Century and Mandan Round 1

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Century and Mandan Round 1

Postby bruins44 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:13 pm

The game is over!!! how long are you Mandan and Century people going to rehash it?? There is a long season ahead, this game was not for anything but bragging rights for December thats it! I didnt see 24 posts when South crushed Century. Referees did not win or lose that game PERIOD!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:24 pm

Until someone posts something interesting to talk about :)
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dowork » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:26 pm

Eminence wrote:Until someone posts something interesting to talk about :)

Well played.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby aaronrules » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:26 pm

alright how do you think century handled the famous mandan press?
aaronrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:31 pm

bruins44 wrote:The game is over!!! how long are you Mandan and Century people going to rehash it?? There is a long season ahead, this game was not for anything but bragging rights for December thats it! I didnt see 24 posts when South crushed Century. Referees did not win or lose that game PERIOD!

isnt bragging rights the right to talk about it?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:47 am

I don't think Century handled the press very well and is one of the main reasons that Mandan was in the game.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Raider08 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:54 am

What type of press does Mandan run?

aaronrules wrote:alright how do you think century handled the famous mandan press?
Raider08
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovebball » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:00 pm

Reffing doesnt win a game for a team, how well the team plays does. Mandan isnt as great as they have been before. You cant blaim a ref for a teams poor play. Century won, its over. We'll see who is the best team at the end of the state tournament.
lovebball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:51 pm

lovebball wrote:Reffing doesnt win a game for a team, how well the team plays does. Mandan isnt as great as they have been before. You cant blaim a ref for a teams poor play. Century won, its over. We'll see who is the best team at the end of the state tournament.

Really? Lovebball, have you ever reffed a game before. In a game that is close, the ref can literally choose who will win. I'm not saying that is the case in this situation, but my God.

Take this completely literally. Do you know anything about basketball?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby lovebball » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:13 pm

balla45 wrote:
lovebball wrote:Reffing doesnt win a game for a team, how well the team plays does. Mandan isnt as great as they have been before. You cant blaim a ref for a teams poor play. Century won, its over. We'll see who is the best team at the end of the state tournament.

Really? Lovebball, have you ever reffed a game before. In a game that is close, the ref can literally choose who will win. I'm not saying that is the case in this situation, but my God.

Umm...actually I do know a couple 100 things about basketball! You dont even know me...dont say crap that you will regret. Reffing is very important, but seriously? Players control the game. If you think the refs are being unfair...you change the outcome. You dont make things look dirty or you just play way more carefully than you have been. Players CAN change it. You just have to be careful about how you do it. There is a way. Take it from someone who has played at that level...shut your mouth! :x
lovebball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:50 pm

lovebball wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Umm...actually I do know a couple 100 things about basketball! You dont even know me...dont say crap that you will regret. Reffing is very important, but seriously? Players control the game. If you think the refs are being unfair...you change the outcome. You dont make things look dirty or you just play way more carefully than you have been. Players CAN change it. You just have to be careful about how you do it. There is a way. Take it from someone who has played at that level...shut your mouth! :x

Please do tell why I should regret saying this. I don't think you are a ref, because a ref would not post opinions about players that are still active members of the group that the referee refs.

Please, do tell what this level you have played at, that I have not is.

Again, have you ever refereed a close game? If the game is tied up with 25 seconds left, and I decide I want the possession to change, do you really know how easy it is to call 3 seconds, 5 seconds, a travel, etc.?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:53 pm

Also, you must forgive me for questioning your knowledge of the game. After I read your comment about Collins being nothing special compared to the rest, I assumed that you had no idea what you are talking about. I now realize you have played at that level.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Raider08 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:31 am

Anyone tell me what they run as far as what type of presses. What type of offense Motion type?
? I have not seen a game as I coach out of state but am from ND. I keep up on everything that goes on back in ND

Raider08 wrote:What type of press does Mandan run?

aaronrules wrote:alright how do you think century handled the famous mandan press?
Raider08
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:27 pm

A lot of 221 1211 131 Trap, things like that. Then just some automatic double teams. They have about 10 different presss that they run.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Raider08 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:30 pm

Thank you, I coach a varsity team in AZ and have contiplated coming back and trying to scrimmage them for fun, I think they would work us but it would be a good experience. I spoke with Amundson this summer so we are going to try to work something out. They run a motion offense? or more structured like flex etc?
Thanks again

balla45 wrote:A lot of 221 1211 131 Trap, things like that. Then just some automatic double teams. They have about 10 different presss that they run.
Raider08
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Raider08 wrote:Thank you, I coach a varsity team in AZ and have contiplated coming back and trying to scrimmage them for fun, I think they would work us but it would be a good experience. I spoke with Amundson this summer so we are going to try to work something out. They run a motion offense? or more structured like flex etc?
Thanks again

balla45 wrote:A lot of 221 1211 131 Trap, things like that. Then just some automatic double teams. They have about 10 different presss that they run.

I wouldn't say it is either. I think they run a lot of set plays. Seeing the amount of defensive plays they have and run every game, I wouldn't be surprised if they ran sets 75% of the time they had the ball.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls