Mandan at rock bottom?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan at rock bottom?

Postby SDHoops » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:56 am

I know its summer ball but Mandan just finished 0-4 at the Dakota Showcase and finished dead last at the Twin Cities Classic, a tournament in which they blew out every team last year on their way to the championship.
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Re: Mandan at rock bottom?

Postby Eminence » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:36 am

REALITY CHECK - They were 1 win 3 losses last year. Here's the link.

http://www.missbasketball.com/dakota/20 ... Sheets.pdf
The 2007 stats were still out on the website.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:42 am

But they did get blowen out in the Twin City Classic. Maybe next year they won't be a contendor. WOW!!!! They must not have alot returning but Collins and Jensen.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackbbfan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:37 am

Jensen isn't playing with them this summer....
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:43 am

Iguess Collins isn't playing all the time either. She did play with them in SF but is playing with ECI this summer.

http://www.eciyouth.org/Pages/Teams/Girls/17sWest.html
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:18 am

If Jenson and Collins weren't playing, then of course they will get beat. I bet that is how Coach Amundson works on his other players to get them ready for next year. They seem to be deep every year. I don't see Mandan being "Rock Bottom" with Jenson and Collins next year. I still remember both girls dominating in the Championship Game. SD Hoops, I thought you were all for Mandan!! So does this mean you think Century will be able to take them down?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:46 am

I heard Jensen is in Wisconsin visiting her dad for the summer and that Collins wanted to get to some of the bigger tournaments this summer. So instead of playing the smaller tournaments she's playing with ECI on those weekends and weekends that don't conflict. I'm pretty sure she's going with Mandan to Kentucky and Maryland. I'd be surprised if Jensen didn't play any of them this summer.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SDHoops » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:38 pm

I'm all for Mandan but I'm also realistic. They will likely be a contender again this year in Class A but they will have to fight to get back to the state tournament. Ali Collins is a lot easier to guard when she is basically the only backcourt threat and getting open for shots will become a lot harder for her.
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby cd » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Jensen is playing girls fast pitch with Bismarck - maybe that is why she is not playing basketball tournaments./
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby ball23 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:49 pm

people said it wasn't gonna be there year also...

they still return one of the best pg's in the state and paige jensen is pretty good on the block...

Go Mandan!
ball23

Postby cd » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:08 am

Has anyone heard if Paige Jensen moved with her Mom or is she staying in Mandan?
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:09 am

cd wrote:Has anyone heard if Paige Jensen moved with her Mom or is she staying in Mandan?

She's gone, as of the latest I have heard. Interesting update, I have it from a reliable source, very reliable, that Collins is the number 34 player in the nation in some polls. I have not seen or searched for them, but I have heard this.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby cd » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:04 am

Too bad that Paige couldn't have stuck around for her senior year. Who knows, maybe she won't get to play at her new school! Congrats go out to Ali - that should be great for Mandan this year - hope she stays healthy - should be fun to watch.
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:28 am

cd wrote:Too bad that Paige couldn't have stuck around for her senior year. Who knows, maybe she won't get to play at her new school! Congrats go out to Ali - that should be great for Mandan this year - hope she stays healthy - should be fun to watch.

I wish Paige and her family well. Sometimes family issues come up and life is more than just high school. I figured she may not be coming back after she played against the Mandan JV in Wisconsin on a Bemidji team and then she skipped the big summer tournaments with Mandan in Kentucky and Maryland. Too bad she didn't decide right away because they ate the $ on the airplane tickets and someone else could have gone in her place.

I heard Collins did very well in the all-star games she played in Kentucky. Hopefully she'll get some good looks.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:49 am

cd wrote:Too bad that Paige couldn't have stuck around for her senior year. Who knows, maybe she won't get to play at her new school! Congrats go out to Ali - that should be great for Mandan this year - hope she stays healthy - should be fun to watch.

The sports situation works out well for Paige. She is a D1 caliber pitcher in softball and won state as a seventh and eighth grader, and they don't have softball at Mandan.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:58 pm

Mandan will still be the one to beat. With 6 straight titles, they are still on top until they get beat. I'm sure they will surround Collins with good players. I wouldn't doubt that she is nationally ranked. I didn't see a girl last year that could hold her and her defense made players shake when they seen her coming. She is the best player in ND right now so Mandan could never be at rock bottom.

I agree with Deuce, that sometimes in life there is more important things than basketball. Good luck to Jensen and her family.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:02 pm

Deuce wrote:

I wish Paige and her family well. Sometimes family issues come up and life is more than just high school. I figured she may not be coming back after she played against the Mandan JV in Wisconsin on a Bemidji team and then she skipped the big summer tournaments with Mandan in Kentucky and Maryland. Too bad she didn't decide right away because they ate the $ on the airplane tickets and someone else could have gone in her place.

I heard Collins did very well in the all-star games she played in Kentucky. Hopefully she'll get some good looks.

The only way Collins doesn't go D1 is if she gets hurt or doesn't want to play anymore.

I'm interested in people like Feeny, Dale, and Knife. Does anyone know what type of offers they are getting. I understand if they don't want people to know, but I'm just curious.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby trackbbfan » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Knife visited U-Mary last week or the week before. Feeney is getting D-1 looks.....not sure about Dale.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:48 pm

balla45 wrote:

The sports situation works out well for Paige. She is a D1 caliber pitcher in softball and won state as a seventh and eighth grader, and they don't have softball at Mandan.

Sher played fastpitch softball for the Bismarck High-Century-Mandan team last spring. I saw her play three times in Fargo and at the ND State Softball tournement last spring in Minot. While she is a good softball player, she is not a D-1 calibar player.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby balla45 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:28 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Sher played fastpitch softball for the Bismarck High-Century-Mandan team last spring. I saw her play three times in Fargo and at the ND State Softball tournement last spring in Minot. While she is a good softball player, she is not a D-1 calibar player.

I heard she was, I don't know anything about girls' softball, but that is what I have heard.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Nodak Guy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:37 pm

I don't see Mandan ever being at rock bottom over the next 10 years. The program that they have into the elementary is crazy. I bet Amundson has them scouted and a list of "studs" coming up. Six in a row says it all.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ball23 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:53 pm

trackbbfan wrote:Knife visited U-Mary last week or the week before. Feeney is getting D-1 looks.....not sure about Dale.

I know that Knife has been getting looks from D-I colleges since she's been a sophomore. I wouldn't doubt she stays in state so her family can watch her play at a high level. Whatever she decides to do, I'm sure there is a good reason for it and goodluck to her this year.
ball23

Postby Irish » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:17 am

Nodak Guy wrote:I don't see Mandan ever being at rock bottom over the next 10 years. The program that they have into the elementary is crazy. I bet Amundson has them scouted and a list of "studs" coming up. Six in a row says it all.

Mandan is going to be strong for a long while. Winning rubs off on kids and makes the younger ones want to be a part of that. If my kid lived in Mandan, I would be pushing them from age 10 to want to play on a state championship team. Summer means nothing
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby trackbbfan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Mandan will again be strong...but, Century and Bismarck High will give them some good games. Century has a great junior class and the Demons have some athletes with Feeney leading.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:16 pm

trackbbfan wrote:Mandan will again be strong...but, Century and Bismarck High will give them some good games. Century has a great junior class and the Demons have some athletes with Feeney leading.

2 things........collins..........coaching....enuff said

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls