Fargo South...Nationally Ranked

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Fargo South...Nationally Ranked

Postby Baller » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:21 am

I know how much we love Max preps on this site, but for what its worth, they have South ranked at #22.

http://www.maxpreps.com/national/basket ... path=,list
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Fargo South...Nationally Ranked

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:07 pm

Baller wrote:I know how much we love Max preps on this site, but for what its worth, they have South ranked at #22.

http://www.maxpreps.com/national/basket ... path=,list

I don't care if its maxpreps or not, it is still a great accomplishment for that program. North Dakota girl's basketball is starting to gain a lot of respect and notoriety around the country.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rich_2999 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Ya I guess it seems pretty creditable.......??????.......

Mandan, ND National Rank_1120
Rich_2999
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Rich_2999 wrote:Ya I guess it seems pretty creditable.......??????.......

Mandan has 3 losses on the year. How high would you like a team with 3 losses to be?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Baller wrote:

Mandan has 3 losses on the year. How high would you like a team with 3 losses to be?

Realistically, there are not 1119 teams in the country better than Mandan. But, I see where you are coming from too.

If there were a lot of polls, I don't think Mandan would be much lower than 125-150 in most of them. However, I think South should be right up there with Mandan. I have seen both teams play.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Congrats to Fargo South and hopefully they get on the espn list. Mandan layed an egg in Gillete so I don't see them getting listed again this year.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:11 pm

In defense of the Mandan girls, they might not have won all 3 games down in Gillette, but it is early in the season and anything can happen. See last year's results as an example.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:33 pm

balla45 wrote:
Baller wrote:

Realistically, there are not 1119 teams in the country better than Mandan. But, I see where you are coming from too.

If there were a lot of polls, I don't think Mandan would be much lower than 125-150 in most of them. However, I think South should be right up there with Mandan. I have seen both teams play.

Right up there with Mandan??? South beat Century by over 30, Century beat Mandan, so I guess maybe you should say "Right up there with South"!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:45 pm

bruins44 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
Baller wrote:

Right up there with Mandan??? South beat Century by over 30, Century beat Mandan, so I guess maybe you should say "Right up there with South"!

I agree bruins 44. congratulations to the coaching staff and players of the bruins.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:19 pm

bruins44 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
Baller wrote:

Why would I put it that way? Mandan was the team that was ranked in the top 50, and I think South is right up there with them. South wasn't ranked, so I wouldn't say Mandan should drop to whatever South might have been ranked at, I'm saying South should move up in the area that Mandan was ranked, the top 50 or so teams in the country.

Not only that, but team by team comparison doesn't work. Sometimes the match ups just work out that way, and seeing that South is much more athletic than Century, and obviously much better, does not mean anything when comparing Mandan and South for "National Ranking." In state it does, but not nationally, if you catch my drift.

Mandan moved up 7 spots after losing to Century.

I won't say Mandan>South or South>Mandan until they play each other, or one wins state. I will just say, they are both top 100 teams, in my book.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:20 pm

agreed... I think its great both teams are getting some respect outside of ND... and your right you cant compare scores because every game is different but when thats all we have to go on at this stage of the season it has to come into play.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:16 am

But you have to consider the fact that you played Century first game of the season. All of Century players are also Volleyball players. It will take them more than a few practices to get back into basketball rhythm. Just because you beat them early on doesn't mean that is the same team 3 weeks later.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:54 am

Eminence wrote:But you have to consider the fact that you played Century first game of the season. All of Century players are also Volleyball players. It will take them more than a few practices to get back into basketball rhythm. Just because you beat them early on doesn't mean that is the same team 3 weeks later.

If you watched volleyball this fall, all of the South girls played volleyball too!! Both teams had the same # of practices before they played so please dont use that as an excuse! South was the better team 29 points better 75-46
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 am

I agree you can't compare scores against common components. There's hot nights, cold nights etc and early in the year that's more prevalent than later in the year. Else you could say FS beat RR by 27, Turtle Mountain beat RR by 26 therefore FS vs Turtle Mountain is a wash? FS is a good team and congrats to them. Keep bringing notoriety to girls bb in the state of ND.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls