Best Junior in the west?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best Junior in the west?

Postby Ballingman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:50 pm

I think Madi Buck is the best junior basketball player in the west. Shes got the complete package!
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best Junior in the west?

Postby aaronrules » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 pm

between buck, peterson, jossart, and huelsman century probably has the strongest Jr. class in the state
aaronrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:25 pm

Cenutry's junior class is undeniably the best in the state. They athletiscm of jr. girls is very prominent in all major athletics this year, all ready proven by their chamionship in volleyball. Jossart and Buck pull in a close tie for the best in the best junior, possibly best player overall next year.
IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE KING IS COOKIN'
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Burck for Fargo South is a contendor for one of the Best Juniors in the State. Also, Buck and Carli Peterson has to be on the top of the list. Jossart is still to prove herself. She was hurt last year and has only 6.5 points per game doesn't put her in the top.

Remember, this is basketball and not volleyball.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby John Cena » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Eminence wrote:Burck for Fargo South is a contendor for one of the Best Juniors in the State. Also, Buck and Carli Peterson has to be on the top of the list. Jossart is still to prove herself. She was hurt last year and has only 6.5 points per game doesn't put her in the top.

Remember, this is basketball and not volleyball.

That is a valid point but if Jossart doesn't do well, it will be a dissapointment. Buck undoubtably has made herself a contendor along with her cohort Peterson. Burck certainly shouldn't be forgotten though. She had almost had 11 (10.7) ppg last year. Buck leaded century with 12.6, followed by Peterson with 11.6. Buck lead Century in rebounds and assits, closely followed by Peterson in both those stats. Buck recieved all region last year, hopefully progessing to all state. Buck is the probably the best junior in Century basketball. BHS does not appear to have as strong of juniors as CHS.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:15 pm

I haven't seen where there was 2 Miss Basketball Candidates from the same school. I think Buck will be on the top one one the list along with Burck.

I do think the top 3 Century players are Buck, Peterson and Sorenson. Unless she has a better year than those three, she probably won't get any recognition or awards. It's hard for the 3rd person on the team to get recognition, the 4th won't even get mentioned for awards.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Didn't Fargo North have multiple Miss basketball candidates when Mandan upset them in the state championship? 2003?? I think FN had a 40 some game win streak going.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Deuce wrote:Didn't Fargo North have multiple Miss basketball candidates when Mandan upset them in the state championship? 2003?? I think FN had a 40 some game win streak going.

I think one of the Dahlens and Jahner were both up that year? I might be wrong though, I know Jahner was up.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:07 pm

I was able to google the info. Carrisa Jahner (UND) won miss bb and Katie Dahlen (NDSU) was also a finalist. FN won state in 2001 going 25-0, 2002 season switched from fall to winter, and 2003 FN went 24-1. So they had 49 wins in a row.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby John Cena » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:53 am

Are we talking about 2001 or 2008/2009?
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:31 am

John Cena wrote:Are we talking about 2001 or 2008/2009?

Actually 2009/2010. Eminence was wondering if there were ever 2 players from the same team that were Miss Basketball Finalist because we were discussing Century juniors Buck and Peterson.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby John Cena » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Deuce wrote:I was able to google the info. Carrisa Jahner (UND) won miss bb and Katie Dahlen (NDSU) was also a finalist. FN won state in 2001 going 25-0, 2002 season switched from fall to winter, and 2003 FN went 24-1. So they had 49 wins in a row.

Why are you guys are refering to UND and NDSU when the topic is "Best Junior in the west"?
Last edited by John Cena on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:12 pm

See we were talking about Buck and Peterson. Then the topic went to if they could both be up for miss basketball next year. Then eminence stated he wasn't aware of that ever happending. Then I stated I thought it happened at FN around 2003. Then baller threw out that it may have been Jahner and Dahlen. I confirmed that with a little www research and stated the facts. Hope this helps. :wink:
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ballingman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:59 am

I think both Buck and Peterson have strong chances to be Miss Basketball canditates next season
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:01 pm

I agree. I think Buck and Burck will be the top 2 choices but Peterson will have a good chance to be a candidate.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby John Cena » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Ballingman wrote:I think both Buck and Peterson have strong chances to be Miss Basketball canditates next season

Buck and Peterson both are very strong players on the court and help control the game. The two work together well, and all the others team members do a good job working with them. In all all honesty Buck is at the top right now and will remain unless Peterson or Burck step it up.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovebball » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:23 pm

I think people still need to give Jossart a chance and look at other things besides their average points per game...you need to look at who gives the assist wich is a lot of times jossart. She will make a great asset to the team this year. Last year she went down with and acl tear early in the season. Century didnt have a set point gaurd, and they still were a very strong team. I think Jossart could easily take the title best junior in the west...she does still have to prove herself, but in time, she will. Buck and Peterson are up there with her too. Over all I think Century is going to have a great season.
lovebball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:15 pm

lovebball wrote:I think people still need to give Jossart a chance and look at other things besides their average points per game...you need to look at who gives the assist wich is a lot of times jossart. She will make a great asset to the team this year. Last year she went down with and acl tear early in the season. Century didnt have a set point gaurd, and they still were a very strong team. I think Jossart could easily take the title best junior in the west...she does still have to prove herself, but in time, she will. Buck and Peterson are up there with her too. Over all I think Century is going to have a great season.

Unfortunately there are three girls ahead of her and 2 of them are juniors. Unless she averages more points this year than Peterson or Buck, she will have trouble getting noticed at all.

Jossart will not be considered based just on assist which would be no different than a girls having a lot of rebounds but 4th on the team as far as points. Unless she averages more points than the top three, she will have trouble even making the tournament teams. For example, look at Fargo South last year. They took 3rd and had a lot of girls contributing but only 1 girl making the state tournament team and the All State team. Mandan took state and had 3 on the tournament team and 2 on the All state team. If you are the 4th player, you're probably not going to make it.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Ballingman wrote:I think Madi Buck is the best junior basketball player in the west. Shes got the complete package!

madi buck is a good player from the west. my vote goes to siri burck from south as the best throughout the state.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovebball » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Eminence wrote:
lovebball wrote:I think people still need to give Jossart a chance and look at other things besides their average points per game...you need to look at who gives the assist wich is a lot of times jossart. She will make a great asset to the team this year. Last year she went down with and acl tear early in the season. Century didnt have a set point gaurd, and they still were a very strong team. I think Jossart could easily take the title best junior in the west...she does still have to prove herself, but in time, she will. Buck and Peterson are up there with her too. Over all I think Century is going to have a great season.

Unfortunately there are three girls ahead of her and 2 of them are juniors. Unless she averages more points this year than Peterson or Buck, she will have trouble getting noticed at all.

Jossart will not be considered based just on assist which would be no different than a girls having a lot of rebounds but 4th on the team as far as points. Unless she averages more points than the top three, she will have trouble even making the tournament teams. For example, look at Fargo South last year. They took 3rd and had a lot of girls contributing but only 1 girl making the state tournament team and the All State team. Mandan took state and had 3 on the tournament team and 2 on the All state team. If you are the 4th player, you're probably not going to make it.

Jossart is a junior...and there is still plenty of time for her to get her points up...
lovebball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:04 pm

I think Jossart has a chance but inorder to get recognized, she has to be in the top 2 spots in scoring. Look at BHS, two years ago it was Alex Feeney and Karli Gilbertson and last year it was Alex and Sarah Feeney. Jossart definetly has a chance but she just needs to be second in scoring to do it.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lovebball » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:13 am

Eminence wrote:I think Jossart has a chance but inorder to get recognized, she has to be in the top 2 spots in scoring. Look at BHS, two years ago it was Alex Feeney and Karli Gilbertson and last year it was Alex and Sarah Feeney. Jossart definetly has a chance but she just needs to be second in scoring to do it.

I remember the other Jossart, Brittany, getting the 3-point record at Century 2 years ago. Also, she got quarterback club athlete of the year. So I believe she was probably higher than Alex Feeney or Karli Gilbertson. Andrea Lafrance was up there too. Century had an amazing senior class 2 years ago. 6 amazing athletes that were underestimated because they didnt win the state championship. Both Jossarts are blind in one eye. Look at that too. They are amazing athletes for that. If you cover
one eye, and play basketball for a day, you are in the everyday life of both of them. Tough huh?
lovebball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:19 pm

Jezarae LaRocque? She's pretty tough in the post on both defense and offense.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:11 pm

bcourtbraves wrote:Jezarae LaRocque? She's pretty tough in the post on both defense and offense.

The BUCK stops here kiddo... Madi Buck
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:20 pm

I still think Burck is right there too.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Girls