WDA Coach of the Year

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

WDA Coach of the Year

Postby Eminence » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:02 am

There is an article in the Bismarck Tribune's Letter to the Editor section about Mandan and Century booing Steve Meier for Coach of the Year. What is that about?
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: WDA Coach of the Year

Postby Baller » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:31 am

From what I have made out from people is that the Mandan section booed him because they felt that Amundson should have gotten it. Honestly, I think if there was a year that Amundson really deserved it the most it was this year, but I am a huge Steve Meier fan and I just think that the sportsmanship in general has declined.

Interestingly enough, there was an article in the grand forks herald yesturday that interviewed Marlee Finley and she was quoted as waying that she likes the competition in the WDA better than Class B, but people are way meaner in class A.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:40 am

I think we could go away from giving these awards in front of the crowd. The only way anyone really cares is when their coach doesn't get the nod.

I personally would like to have everyone stop booing or having all the whinners after the booing stop. Either way it they are both annoying.

I would also love to be booed. At least it meant that people were taking notice.

And if the winners supporters cheered loud enough they could drown out the boo birds
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Eminence » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:43 am

In the State booklet, the last time Amundson was WDA coach of the year was 1997. 11 years ago. I thought that is why they were booing.

Sportsmanship has gone down and the intensity level to win has gone up over the years. You definetly see it in the young traveling team games. The need to win has exceeded common sense and you see it on the officials. There needs to be a change so the games are officiated without biased opinions.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby upnext » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:22 pm

If you were a Mandan fan you would boo to...BHS was supposed to win the WDA and state this yr--Coach of the year should go to someone that exceeds expectations. From what i heard is that nobody cares for Amundson in the coaching fraternity which is probably cuz they are tired of getting kicked by forty plus all these last few yrs. Just a thought..
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon_fan14 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:18 pm

Eminence wrote:In the State booklet, the last time Amundson was WDA coach of the year was 1997. 11 years ago. I thought that is why they were booing.

Sportsmanship has gone down and the intensity level to win has gone up over the years. You definetly see it in the young traveling team games. The need to win has exceeded common sense and you see it on the officials. There needs to be a change so the games are officiated without biased opinions.

that is ridiculous he hasnt won since 1997
demon_fan14

Postby squeak63 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:04 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:
Eminence wrote:In the State booklet, the last time Amundson was WDA coach of the year was 1997. 11 years ago. I thought that is why they were booing.

it is... i think when the people vote on this they go in with the opinion that oh he has one so many lets give it to someone else... but the facts are that it has been a while since he has one it and this year shows that even tho a team is expected to do great and they do there coach can still win coach of the year...thats about the only argument you could put up against amundson the last 5 years when they have won pretty much every game they played... and what i am interested in is when is the last time he won the state coach of the year?
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:11 pm

The fact that the award is voted on by the other coaches shows that he is not respected by his peers.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:42 pm

Baller wrote:The fact that the award is voted on by the other coaches shows that he is not respected by his peers.

and for some reason the other coaches dont like amundson or something??? cause i think he by far deserved it this year and showed how good of a coach he really is this year
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby demon_fan14 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:45 pm

squeak63 wrote:
Baller wrote:The fact that the award is voted on by the other coaches shows that he is not respected by his peers.

and for some reason the other coaches dont like amundson or something??? cause i think he by far deserved it this year and showed how good of a coach he really is this year

ya......ill be honest....i think he should win it hands down EVERY year
demon_fan14

Postby threeball » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:52 am

squeak63 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:

it is... i think when the people vote on this they go in with the opinion that oh he has one so many lets give it to someone else... but the facts are that it has been a while since he has one it and this year shows that even tho a team is expected to do great and they do there coach can still win coach of the year...thats about the only argument you could put up against amundson the last 5 years when they have won pretty much every game they played... and what i am interested in is when is the last time he won the state coach of the year?

I'm not positive on this but i heard that before tonight amundson had never won state coach of the year.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:52 am

correct
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby cd » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:54 am

Greg Amundson should have won WDA coach of the year - he put together a team this year that didn't have the personality and chemistry of previous years. He is one of the toughest coaches around but also see where it takes him. those girls work hard for him. Bismarck High was expected to win the WDA and State this year so that is one reason that Meier shouldn't have gotten the award. Can anyone tell me what he actually did to mold this team. I was sitting by some Bismarck people last evening and boy they don't have any respect for Meier and wouldn't let their daughter play for him. Are there others that feel that way? Perhaps Meier could try to instill some sportsmanship into his team also. That Feeney girl that slapped away the Mandan "helping hand" last night was pathetic! What a sore loser! As a parent I would have been terribly embarassed if I had a daughter that acted as she did.
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:41 am

moron

closed
rep

Return to Girls