ND Coaching and Teaching Jobs

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

ND Coaching and Teaching Jobs

Postby CHS » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:50 am

Guys , gals whoever can help me on this. I am orginally from ND played high school ball there as well as college football. Been teaching and coaching in AZ for the past 6 years. Came down right out of college. I had to get out of the snow and cold lol. Basketball is not life down here by any means, soccer and baseball come first so its a different envirment. Family is all still back in ND. Curious on websites or openings that may open up in ND. I am a girls coach in the largest division in AZ. We have 2500 students and play at the 5-A level. Believe it or not I only have 35 kids for 3 levels. I have flown my kids back to ND for xmas tournaments the past two seasons. Great experience and they got to play at my old high school in front of a packed house. But I need to be in a more competitive atmosphere. We play in front of 30 people each night . The good thing about AZ is that I can practice all summer long after the last day of school. So we actually have practice starting May 30th to get ready for summer tournaments etc.
Anyways I do have a couple connections back in ND but thought maybe someone on here could give me a website etc. We have won back to back region titles and went to state this season. We have been 17-0 the last two years in our region and 29-3 over my 4 years here in region play. Just some info if any of it matters. I am going to post this in another section also I hope that is ok. You don't get any better hospitality then ND people.
CHS

Re: ND Coaching and Teaching Jobs

Postby cd » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:22 pm

opening for girls basketball coach in Minot, ND - coach retired as of now.

possibly one at BHS in Bismarck also - the way it sounds, parents aren't real happy with their coach. Just a thought
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby upnext » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:40 pm

After MHS rolled over BHS it may be time to step down!!
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby CHS » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:02 pm

Well my cousin played QB at Bismarck and my uncle coaches at Wachter Middle School. Any help on who I contact etc. Bismarck would be ideal , I am from Linton, ND my mentor was Dan Carr and still is.
CHS

Postby upnext » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:14 pm

Jim Haussler is the athletic director at BHS and CHS. He would be the contact..
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:14 pm

There will be an opening at West Fargo and maybe Fargo North. Probably Devils Lake, I think Privratsky mentioned that he was only in it for a year.

I wish Meier would come back to St. Mary's. He could rebuild the program like he did the first time and at least people appreciate a good coach when they have one.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby CHS » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:19 pm

Thanks guys any contact number for Jim or anything in that regard. BHS would be great but I can't count on that opening although I would like to be in the Bismarck area. It does not have to be a class A school either. I am also an asst football coach at the varsity level and have coached baseball before. I teach PE and Health which I assume a teaching opening has to be open in that position in order for them to hire you.
CHS

Postby upnext » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Baller:

Are you calling Meier a good coach; did you watch the same game last night as the rest of us??? Get real, good coach..he was forced out the first time i recall at SMary's;;he had four returning starters back this year..get real, Metz would have probably won state with his team this year if he would have gotten the job seven yrs ago there.
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:29 pm

upnext wrote:Baller:

Are you calling Meier a good coach; did you watch the same game last night as the rest of us??? Get real, good coach..he was forced out the first time i recall at SMary's;;he had four returning starters back this year..get real, Metz would have probably won state with his team this year if he would have gotten the job seven yrs ago there.

NO Meier was not forced out at St. Mary's, he left to take a counseling job in the public schools and I cannot blame anyone at St. Mary's for doing that because teachers do not get retirement or benifits so its pretty hard to build a future there. I do call Meier a good coach and you can say what you will, but when parents are at home and in the stands coaching their kids to do the opposite of what the coach says its pretty hard to get them to do what you want. If parents would butt out and let him coach, his team would have been much more successful, instead they pace in the stands and scream obsenities at the coach and the players on the floor.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby CHS » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:41 pm

Well left a message with Jim's Sec. I am not sure if he has a direct number. If you guys here if Meier is leaving please let know asap.Any other help from you guys would be great. Any contact info for West Fargo also who to contact
CHS

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:08 pm

Baller wrote:There will be an opening at West Fargo and maybe Fargo North. Probably Devils Lake, I think Privratsky mentioned that he was only in it for a year.

I wish Meier would come back to St. Mary's. He could rebuild the program like he did the first time and at least people appreciate a good coach when they have one.

Isn't West Fargo's coach Lynette Mund? Is she getting out of coaching? And if so, why? What happened?
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby upnext » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Baller

Realize without the Feeney's at BHS what would they have???? Probably a 2 and out at Regions in my opinion.. SMary's with the two Feeneys and Messer would beat BHS hands down but i guess the Feeney's thought public school would be a better shot at a title..Give Amundson that BHS team for a yr you would get your title BHS!!take it to the bank!
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:05 pm

tellmeaboutit wrote:
Baller wrote:There will be an opening at West Fargo and maybe Fargo North. Probably Devils Lake, I think Privratsky mentioned that he was only in it for a year.

Isn't West Fargo's coach Lynette Mund? Is she getting out of coaching? And if so, why? What happened?

Mund got engaged over Christmas and is going to be moving.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby CHS » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys , like I said before any help I would appreciate it. A class A school would be ideal cause right now that is where I am at, A class B school I would not pass up if it was the right situation. I have left messages to all the secretaries as no one had a direct line. Lets hope I hear something
Justin
CHS

Postby cd » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:30 am

There now is an opening in boys basketball at Mandan High School. You can contact Lorell Jungling at Mandan High School 701 - 663-9532. Our coach resigned to spend more time with his family - he has 2 small children.
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby CHS » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:28 am

Thank you for the heads up
CHS

Postby CHS » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:58 pm

Bumping this up in case anyone hear's anything else. Resume went out to Minot on Friday regarding the girls job. West Fargo seemed like their asst was going to take over. I guess she played at Iowa St or Iowa. Plus WF did not have a teaching opening in my area which I will not take if thats not an option.
CHS

Postby Hinsa » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Topic locked. We're really not a job search site.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:32 am

I'd just add that if someone had some useful information, they could send CHS a private message or an email. Just use the buttons located below his name.

Thanks.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls