Mandan...Nationally Ranked

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan...Nationally Ranked

Postby balla45 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:15 pm

Mandan Girls are ranked #48 in the nation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/ri ... id=3759380
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: Mandan...Nationally Ranked

Postby sportsguruguy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:27 pm

balla45 wrote:Mandan Girls are ranked #48 in the nation.

just wondering if you know what criteria has to be met to make these rankings.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:34 pm

sportsguruguy wrote:

be one of hte top 50 teams in the country in the eyes of the voters??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:35 am

Obviously some people feel Mandan is a very good team, but I'm not sure what you can take out of these rankings. Minneapolis South has lost by 19 points to an undefeated Hopkins team and Hopkins isn't ranked. South lost again Wednesday, so if they don't drop out something is wrong.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:40 am

it means that Mandan has had a GREAT program and are being rewarded for it, nothing more, Im sure we all know what Mandan girls basketball has done over the years, the person doing the poll is just recognizing it. We all know this years Mandan team is not even close to the past several teams Coach Amundson has had. But its great for ND basketball, lets leave it as that.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:38 am

sportsguruguy wrote:

I thought I read an article by Clay Kelley?? Sports Illustrated that before even being considered to the Top 25, the team had to have 2 D-1 players that were nationally ranked and to be in the Top 50 you had to have 1 D-1 player that was nationally ranked. Then they look and their history, records, etc. It was a while back but when Mandan received their first rating, I was wondering the same thing and then a year or so later I came across the article.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ssayler13 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:45 am

Congrats to the Mandan girls for the national ranking, after 6 straight titles it was long overdue. Who cares if they dont have D-1 type girls every year either, it proves that good coaching and hard work can go along way. Also dont sleep on them this year, they will be in the hunt regardless of their losses!
ssayler13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:22 pm

ssayler13 wrote:Congrats to the Mandan girls for the national ranking, after 6 straight titles it was long overdue. Who cares if they dont have D-1 type girls every year either, it proves that good coaching and hard work can go along way. Also dont sleep on them this year, they will be in the hunt regardless of their losses!

The question was, how does a team get ranked. I was simple stating what I had read in an article about what it took to get ranked. I don't think any team takes them lightly after what happened last year.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Eminence wrote:
sportsguruguy wrote:

I thought I read an article by Clay Kelley?? Sports Illustrated that before even being considered to the Top 25, the team had to have 2 D-1 players that were nationally ranked and to be in the Top 50 you had to have 1 D-1 player that was nationally ranked. Then they look and their history, records, etc. It was a while back but when Mandan received their first rating, I was wondering the same thing and then a year or so later I came across the article.

Werent they in the Top25..maybe even top 10?? a couple years ago? when htey had both Keilpinskis?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:24 am

Eminence wrote:
ssayler13 wrote:Congrats to the Mandan girls for the national ranking, after 6 straight titles it was long overdue. Who cares if they dont have D-1 type girls every year either, it proves that good coaching and hard work can go along way. Also dont sleep on them this year, they will be in the hunt regardless of their losses!

The question was, how does a team get ranked. I was simple stating what I had read in an article about what it took to get ranked. I don't think any team takes them lightly after what happened last year.

I have said before that Collins is nationally ranked. The source is reliable, but I have yet to find out who has ranked her in the top 100. I know she played in a pretty good all star game this summer, I have to get my broken phone to work so I can see her text with the name in it, but she doesn't lie about stuff like that.

She is also going D-1, so they meet the criteria of having one D-1 player.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Mandan moved up to #47
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Mandan moved up to #41 in the nation.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:31 pm

anyone know how mandan is doing in gillette
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:29 am

Doesn't it start on Monday?

MONDAY, DEC. 29

- Energy Classic Holiday Basketball Tournament starts at Campbell County High School’s North Campus main gym. Boys schedule: Kelly Walsh vs. Chadron, Neb., 10:15 a.m.; Centennial (Gresham, Ore.) vs. Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas), 1:45 p.m. Bismarck, N.D., vs. Brighton (Salt Lake City), 5:15 p.m. Campbell County vs. Prairie (Vancouver, Wash.), 9:15 p.m. Girls schedule: Kelly Walsh vs. Pinnacle (Phoenix), 8:30 a.m.; Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas) vs. Northgate (Walnut Creek, Calif.), noon; Lynwood, Calif., vs. Mandan, N.D., 3:30 p.m.; Campbell County vs. Crescent Valley (Corvallis, Ore.), 7:30 p.m.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguruguy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:56 am

NDSportsFan wrote:Doesn't it start on Monday?

MONDAY, DEC. 29

- Energy Classic Holiday Basketball Tournament starts at Campbell County High School’s North Campus main gym. Boys schedule: Kelly Walsh vs. Chadron, Neb., 10:15 a.m.; Centennial (Gresham, Ore.) vs. Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas), 1:45 p.m. Bismarck, N.D., vs. Brighton (Salt Lake City), 5:15 p.m. Campbell County vs. Prairie (Vancouver, Wash.), 9:15 p.m. Girls schedule: Kelly Walsh vs. Pinnacle (Phoenix), 8:30 a.m.; Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas) vs. Northgate (Walnut Creek, Calif.), noon; Lynwood, Calif., vs. Mandan, N.D., 3:30 p.m.; Campbell County vs. Crescent Valley (Corvallis, Ore.), 7:30 p.m.

i think your right, thanks.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls