2008-2009 season

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2008-2009 season

Postby gfballer09 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:39 pm

I agree that South definitely has the player to win not just the EDC but state. I think this is finally the year that ends the West dominance. South is going to be great. Central might be competing with South for the top. They return everyone and my sister told me that they might be getting a pretty good player coming in from somewhere in Minnesota, Lake Park Audubon I believe. I don't know if this is legit or not, but I heard she is very good. Devils Lake will be strong returning a lot. Red River is going to surprise some people as well. I think those 4 teams will make a strong showing for the East next year at state.
gfballer09

Postby balla45 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:00 pm

With the best player in Class A, Mandan is looking pretty good. Also return a very good post player in Jensen, with alot more back off of the bench.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby gfballer09 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:12 pm

I agree that the favorite has to be Mandan. If they took the floor with 5 7th graders I would pick them to win. I just like the way the east is going to look next year. I'm not say it is going to happen but next year looks better than any other year.
gfballer09

Postby Eminence » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:24 am

I wouldn't go that far but I do have to agree with ball45 that Mandan is the favorite with Collins returning. You have to also look at Century and all of the starters they are returning. BHS will depend on their ability to fill the post play. Losing Alex and Gilbertson will be a big blow for them and I don't see them replacing that quality soon. Jamestown lost their guards and outside shooter. Without that, everyone will pack the lane and Dale/Ramlo will not be as effective. I predict Mandan and Century beating Jamestown but splitting with BHS. Mandan will beat Century because of Collins and their depth.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Wed May 07, 2008 4:27 pm

Feeney will have just as good of numbers as collins, Sigl scored 10 a game this year, Buechler is going to be good, and sturlaugson is a good point guard. they need to get a coach whos going to push them
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed May 07, 2008 6:26 pm

King James wrote:Feeney will have just as good of numbers as collins, Sigl scored 10 a game this year, Buechler is going to be good, and sturlaugson is a good point guard. they need to get a coach whos going to push them

Collins is a D-1 point guard. Feeney has to be somewhere around there too. Jensen scored about 10 a game. Sigl scored about 10 a game. Zander is a solid player. Buechler is a solid player. So it looks like a fairly even match up, but the last point you made is the biggest one. Will Bismarck's coach be able to push them more than Amundson can push the Mandan girls? All I can say is that it should be a fun season to watch.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Thu May 08, 2008 7:59 am

Century will beat BHS. BHS does not have an answer for Buck and Sorenson. Century will have to shut down Feeney which will be BHS's only answer. I predict Century over BHS by 10. Mandan is the only team that has a dominate post and guard. Also, the difference between Collins and Feeney is that Collins can hold Feeney but Feeney cannot hold Collins. Was obvious in the state championship game. Both are good D-1 prospects.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Girls