More coaching merry-go-round -Wahpeton coach?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

More coaching merry-go-round -Wahpeton coach?

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Thu May 15, 2008 1:13 pm

I was glancing at the Wahpeton paper and i saw a little blurb that said "Toviao Hopkins has been offered the position of head girls’ basketball coach at Wahpeton High School, pending school board approval on Friday, June 6." It was just that one sentence. I didn't realize that Rod Brueur had quit. Is this a misprint or did I miss something? :?: Anyone know any more details?
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Re: More coaching merry-go-round -Wahpeton coach?

Postby Baller » Thu May 15, 2008 2:03 pm

I don't know the details, but I saw that they had been advertising in the classifieds for a few months now.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sat May 17, 2008 7:56 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:I was glancing at the Wahpeton paper and i saw a little blurb that said "Toviao Hopkins has been offered the position of head girls’ basketball coach at Wahpeton High School, pending school board approval on Friday, June 6." It was just that one sentence. I didn't realize that Rod Brueur had quit. Is this a misprint or did I miss something? :?: Anyone know any more details?

Taviao Hopkins from Gwinner, ND? What is he doing in Wahpeton? Is he a teacher?
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rkmt » Tue May 20, 2008 8:49 am

I believe Hopkins teaches Elementary PE
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby T-Hops » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:01 pm

Hey all. I am new to your sight and am finding it very interesting. Yes, I am teaching Elementary PE. My family am I live in Breckenridge MN and I teach at Central Elementary in Wahpeton. I was, in fact, recnetly named the Head girls BAsketball coach at Wahpeton High School. I have over 20 years of coaching experience, but the last time I coached High School ball was the varsity boys at North Sargent in Gwinner back in the mid 90's. And before anyone says it... yes I love a challenge.
T-Hops
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 pm

T-Hops wrote:Hey all. I am new to your sight and am finding it very interesting. Yes, I am teaching Elementary PE. My family am I live in Breckenridge MN and I teach at Central Elementary in Wahpeton. I was, in fact, recnetly named the Head girls BAsketball coach at Wahpeton High School. I have over 20 years of coaching experience, but the last time I coached High School ball was the varsity boys at North Sargent in Gwinner back in the mid 90's. And before anyone says it... yes I love a challenge.

Good luck fam. You used to cut my hair if you don't remember haha.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls