BHS Coach steps down

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

BHS Coach steps down

Postby eyeinthesky » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:04 pm

KX news reported that Steve Meier is stepping down at Bismarck High. A quality guy and I wish him and his family all the best.
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Re: BHS Coach steps down

Postby cd » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:50 pm

This is probably best for the BHS girls team to have him step down.
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby tellmeaboutit » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:06 pm

I can't believe the grief that Steve Meier gets from his own school's fans. He led the girls to a 2nd place finish at state, losing to Mandan. I'd think you'd want to keep a coach like that around.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby upnext » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:30 pm

If i was the BHS AD i would be calling the Mandan Braves and offering Marv Pederson the bank!! That may be the only way to a championship is going out and getting the ASST to the big dog across the river
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon201 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:39 pm

upnext wrote:If i was the BHS AD i would be calling the Mandan Braves and offering Marv Pederson the bank!! That may be the only way to a championship is going out and getting the ASST to the big dog across the river

You're kidding, right? Please oh please tell me you're kidding. There are numerous coaches in the Bismarck system that have the ability AND personality to effectively guide BHS. One of them will be tapped and will shine.

Thanks Steve for all you did - you're a class act who's endured a lot of crap while winning more games than others before you ... thanks for the memories.
demon201
NDPreps Reserve

Postby upnext » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:44 pm

bhs201---it called titles and the asst across the river has six count em six in a row and would help bring the tenacous defense over here--believe it or not...none of meier's assts are ready for that job..and if your talking junior high coaches get real;;;seriously wake up demons and take your best bet..Marv P
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:31 am

maybe he will be the next boys coach in Mandan?????????
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:58 am

All of his assistants quit as well. Except maybe brunner. They had the best talent in the state this year. He wasnt a great coach but was ok. The girls also had a problems with each other this year they didn't stick together very well at times and some had some bad blood with one another
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby CHS » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:26 am

Well I am putting in . Who do I contact, I have heard back from Minot already but would want to be closer to home in BHS. Any help would be appreciated.
CHS

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:04 am

Here is a link to the school website. I'd call the office and ask who is accepting the resumes for the position.

http://www.bhs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby CHS » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:12 am

Thank you ND sportsfan
CHS

Postby eyeinthesky » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:27 am

King James wrote:All of his assistants quit as well. Except maybe brunner. They had the best talent in the state this year. He wasnt a great coach but was ok. The girls also had a problems with each other this year they didn't stick together very well at times and some had some bad blood with one another

Sounds to me like the players were a big part of the problem. Doesn't matter how good or bad a coach you are if you have players that don't want to play with each other.

Bottom line here is this is high school athletics and Steve is a good man. Winning titles is not the be all and end all........
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:04 am

eyeinthesky wrote:
King James wrote:All of his assistants quit as well. Except maybe brunner. They had the best talent in the state this year. He wasnt a great coach but was ok. The girls also had a problems with each other this year they didn't stick together very well at times and some had some bad blood with one another

Sounds to me like the players were a big part of the problem. Doesn't matter how good or bad a coach you are if you have players that don't want to play with each other.

Bottom line here is this is high school athletics and Steve is a good man. Winning titles is not the be all and end all........

here was the problems with the players... some of them didn't like each other and they didn't like steve cause if he would make practice to easy the would complain and say he is not a good coach cause he is to soft and not even trying or something... if he would make practice to hard they would get mad and quit because they are afraid of hard work... i have had a couple of girls tell me they if amundson was the head coach at bhs they would quit and what that tells me is that they are 1. affraid of hard work and 2. they are afraid of getting yelled at... untill the girls at bhs start to be more like the bhs boys or the mandan girls and work hard and can handle the critisism NOONE is going to succeed at head girls basketball coach at bhs it was a loose loose situation for meier
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:10 pm

I'm closing this topic because they always break down into finger pointing and accusations and really that's not fair to anybody associated with the programs. I'm sure BHS has the same problems associated with any coaching positions, probably no better, no worse.

I'm sure whoever is hired by BHS will make the program into their own and have continued success.

Thanks.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls