grand forks central

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

grand forks central

Postby bball14 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:32 pm

central i heard maybe losing a player or two, have you heard anything?
Last edited by bball14 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bball14
NDPreps Rookie

Re: grand forks central

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:49 am

Who are they returning?
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grlsbballfan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:23 pm

They return the hammer girls and a pretty good post player Farroh.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Nodak Guy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:43 am

How did the new coaching staff do that year? Are they going to be able to get the most out of the girls next season and compete in the EDC?
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:06 pm

It is fun to watch how much these athletes improve each year. It is totally up to each athlete to determine how much they want it. It is a personal decision and all I hope for is that they don't look back someday and wish that they would have worked at it harder.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfballer09 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:15 am

I thought that the coaching staff did a pretty good job this year. They are very young, I think all under or around 30. The only problem that I see next year is problems with parents. I heard that was a big problem at the end of this year. Hintz plays the best players no matter what grade they are in. He will have a lot of good Sophomores next year that played this year as freshman. There will also be a lot of seniors on this team next year that might not play as much as these sophomores. I think that might cause some inner problems with the team. I could be wrong, but that is what I observed.
gfballer09

Postby BBAngel » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Central beat Fargo South in the MSU Team Camp last weekend. In fact they did not lose any games during the camp. Burck from Fargo South and Hammer from Central were not there. Burck is having knee problems and Hammer was at an ECI tourney.
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:16 pm

BBAngel wrote:Central beat Fargo South in the MSU Team Camp last weekend. In fact they did not lose any games during the camp. Burck from Fargo South and Hammer from Central were not there. Burck is having knee problems and Hammer was at an ECI tourney.

There is nothing wrong with Burck's knee...she had back surgery to repair a herniated disk at the end of May.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:54 pm

South was without both Burck and Katie Lee, so they didnt have two starters at this tournament, Central will be a very good team, but dont put too much into who wins and doesnt win at summer tournaments, summer and regular season are two different things.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfballer09 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:42 am

I agree summer league doesn't mean much. I'll admit I've never seen a team camp game, but I can't imagine it's the same intensity. Probably gave Central some good confidence though.
gfballer09

Postby bruins44 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:31 am

gfballer09 wrote:I agree summer league doesn't mean much. I'll admit I've never seen a team camp game, but I can't imagine it's the same intensity. Probably gave Central some good confidence though.

No question beating South at the MSUM tournament will give Central confidence going into the season next year... anytime you beat a team that is picked to be one of the best in the EDC has got to give your team a big confidence boost! but I remember two years ago, Central beat South at this same summer camp and South went on to beat Central during the season by 25 or more all three times they played.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pbhoopsters » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:07 pm

I think Grand Forks Central will be a good team this year. Caitlin Farroh is getting better with every tournament she plays in this summer. At this weekend's team camp they came very close to beating Jamestown. It was within 1 with about a minute to go - I think Jamestown won by 4 or 6. Novotny was not playing for Central. Both Dale and Ramlo played for Jamestown. With crazy team camp rules, too much should not be read into this however. Also, coaches sub at team camps in ways they probably would not do during the season.

Down in the Miss Basketball Tournament, in Kearney Nebraska, Farroh was listed as one of the top 15 scorers after 3 days of competition. Though they did not keep track of rebounds there is no question she was one of the tops in that category as well. She hit a game winning shot in an overtime thriller at that tournament.

Kari Novotny is also a good player. She is an excellent shooter when she decides to shoot the ball. Her confidence seems to be growing and that will make Central a better team as well.

It sounds like Central will probably start 3 sophmores and 2 seniors. I think they will be a good team for the next few years. Along with the girls already mentioned under this topic I think the Fee girl is also a player to watch for. She is a young athletic guard who really runs the floor well.
Last edited by pbhoopsters on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pbhoopsters

Postby BBAngel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:49 pm

PBHoopster you bring up good points however you do not have the entire story in your post.
Hammer also played in the Miss Basketball tourney in Kearney, NE with Farroh. Hammer was listed in the Top 30 Individual performers for 3 ptrs in the final overall statistics as she had 4 in one game.

Hammer did not play on Friday in the MSU team camp as she is recoverying from an injury and is not playing at her full potential. Hammer received EDC all conference as Freshman as well as Farroh. Central is going to have a good team that is for sure.
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pbhoopsters » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:56 pm

BBAngel wrote:PBHoopster you bring up good points however you do not have the entire story in your post.
Hammer also played in the Miss Basketball tourney in Kearney, NE with Farroh. Hammer was listed in the Top 30 Individual performers for 3 ptrs in the final overall statistics as she had 4 in one game.

Hammer did not play on Friday in the MSU team camp as she is recoverying from an injury and is not playing at her full potential. Hammer received EDC all conference as Freshman as well as Farroh. Central is going to have a good team that is for sure.

I did not over look Hammer I was just unaware of her performance down in Kearney. She and Farroh played on different teams.
pbhoopsters

Postby BBAngel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:58 am

Looks like Central has a good chance to go to state this year according to Miss Hoopster.
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoopster1 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:34 am

Is the hoopster out? I haven't seen it yet. Who do they have in their rankings?
hoopster1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Irish » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:29 pm

BBAngel wrote:Looks like Central has a good chance to go to state this year according to Miss Hoopster.

Lets hope they go to state. Have to only be above 4 other teams on their half the state. They have some talent but still questions with the head coach.
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBAngel » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:30 pm

According to Miss Hoopster 08-09 these are the predictions

EAST

1. Fargo South
2. Central
3. Red River
4. Devils Lake
5. West Fargo
6. Fargo North
7. Shanley
8. Wahpeton
9. Valley City

WEST

1. Mandan
2. Century
3. Bismarck
4. Jamestown
5. Dickinson
6. Belcourt
7. Minot
8. Williston
9. St. Mary’s
BBAngel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:24 am

Round 1: South vrs Jamestown??? That will be a good game. If South wins, then they would have to beat Century?? If South wins again, then they would have to beat Mandan! Any predictions? West looks tough again.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopster1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:43 am

If I were a betting man, which I am, I would put anything on the west. I would take Mandan, Century or Bismarck over South, and South is the cream of the crop in the East
hoopster1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:51 am

I would think so too. On the other side.
Round 1: Mandan vrs Devils Lake, Mandan vrs Bismarck and then Mandan vrs (South, Century or Jamestown). Mandan should win over DL and Bismarck. I think Bismarck would be the closer team but they lost alot.

South doesn't play against enough pressure during the year to be able to compete against all three west teams. South may get by Jamestown in round 1 but I don't think they will get past Century in round 2. I don't think either team will stop Mandan because of the pressure and the players Mandan has.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:52 am

hoopster1 wrote:If I were a betting man, which I am, I would put anything on the west. I would take Mandan, Century or Bismarck over South, and South is the cream of the crop in the East

I strongly disagree. I would say maybe Mandan and maybe Century but this is my state rankings go as such:

1. South
2. Mandan
3. Century
4. BHS
5. Central
6. Jamestown
7. Shanley
8. Red River.

So yes, I think that the West is overall stronger, but South will play with the big dogs.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:16 pm

So you are saying that South will be so dominating that they will beat Jamestown, then Century and then Mandan???

It will be hard for South because they don't play against that level of play except for maybe a few games at the beginning of the season. Unless there are teams that step up in the east to give South some competition, they won't be at the same level as the West. They just don't have the competition to make them better. Compared to Mandan who goes to the Gilette WY tournament. Look at how much better they are every year by the end of the season. South has a good team but I wouldn't say they are dominating.

Hoopster had them ranked ????
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 pm

I did not say anything about dominating, I said that they will play with all of those teams and IMO I have them ranked #1
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoopster1 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:21 pm

I agree that the West will be dominant again. However we still have 6-7 weeks before the first practice. Each of the top teams is, God forbid, one serious injury away from becoming a shell of themselves. I don't think this argument will be relevent until February.
hoopster1
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Girls