Century - Cinderella Team

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Century - Cinderella Team

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:23 pm

No one expected Century to make it to the state tournament. Not only did they make it but they are the Consolation Champs and had a 1st year coach who did an awesome job. This team returns almost their whole team so look out for them next year.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Century - Cinderella Team

Postby bruins44 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Century finished very well... how did they ever lose to Minot 3 times.... they looked so much better than Minot at the State A...
South loses only 2 of their top 8 players so they will be very good also.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grlsbballfan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Yes century is going to be be a very nice team next year with the two big juniors in which will be seniors next season.They played south very tough in the opening round of the state tournament,I just don't see how minot beat them all three times they met this season.I to agree with with bruins44 look out for south next year getting excellent play from young players
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:04 pm

Maddie Buck is only a Sophmore and they had injuries in the guard area and were playing very inexperienced guards who stepped up.

South will be good also because they return both a good center and good guard.

Jamestown loses their point guard (Hornung) and shooter (Schugaard). They didn't have a lot of play from their bench this year and it will be interesting who they will have for their guards.

BHS looses most of their quality players (Alex Feeney, Gilbertson and Remnicks). They do return Sigl and Sarah Feeney. They also have guards Schlaguson and Beechler who seen some playing time.

Mandan will still be the one to bet on because the return Collins who dominates most of the teams. They also bring back their center Jensen who took over the 2nd half against BHS on Sat.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:07 pm

didnt BHS win both the sophomore and JV titles?? if so they will be very good also
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:20 pm

Their JV team included their Varsity players that were juniors except Sarah Feeney and Sigl the last half of the year. Mandan's JV played Freshman and Sophmores and maybe 1 or 2 juniors. Jamestown and Century's used their Juniors on Varsity.

It's hard to tell based on the JV because alot of teams have moved their best players in that grade up. However, BHS will still be a good team just not as powerful as they were this year. There still was only 1 team that ever beat them this year.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grlsbballfan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:05 pm

Eminence wrote:Maddie Buck is only a Sophmore and they had injuries in the guard area and were playing very inexperienced guards who stepped up.

South will be good also because they return both a good center and good guard.

Jamestown loses their point guard (Hornung) and shooter (Schugaard). They didn't have a lot of play from their bench this year and it will be interesting who they will have for their guards.

BHS looses most of their quality players (Alex Feeney, Gilbertson and Remnicks). They do return Sigl and Sarah Feeney. They also have guards Schlaguson and Beechler who seen some playing time.

Mandan will still be the one to bet on because the return Collins who dominates most of the teams. They also bring back their center Jensen who took over the 2nd half against BHS on Sat.

I think south has more than just one good guard coming back, the team is very deep at the guard position. Look out for them next year. I predict a 4th EDC title in 4 straight years
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:22 pm

I just noticed #15, the tall guard was back. Which guards do they have back and were they starters?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:29 pm

Eminence wrote:I just noticed #15, the tall guard was back. Which guards do they have back and were they starters?

The two posts are the only players they lose
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:32 pm

WOW, your right then. They will be sitting great for next year. Good Luck FS.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soykevinendall » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:24 pm

century's big two players (madi buck, carli peterson), both who made all tourney team, one unanimous(peterson), are both sophomores. look out next year. and century only loses two players from this years team. they will also return jessica sitz and erika jossart from torn acl's.
"There's something about St. Mary's that brings it out."
"I've been off lately, but I got in a rhythm and started making some shots. I wanted the ball. At the end I wanted to be the one to put it away."
"We really wanted it and we never gave up. We just kept battling."
soykevinendall
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls