All State Team

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All State Team

Postby Eminence » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:51 am

Who would be your picks?
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: All State Team

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:55 am

1st Team:

Alex Feeny

Marlee Finley

Ali Collins

Lexi Braun

Mara Paulson

2nd Team:

Sarah Feeny

Caitlyn Haring

Morgan Dale

Paige Jensen

Kylie Messer
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:09 am

I would agree with those picks.

Njos and Buck also had good years. Might substitute Buck for Messer just because Century took 5th but I do like the way Messer plays.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:12 pm

Eminence wrote:I would agree with those picks.

Njos and Buck also had good years. Might substitute Buck for Messer just because Century took 5th but I do like the way Messer plays.

ya.....no team that doesnt make the wda should have an all-stater
demon_fan14

Postby grlsbballfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:47 pm

I would agree with most of them but I think I would substitute Amy stroup from south instead of Paige Jenson. I no Miss jenson is a good player but the two stats are almost identical, and Amy is a senior and Paige is a Junior so you have to go with the senior.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:55 pm

grlsbballfan wrote:I would agree with most of them but I think I would substitute Amy stroup from south instead of Paige Jenson. I no Miss jenson is a good player but the two stats are almost identical, and Amy is a senior and Paige is a Junior so you have to go with the senior.

Why do you go with the senior?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby grlsbballfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:12 pm

I think you go with the senior because her high school career is over and Paige has one more year to prove herself. It would be different if Paige stats blew Amy out of the water but they are almost the same.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:15 pm

grlsbballfan wrote:I think you go with the senior because her high school career is over and Paige has one more year to prove herself. It would be different if Paige stats blew Amy out of the water but they are almost the same.

If I was voting, I would just give it to both. Noone will comlain if there are 6 on the second team.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby grlsbballfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:19 pm

balla45 wrote:
grlsbballfan wrote:I think you go with the senior because her high school career is over and Paige has one more year to prove herself. It would be different if Paige stats blew Amy out of the water but they are almost the same.

If I was voting, I would just give it to both. Noone will comlain if there are 6 on the second team.

That is avery good idea.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:39 pm

trust me. they will complain.
rep

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:03 pm

rep wrote:trust me. they will complain.

I didn't state that a good way. Do you think there would be more complaints if one was left off or if an extra was added?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:15 pm

grlsbballfan wrote:I would agree with most of them but I think I would substitute Amy stroup from south instead of Paige Jenson. I no Miss jenson is a good player but the two stats are almost identical, and Amy is a senior and Paige is a Junior so you have to go with the senior.

I think that Stroup is a good players, but you need to look at the fact that Jensen is the 3rd option on her team and put up those numbers and Stroup is the 1st option on hers.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:15 pm

balla45 wrote:
rep wrote:trust me. they will complain.

I didn't state that a good way. Do you think there would be more complaints if one was left off or if an extra was added?

it has been my experience that if someone is left off there will be complaints. if someone is added, that opens up the can of complaints that X player has just as good of stats as Y and Z but was left off.

the awards are a no-win situation when it comes to complaints simply because there are more people that aren't getting the award than are getting the award. i have yet to see a team that hasn't raised at least some complaints. i don't want to say the complaints are legit, because the team is what it is, but it seems like there is always someone(s) that is/are deserving that doesn't make the team.
rep

Postby grlsbballfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Baller wrote:

I think that Stroup is a good players, but you need to look at the fact that Jensen is the 3rd option on her team and put up those numbers and Stroup is the 1st option on hers.

I would have to disagree with you on that jensens has 203 attempts for a third option and stroup has 121 attempts for a first option. That just proves my point further they average the same points at 11.8 per game with stroup shooting 82 attempts less.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:44 pm

balla45 wrote:

If i was voting....id vote for the state champ
demon_fan14

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:21 am

its going to be hard for any girl from south to make all-state. not saying they're not deserving or are not one of the best players, but south was so balanced none of their stats stand out - at least scoring anyways. haring's steals, asts, and rebs are good. i disagree with the statement stroup was south's first option. i don't think they really had a "1st option" they freqeuntly had a different player lead them in scoring all season. i'd have to look it up, but i bet they had at least 6 different girls lead them in scoring this season at least once. the people who vote on it only look at stats. look at lexi braun. the talk above was about 1st option or 3rd option or whatever. lexi braun was the only option for wahpeton, thats why her scoring/rebounding are up. not saying shes not a good player, but put her on souths team or shanley or mandan, bis, etc - would she stand out as one of the best players in the state? :?:
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:34 am

EastGuruWannabe wrote:its going to be hard for any girl from south to make all-state. not saying they're not deserving or are not one of the best players, but south was so balanced none of their stats stand out - at least scoring anyways. haring's steals, asts, and rebs are good. i disagree with the statement stroup was south's first option. i don't think they really had a "1st option" they freqeuntly had a different player lead them in scoring all season. i'd have to look it up, but i bet they had at least 6 different girls lead them in scoring this season at least once. the people who vote on it only look at stats. look at lexi braun. the talk above was about 1st option or 3rd option or whatever. lexi braun was the only option for wahpeton, thats why her scoring/rebounding are up. not saying shes not a good player, but put her on souths team or shanley or mandan, bis, etc - would she stand out as one of the best players in the state? :?:

FSH regular season stats can be fourn on this link. Burck, Stroup and Anstadt stats were about same.
http://fargosouthgirlsbasketball.com/ed ... hgirls.htm
They had a very balanced team. Also, look at the minutes played then compare them to other players. South often had huge leads by halftime and their starters sat the bench most of second half.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:30 pm

Congratulations Aleshia Collins.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:51 am

From the forum:

BISMARCK – Does the all-state player make the team or does the team produce the all-stater?

You can argue that chicken-or-the-egg riddle for eternity.

But, happenstance or not, the two state championship game rivals each placed two players on the Class A girls all-state basketball team.

First team members include Marlee Finley and Ali Collins of state champion Mandan and Alex Feeney and Sarah Feeney of runner-up Bismarck High. Completing the team are Mara Paulson of Fargo Shanley and Morgan Dale of Jamestown. A tie in the voting led to a six-member first team.

Finley, Alex Feeney and Paulson are seniors. The other three are juniors.

Fargo Shanley’s Mara Paulson earned first-team honors Tuesday for the North Dakota Class A girls all-state basketball team. Forum file photo
The second team members – also chosen after a voting deadlock – are Lexi Braun of Wahpeton, Caitlyn Haring of Fargo South, Kylie Messer of Bismarck St. Mary’s, Jamie Njos of Williston, Amber Ramlo of Jamestown and Sarah Smith of Grand Forks Red River. All are seniors except Haring and Ramlo, who are juniors.

Alex Feeney is a two-time first-teamer. Collins and Braun were second-team picks a year ago. Finley was twice a second-team Class B all-state pick at Four Winds-Warwick as a freshman and sophomore before moving to Mandan last year.

Finley, a 5-foot-11 Miss Basketball finalist, and Collins, a 5-8 guard, contributed to Mandan’s championship run in much different ways.

“Normally I have a person who is kind of the hub of our team, but these two were like dual axles,” coach Greg Amundson said. “One was a point guard and the other was a power forward, but both at different times of the season took charge and did a wonderful job for us.”

“Finley is one of the most skilled players I’ve ever had. She can do anything with the basketball,” Amundson said.

Collins had to become more of a force as the Braves won their sixth straight state championship.

Collins averaged 16 points, three assists and five steals. She knocked down 24

3-pointers and shot 51 percent from the field and 76 percent at the line.

Finley averaged 14 points, seven rebounds, and three steals. She shot 59.4 percent from the field and 85 percent from the free throw line and connected for 36

3-pointers. She finished her high school career with 1,888 points.

Alex Feeney, also a Miss Basketball finalist, was the only unanimous pick on the team. Her sister, Sarah, is a 6-2 guard.

Alex averaged 16 points and eight rebounds while connecting at a 54 percent pace from the field and 73 percent at the foul line. Sarah averaged 14 points, seven rebounds, three assists and three steals per game. She swished 22 3-pointers.

Paulson, 6-1, boosted her offensive output from 12 points per game as a junior to 18 as a senior. She averaged seven rebounds, shot 75 percent on free throws and was a nifty 14-for-27 from 3-point range.

“Mara has been extremely valuable to us,” Shanley coach Tim Jacobson said. “She’s been the main building block to this team. She handled the ball extremely well for a 6-1 forward. She has sure hands, good shot selection and she’s calm under duress. When we had to have a basket, we started looking in her direction.”

The 5-11 Dale went from being primarily an inside player to an all-around threat. She averaged 16 points, seven rebounds, five assists and three steals. She nailed 19 3-pointers with 38.8 percent accuracy.

Members of the second team:

- The 5-10 Braun, averaged 18 points and nine rebounds for Wahpeton. She was the leading scorer in the Class A ranks.

- Haring, a 5-7 forward contributed to South’s third-place finish in every way imaginable. She averaged seven points, nine rebounds, six assists and four steals for the Bruins. She was a 73.8 percent free throw shooter.

- Messer, 5-11, was the only Class A player to average a double-double. She carried a 14.6 scoring average with a rebounding average of 10.5.

- Njos, 5-10, put up 17.7 points, six rebounds and three steals per game. She hit 19 of 39 3-pointers for 48.7 percent efficiency.

- Ramlo, a 5-11 post, scored at a 14-point pace and averaged seven rebounds. She was a deadly 79.4 percent fee throw shooter and scored on 51 percent of her shots from the floor.

- Smith, 5-11, shot 51 percent from the field and 78 percent at the free throw line. She averaged 13 points per game and eight rebounds per game.

My predictions were close: Mine had Jenson on it and not Ramlo, Smith, or Njos.
This is a great list. Congratulations to all the girls.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grlsbballfan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:00 pm

congrats to all the girls who made the all state team.I thought the picks that were made were accurate and very well deserving.
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguruguy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Does anyone have any idea when this years all-state team will be announced?
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsguruguy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:30 pm

thank you
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls