:31 pm

yeah. have the team was hurt OR sick. one teammate got sick then the rest of us did from always sharing drinks at practice. you may not believe me but it was true. zena fractured her tibia. Mariah was having heart problems goin in an out of the hospital. plus we were havin other people wantin to quit and we still won. because we are a good team. everyone thinks that belcourt is a crusty team but this year we arent. so we have lost a few games. jus keep in mind that they were all games we shouldnt of lost. like dickinson and devils lake. no ways should those teams have beat us. we just had bad nights. with jamestown and century we were there the whole game. but we lost our edge. it happens. the only team we should have lost to this year was bhs.
belcourtgirl20
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Girls