Best class A players

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:24 pm

tough to say really...statistics in basketball enter the realm of nearly being trivial...they really don't mean near as much as some would think from what i can tell. but they are a starting point i guess for players to enter a discussion. i tend to go by things like shooting percentage more than points per game, for example, because it tells you what a player is doing with their time on the floor.

if someone dominates for two and a half quarters a game and then sits the rest, they might not have as good of stats as someone who plays on a horrible team where they are the only option...but the nod would go to the player with team success, in my mind.

i would think that kielpinski is probably at the front of the discussion at this point, but it is also june. tough to say really.
Last edited by rep on Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:31 pm

Kielpinski will win Miss Basketball.  I will bet any money on that.  She'll be a 5 time champion which nobody else is and she is the best player.  She can't lose.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:14 am

LaFrance committed to UND.  Turned down full-ride D-1 offer from Wyoming who was in the NIT tourney and a likely team to make NCAA tourney within the next few years. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:23 pm

commited before her senior year thats weird i would have waited to see what else came in
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:56 am

It's just a commit it doesnt necessarily mean that is where she is going.  She could back out.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby UND9296 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:33 am

Ming01 wrote:It's just a commit it doesnt necessarily mean that is where she is going.  She could back out.

She could, but based upon her comments in this Grand Forks Herald article:

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/colleges/university_of_north_dakota/14992696.htm

it appears unlikely that she will back out. The lure of playing for a very good program close to home, and one which has very good fan support, is pretty strong for a lot of girls. For example, UND sophomore-to-be Kierah Kimbrough turned down Iowa State and dozens of other major conference dI schools to go to UND.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Out of curiousity what was her scholarship for.  Academics, basketball, volleyball...  I can not be sure but I doubt she would get a d1 full ride for basketball unless it is combined with volleyball.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:08 pm

cdub1 wrote:Out of curiousity what was her scholarship for.  Academics, basketball, volleyball...  I can not be sure but I doubt she would get a d1 full ride for basketball unless it is combined with volleyball.

i agree i think the money was big to go to UND verse just guessing Wyoming offered her proboly half of what UND will give her she isn't good enough to get a full-ride D1 for basketball, plus UND has a big fan base because they bring in the local players that is why they kick the money out to these locals
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:34 am

Ditka14 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:Out of curiousity what was her scholarship for.  Academics, basketball, volleyball...  I can not be sure but I doubt she would get a d1 full ride for basketball unless it is combined with volleyball.

i agree i think the money was big to go to UND verse just guessing Wyoming offered her proboly half of what UND will give her she isn't good enough to get a full-ride D1 for basketball, plus UND has a big fan base because they bring in the local players that is why they kick the money out to these locals

Read above. She turned down a full ride for basketball.  They went to the U of Wyoming for a team camp and she was recognized there.  Pardon me if I'm wrong, because I was not there, but I don't think they played volleyball on their free time and the head volleyball coach happened to see her play and decided to give her a scholarship.  Good try though.
Last edited by demonfan74 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby catch22 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:17 am

Ditka14 and Cdub1:

I think she has everything necessary to play at a D-1 level.  She has size and strength for a point guard and an incredible amount of athletic ability.  Unfortunately, many ND preps do not get enough exposure and there for have to settle for other smaller schools.  I also think you are extremely bias, as you are in many other posts. If she played for mandan, you would be saying she could play at all kinds of D-1 schools, but instead you are trying to minimize her accomplishments.  Just give up the credit when it's deserved. 
catch22

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:56 pm

catch22 wrote:Ditka14 and Cdub1:

I think she has everything necessary to play at a D-1 level.  She has size and strength for a point guard and an incredible amount of athletic ability.  Unfortunately, many ND preps do not get enough exposure and there for have to settle for other smaller schools.  I also think you are extremely bias, as you are in many other posts. If she played for mandan, you would be saying she could play at all kinds of D-1 schools, but instead you are trying to minimize her accomplishments.  Just give up the credit when it's deserved. 

She would fail as a D1 point gaurd, see cracks under pressure D1 would make her uncomfortable
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby catch22 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:01 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
catch22 wrote:Ditka14 and Cdub1:

She would fail as a D1 point gaurd, see cracks under pressure D1 would make her uncomfortable

Haha.  And you are qualified to make that assessment on what it takes to be a D-1 PG? and you know how she would feel?  A pressure game for a player is against the top teams in the state and at tourney time.  As a soph I believe she avg. over 15 ppg against mandan alone and single-handedly broke their "almighty press".  As a jr. it was around 17 in post season.  And if she was discovered at a Wyoming camp, that's a huge gamble for a legit D-1 program to take on a player they saw play for a couple days.  Instead of saying she would fail in college, let's first see what she'll do as a sr. in HS and then make predictions. Maybe she's improved since we last saw her go down at state.
catch22

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:34 pm

I was mistaken but I assumed it would be combined with volleyball as she is really good at that also.  There is also no bias at all I have never said anybody from Mandan could thrive at D-1.  If Kielpinski got a D-1 scholarship I think demonfan would say something like she only got it because her dad called the coach 400 times.  I didnt say anything biased at all.  I didnt even say she would fail or anything I just said I didnt think it would be a full ride for only basketball, so actually figure out who the biased ones really are.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndbb » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:29 am

Morgan Dale who is going to be a Soph. for Jamestown will be tough again.  All-Conference as a Freshman.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:45 am

Typically DI and DII schools don't combine scholarship money (VB and BB).  That is more of an NAIA thing.  The reason being that they either give full, 1/2 or walk-on opportunities.

As for LaFrance she will do well where ever she goes.

Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:16 am

cdub1 wrote:I was mistaken but I assumed it would be combined with volleyball as she is really good at that also.  There is also no bias at all I have never said anybody from Mandan could thrive at D-1.  If Kielpinski got a D-1 scholarship I think demonfan would say something like she only got it because her dad called the coach 400 times.  I didnt say anything biased at all.  I didnt even say she would fail or anything I just said I didnt think it would be a full ride for only basketball, so actually figure out who the biased ones really are.

Hey, you said it.  not me.  And I don't think I'm bias... I have had no problem complimenting others. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:57 pm

What did I say and how do I not compliment others.  I compliment many different players who arent just from my town.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:52 am

cdub1 wrote:What did I say and how do I not compliment others.  I compliment many different players who arent just from my town.

You said her dad calls the coach and I never said you don't compliment others.  And then I added I compliment others as well, that are not just from my town.  Don't get all defensive...it's just a post. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd-ball41 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:47 am

Morgan Dale, Chelsea Johnson, and Madey Hornung will all be very solid players this year for the Blue Jays.
nd-ball41

Postby demonfan74 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:33 pm

For Jamestown yes, but not for the wda or even the best class A players.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:25 pm

What are you talking about.  Morgan Dale is an amazing player.  Did you look at the numbers she put up as a freshman.  She isnt going to get worse.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nd-ball41 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:23 pm

cdub1 wrote:What are you talking about.  Morgan Dale is an amazing player.  Did you look at the numbers she put up as a freshman.  She isnt going to get worse.

thank you cdub1..somebody knows what i am talking about
nd-ball41

Postby Mr. Me Too » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:13 pm

Shaunna Knife is a darn good player co'mon people
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:04 am

shauna is amazing and if she had some help more people would notice her

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hi Rizer » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:20 am

[align=left]Kielpinski- Senior Mandan
Ashley Privatski- Junior-Devils Lake
Marley Finlee- Junior- Mandan
[/align]
Hi Rizer

PreviousNext

Return to Girls