Polls

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Polls

Postby balla45 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 pm

1. Mandan (5) (0-0) 31
1. Fargo South (3) (3-0) 31
3. Bismarck Century (1-1) 19
4. Jamestown (0-1) 12
5. Grand Forks Central (0-0) 8

Others receiving votes: West Fargo, Devils Lake
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Re: Polls

Postby sportsguruguy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 am

with souths tenacious defense and being able to put four or five grls in double digits they are going to be extremely difficult to beat. we will see if mandan deserves to be in the top spot in the polls this friday when they play jamestown in their first game. we will also see where the bruins will fit in with the tough western teams being they have beat three of the four with ease, mandan being the fourth team.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Mandan plays both Jamestown and Century at their home court so I'm not expecting any blowouts for Mandan. With the Energy Classic field I think Mandan will be lucky to enter the new year with only a loss or two. Last year they were 3-3 after the first week of January.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Deuce wrote:Mandan plays both Jamestown and Century at their home court so I'm not expecting any blowouts for Mandan. With the Energy Classic field I think Mandan will be lucky to enter the new year with only a loss or two. Last year they were 3-3 after the first week of January.

I don't think it matters how Mandan started the year 2008, look what they did at the end of the season. Guess we'll just have to see what happens by the end of this month.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:38 pm

I agree bbfollower. I think how a team tests itself and grows throughout the season is more essential than the rankings or going undefeated. I wish Mandan would have been able to play the Nike TOC in Arizona.

I'd also like to point out that Fargo South took on a tough early schedule and dominated. They look to have things firing on all cylinders.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:03 am

1. Mandan (4) 32
2. Fargo South (3) 31
3. Century 14
4. G.F. Central 11
5. West Fargo 9

Other receiving votes: Jamestown and Devil's Lake.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:35 am

1. Fargo South (8) 6-0 2 40

2. Century 6-1 3 32

3. Mandan 2-3 1 17

4. Bismarck 4-2 NR 14

5. Jamestown 4-2 NR 11

Others receiving votes: Grand Forks Central, West Fargo, Turtle Mountain

I think it awesome Turtle Mountain got votes. I can't help but wonder what they could do with Shaunna Knife.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 am

Girls

1. Fargo South (8) (8-0) 1 44

2. Bismarck Century (1) (7-1) 2 36

3. Bismarck (7-2) 4 28

4. Jamestown (5-2) 5 15

5. Mandan (3-4) 3 11

Others receiving votes: Grand Forks Central

How does Century receive a first place vote when South beat them by almost 30?
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:16 am

Baller I agree!! South wins by 80 pts against Valley City and beats cross town rival North by 30 this past week and they lose a first place vote?? Who would have not voted them #1... obviously it was a Bismarck writer or reporter, but why?
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:05 pm

bruins44 wrote:Baller I agree!! South wins by 80 pts against Valley City and beats cross town rival North by 30 this past week and they lose a first place vote?? Who would have not voted them #1... obviously it was a Bismarck writer or reporter, but why?

that persons daughter probably plays on the team.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:12 pm

Girls

1. Fargo South (8) 10-0 1 44

2. Bismarck Century (1) 8-1 2 36

3. Bismarck 8-2 3 28

4. Jamestown 6-2 4 18

5 (t) West Fargo 5-4 NR 2

Turtle Mt.-Belcourt 5-4 NR 2

Mandan 4-5 5 2

Devils Lake 6-3 NR 2

Still think it is hilarious that South is not unanomously #1

I think the last time Belcourt hit the polls was in the late 80's. Congrats ladies!
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:14 pm

How is Devils Lake not ahead of Mandan?
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:16 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:How is Devils Lake not ahead of Mandan?

Why would they be? They have no more impressive wins than Mandan does. Mandan will most likely beat Turtle Mountain by about 20 on their home court as well.

If you compare losses, Mandan lost to TM by 3. DL routed them. Mandan beat Jamestown by about 10, and Jamestown beat DL by 40.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:23 pm

balla45 wrote:

Why would they be? They have no more impressive wins than Mandan does. Mandan will most likely beat Turtle Mountain by about 20 on their home court as well.

If you compare losses, Mandan lost to TM by 3. DL routed them. Mandan beat Jamestown by about 10, and Jamestown beat DL by 40.

Simply the fact that Devils Lake has a better record and the fact that Mandan is not even .500.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:25 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Simply the fact that Devils Lake has a better record and the fact that Mandan are not even 500.

Considering Mandan lost to the #2, #3, and #5 teams, along with 2 losses in Gillette, add to that a win over the #4 team, and your argument really has no clout.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:46 pm

What I find a Joke is how West Fargo is ranked! they have beaten teams with combined records of 8 - 38, their wins are against St Marys 1-9, Wahpeton 1-7, Shanley 3-4, Valley City 0-11 and North 3-7... not a quality win yet this year!! How could anyone vote for them, the sportscasters and sportswriters must not watch games or see scores.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby aaronrules » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:09 am

balla45 wrote:

Everyone seems to think Mandan will crush everyone on their home court like they have in years past but Im not convinced. Put Mandan against any team with decent posts and they seem to struggle because they are not very tall. Also, the famous Mandan defense/press has been average at best this year.
aaronrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:20 am

aaronrules wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Everyone seems to think Mandan will crush everyone on their home court like they have in years past but Im not convinced. Put Mandan against any team with decent posts and they seem to struggle because they are not very tall. Also, the famous Mandan defense/press has been average at best this year.

I'm not talking about every team, just Turtle Mountain. That game was ridiculous. Its the honest truth, and I don't homer for the girls team much.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:27 am

aaronrules wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Not everybody, just people from Mandan. The way their playing their lucky if they make state. I'd have to say their reign of terror is over.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:33 am

Things will tighten up in the WDA starting this week. BHS, CHS and Jamestown haven't played each other even once yet. Also Belcourt isn't that bad of a team. They were ahead of BHS at the half @ BHS and was close to Century @ Century. I can see Belcourt knocking off one of them at home.

I'd question why Central isn't ahead of DL. They beat DL twice already.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopster1 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:47 am

They probably ahead of Central because Central has underachieved this year. They lost to North some how. They got crushed by East Grand Forks who on paper is kind of similar and didn't see the game at all but judging by the score, they didn't compete against South. They are the only team that could and lost by around 30.
hoopster1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:09 pm

Baller wrote:Still think it is hilarious that South is not unanomously #1

They should not allow whoever is voting for Century to keep voting.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguruguy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Flip wrote:
Baller wrote:Still think it is hilarious that South is not unanomously #1

They should not allow whoever is voting for Century to keep voting.

i agree totally.south beat up on the #2 century ,#3 demons, and the #4 bluejays with ease.how could it not be unanimous. there has been one team this year that gave south a little bit of trouble and that was moorhead. at the end of the first half south led by 10,and it was that close because the south girls missed on several bunny shots. they still beat moorhead by 33.I beleive moorhead has a d-1 player commited to detroit(hooten)she is a post player. point is if you have average guards like a moorhead, and ESPECIALLY a bis. century team that is not going to cut it against the bruins. they will bottle you up and tighten the noose around you and you cant breathe. what ends up to be numerous turnovers and you get crushed in transition.as of right now if all 5 starters for south dont make all conference with the numbers they are putting up individually there is a flaw in the voting system. take a look at all the stats from other teams in the edc. there is several girls that have good numbers(which is great) but when those players match up against south they dont even come close to there season average.that is just how well coached they are and how strong the team is!!!no respect for the bruins, by the end of the season they will have it!!!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:13 pm

1/28

Girls

Team Record LW Points

1. Fargo South (7) 12-0 1 39

2. Century (1) 9-1 2 33

3. Bismarck 8-3 3 22

4. Jamestown 7-2 4 18

5. Mandan 6-5 5 5

Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:52 pm

I think the polls look good for now. Mandan plays Jamestown tonight at home. Should be a good game.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls