"I don't have 500+ wins for nothing"

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

"I don't have 500+ wins for nothing"

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:20 pm

This was coach Amundson's comments on tv at halftime of the championship game. The comment came out of nowhere. What do others think?
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: "I don't have 500+ wins for nothing"

Postby rep » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:23 pm

he doesn't have 500 wins for nothing
rep

Postby upnext » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:45 pm

Truth hurts!! doesnt it BHS fans!!
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby mandanfanalso » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:59 pm

On many occasions, Coach Amundson has given the Mandan Girls the praise that they deserve. He has remarked on how much these girls have improved this season and how happy he is with the motivation, effort, and heart they put into this game. I am almost positive that he did not mean it the way some of you are taking it. There comes a time that people need to just let it go and say CONGRATULATIONS MANDAN!
mandanfanalso
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:51 pm

mandanfanalso wrote:On many occasions, Coach Amundson has given the Mandan Girls the praise that they deserve. He has remarked on how much these girls have improved this season and how happy he is with the motivation, effort, and heart they put into this game. I am almost positive that he did not mean it the way some of you are taking it. There comes a time that people need to just let it go and say CONGRATULATIONS MANDAN!

Congratulations Mandan!! they were the best team! Amundson was Coach of the Year!! I think the tournament finished just the way it should have... Mandan, BHS, South and Shanley. they were the 4 best teams all year!!

as far as one of the locked topics, according to the State program Amundson was State coach of the year twice before this year... 1991 and 1997.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 2008tournement » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:19 pm

It was fantastic to see the huge crowd for the Mandan and Bismarck game! Their communities give their girls great support.
2008tournement

Postby flyguy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:15 pm

2008tournement wrote:It was fantastic to see the huge crowd for the Mandan and Bismarck game! Their communities give their girls great support.

Yea there were alot of people representing there home team....i though BHS wanna gonna make the comeback down by 8 with 6 left...but mandans.....BACKUP...guards prevailed.Congradulations Mandan!!!!!!6PEAT!!!!!
flyguy

Postby cd » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:21 am

Don't know what this is all about and the criticizing of Amundson but anyway, he is a great coach and you have to be a strong person to play for him. He gets the job done and has a record that few other coaches will ever be able to reach and hold. He knows what he is doing and his girls usually can come through for him. He imay not be well liked by his peer coaches as some people have said but guess he has a lot to be "jealous" of. Hope he continues to coach for many years to come.

Go BRAVES!!!!
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:10 am

When Amundson made coach of the year, the Mandan Fans errupted with joy, the players rushed over to him, giving him hugs of joy and you could see the support he has. Great player, coaches and fans.

On the other side, you had parents coaching from the sidelines and the blogs on this site show the lack of support from BHS. It's hard to win championships without support. Congrats to Steve Meier for getting his team to the Championship game and only 3 losses for the year.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:23 pm

This topic is lame greg amundson is the greatest nd girls or boys coach ever and can say whatever he wants because he is legit........he could be so much cockier
demon_fan14

Postby flyguy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:32 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:This topic is lame greg amundson is the greatest nd girls or boys coach ever and can say whatever he wants because he is legit........he could be so much cockier

Wow surprising a demon would say that but its the turth...
flyguy

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:33 pm

flyguy wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:This topic is lame greg amundson is the greatest nd girls or boys coach ever and can say whatever he wants because he is legit........he could be so much cockier

Wow surprising a demon would say that but its the turth...

ya....i wasnt impressed with stevey meir this year......our girls were so nasty and they couldnt win
demon_fan14

Postby grlsbballfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:57 pm

I thought Bismarck demons had an Excellent season, just because they didn't win the big game don't take

anything away from them. Greg Amundson is the best coach i've seen in my lifetime. The records speek a thousand words
grlsbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:16 pm

I am not anti-Amundson, I just heard the comment and it just came out of the blue while I was listening to the interview. He is a tremendous coach, you can see that his players really enjoy playing FOR him. That doesn't happen all the time. It didn't seem to bother anyone much or we would have heard more negative comments. I just don't expect coaches to express that much self-confidence, so it surprised me a little bit, that's all. I'll say it again, he gets girls to play for him and thats all that matters. I'm sure he will continue to produce top quality teams well into the future. If anything it drives others to push themselves harder, which is what competition is all about.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:38 am

Yes, I was impressed too on how all of his girls flooded to him when he won the award. It wasn't just a hand shake or a congrats but hugs, tears and shouts of joy. Congrats to Greg on a well deserved and probably a "it's about time" award.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cd » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:54 am

How many others coaches have had teams at the championship level for so many years? this year was very deserving as they weren't expected to do much this year and then to take the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Good job Braves!!!
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbplayer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:56 pm

Amundson sure surprised a lot of his critics by winning the state championship without the kelpenskis with a bunch of girls that worked very hard for him throughout the season. The season started out a little shakey but Mandan manage to find the right chemistry at the right time by beating BHS not once but three times. My hats off to greg amundson and the mandan braves for winning thier 6th straight championship! Amundson best coaching job by far!
bbplayer

Return to Girls